Any interest in a 160th SOAR reference CD?

Aaron is away TDY. Before he left I had access to the photos he took of the MH-47, MH-6M and the MH-60M. It is a massive amount of visual information and is the primary source used to finish the MH-60M update. None of what I was shown can be released by me, you'll have to wait until Aaron and friends get their project together.

Chris M

The other Aaron, Aaron Rhodes, is working on getting the photos tweaked for exposure. Then he'll send them to me. I'll run them by a friend who does print work and see if we can put it together in a Reid Publications style book. If not then we'll go the DVD route. So we are working on it.

Floyd

• 3 months later...

I have no progress to speak of. I recently had to move my family across-state, and start a new job. I am going to be working 50+ hours a week for the foreseeable future on an on-call basis. At this point, the CD/book is not a priority for me. If Floyd wants to pick up and carry the torch forward, he is welcome to. Otherwise, editing the photos will have to wait.

Aaron

• 2 months later...

This is probably not going to happen. I meant to post on this. We experienced a technical difficulty on some photos. I'm not sure if it is worth the time and effort if I can't do it right. I won't say that it won't happen just that the scale and scope may be less. Interior pictures are our issue. The S2 (intel officer) stopped us from using many of our photos of the interior. The other interior photos were 'lost'. Just let that go so I don't get started. So without the interior photos I'm not happy with the prospect of the subject matter. While we have many new items the lack of interior photos is depressing to me.

If you have interior photos from airshows of the AH/MH-6M, MH-60M and MH-47E/G let me know. With good quality photos maybe, I stress maybe, I will reconsider doing this project. Actually if you have any photos of the Night Stalker aircraft that you took or have the quality photos that aren't copyrighted please share them with me. With the right photos we might be able to make this happen. We'd like to include historical stuff. I have Graham's and some others. Any will help.

Sorry

Floyd

FWIW, I wouldn't let the lack of interior photographs stop the product. Worse case scenario the modeler doesn't add interior detail to his model (or makes it up based on what might be available elsewhere) but still has your photographs to ensure the exterior of his model is accurate.

Steven Brown

Scale Model Soup

Bummer, just hope someone can snap some good airshow pics. Thanks all you guys for trying anyway.

If you can take pics at airshows and let people crawl around inside of them, other than the IP, I don't see what the fuss is all about taking pictures on the inside.

Yeah, yeah, I know its a Spec ops helo and it falls under the umbrella of OPSEC, but if they don't like it, why are they letting people sit inside and take pics at airshows and PA gatherings?

Its not like its the stealth hawk or something!!!

Tim

This project is not dead. It is on standby until we can find the interior pictures. There are people who have gone to shows that have gotten these pictures which are good enough for what we need. I'd rather have our photos but since the S2 said no go on them we are having to flex.

Again if you can help hit me up at fwernerjr@comcast.net

Floyd

Looks like we are back on. The lost photos have been found or at least a work around has been found.

If you have any high resolution photos of any kind of the Task Force that may be included send them to me on a CD or DVD in the highest resolution available. Please be your pictures. Credit will be given in the acknowledgments. Depending on the contribution we can discuss other terms. Email me at fwernerjr@comcast.net

Thanks for your concern and interest in this project. We are working on it

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.
  • 3 months later...

Friendly bump!

Any word?

Tim

I have pictures that must be approved by the Public Affairs Officer before I can begin adding the photos. We have a layout guy, layout selected tentatively, an editor, and printer so we are just waiting on some approved photos. While at the Nats I also talked to two people that have new photos from the early days that they are willing to share. So it is coming along.

Floyd

• 2 months later...

Right now the last photos are at the Task Force to get approval.  Once they get them back to me I have a layout guy on standby.  I have an editor ready to proof it.  And I have two or three printers to work with.  So right now we are waiting on the Night Stalkers.  

It it is still not too late to submit pics, either down range or air show pics.  No promises.  Open source stuff such as these don't need approval.

Bottom line-still working it

Floyd

9 hours ago, marcinko said:

Hello Floyd, my question still stands, are you willing to deliver to EU ? More precise, ROmania

Also, what price can we expect?

Yes on delivery to the EU, and Romania, and everywhere else worldwide.

As for a price let's see how big this baby is gonna be.  I can't even speculate at the moment. I have lots of photos and plan on covering multiple variants.

Floyd

• 1 month later...