Any interest in a 160th SOAR reference CD?

I called them on Friday but the PAO SGT I needed to talk to was out until Monday so I'll call back on Monday to see if they can finish, more likely, find our pictures.  I really want to get this done.  This project has taken way too long, but I want it as complete as I can get it.

Floyd

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys this is my first post on here.  I am a great source of information on the aircraft.  Ask any questions you like of me and I will answer anything I can that is not sensitive information on our amazing aircraft.  That being said please please please be very careful posting pictures of an aircraft this is in harms way all over the world.  A CD with hundreds of pictures to be sold to people is a security violation.  If the pictures were not authorized to be taken by the Regt Public Affairs Officer please don't sell them to anyone, especially not to people overseas.

1 hour ago, Evilspyderman said:

Hey guys this is my first post on here.  I am a great source of information on the aircraft.  Ask any questions you like of me and I will answer anything I can that is not sensitive information on our amazing aircraft.  That being said please please please be very careful posting pictures of an aircraft this is in harms way all over the world.  A CD with hundreds of pictures to be sold to people is a security violation.  If the pictures were not authorized to be taken by the Regt Public Affairs Officer please don't sell them to anyone, especially not to people overseas.

I'm in - can you please provide some pics that illustrate how the FLIR display was mounted on early model H-6 aircraft?  

With regard to the CD, if you read through the thread, you'll see that all the pictures are being approved by proper channels.   

Edited by 11bee
8 hours ago, Evilspyderman said:

The PAO and S2 have approved all the photos that will be used in the book.  Open source stuff, such as airshows, are not approved but since they are open sourced there is no security violations.

Floyd

8 hours ago, Evilspyderman said:

I wish I could but I am a 60 guy at Fort Lewis, no little birds here.  

No worries Evil.   If  you have any, I'd personally love to see pics of any helo's with crew art / nicknames (if there are any left) as well as any shots of aircraft down range (obviously ones that are cleared for release).

Heck yeah, I got 3 MH-60M questions

1) On the right side of the helo just where the tailboom meets the cabin transition section, there is a rectangular opening. What is it for and where does it go?

2nd question. On the nose of the MH-60M, their are 2 triangle shaped "sonethings" in front of each pilot's windshield. What are they and is the opening hollow or closed off?

3rd) A member on here named Hot Mike apparently is also a 160th guy and he said that the unit is close to fielding touch screens in the back near the crew chiefs position to aid the crew with systems management. Do you know about that and can let us see pics if it doesn't violate OPSEC?

THANKS, and Merry Christmas to you and all the guys of the 160th SOAR.

Tim

Okay awesome,

1. If you are talking about the large rectangle that's is forward of the flare launcher but aft of the transition section (the tapered part between the tail boom and the cabin fuelselage. It is an avionics access panel. Open it and there are boxes inside. Nothing exciting. 

2. They are cooling vents, if you look in the from the outside there is wire mesh and a cooling fan like you would find in a computer.

3. Sounds like a rumor to me. I honestly don't know what I would need or use a touch screen anything for in the back..... Doesn't mean I am right there are a lot of "good ideas" that get talked about at FTCKY that never go anywhere and I don't here about way out here but if it were close to being fielded I would have heard about it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here is the latest.  I am sorry to say that this is termination of this project.

Mr. Werner,

After discussions with ARSOAC and the 160th we have determined we will be unable to support this project as requested. I apologize for the time it took to get to this decision but the request spanned a couple of commanders. If you any questions, please let me know.

LTC Robert Bockholt
Director of Public Affairs
US Army Special Operations Command

Sorry.  Thanks to Aaron Drake and Aaron Rhodes for the effort.

Floyd

No CD pics either Tim. If the 160th is uncomfortable with photos out there that THEY authorized in the first place, I am not comfortable distributing photos that they may not have had, or doing this project on my own. Floyd and Aaron may feel different about theirs, but this is the way I feel about my photos. I would just say that this is the end of the project. Period. 

Aaron 

1 hour ago, hawkwrench said:

Does that mean no CD pics also???

I'll take a CD copy if you say yes

Tim

No none of our photos will be released to outside sources.  It was an agreement we entered into this project with.  If they didn't approve them we wouldn't use them.  So we won't.  Airshow pics no problem but the ones we all took at the compounds will not be released.  

I'm not done yet.  I plan on attacking this again.  I'm a very patient man and persistent.  

Floyd