Any interest in a 160th SOAR reference CD?

GET OVER YOURSELF RANDY! Go jump off a cliff and leave the rest of us alone will you! I don't understand what your fascination with me is...How you lurk around here, don't post a damn thing, until you think I do something worthy of your stupid comments. You are such an immature little snot. You call yourself a professional? Seriously? Grow up.

For those who happen to be on teh Book of Faces, Randy Malmstrom has a public album with some rather nice detail shots of both the MH-60s and the MH-47s of the Nightstalkers. For those who cannot wait, at any rate. Just a suggestion.

Why don't you guys just grow up and guit acting like a bunch of childish idiots. Aaron was doing a select few a favor by driving to the show and getting pics for us.

Go take your smartmouth antics somewhere else, we don't need them here. It's hard to believe you guys are supposedly adults, and yet you act like my grandkids!

GROW UP!!!!!!!, get a life and keep your nose out of business that didn't pertain to you in the first place!

Tim

I'm sorry, but exactly what brought that rant on? Aaron appears to be the only one here acting like less than an adult. Yes, there was a joke made using the Geico reference. Aaron's response seems rather over the top, and since he started the thread, I'm quite certain he could easily have had said joke removed, if he wanted. Instead, he decided to blow up and hurl personal insults. Who's acting childish here?

As far as, " doing us a favor," I disagree. Aaron was producing these disks for a profit. "Doing us a favor" are the many folks who go to airshow and what not and post their pics in the reference section, or provide walks rounds to Steve to upload to the site. Aaron is in this for profit.

And hey, there's nothing wrong with that! But let's just be forthright. If he wanted to "do a favor," he'd have already posted pics. If he wants to be the next Jay Melampey, that's great. Plenty of room in the market for expensive photography merchandise, I'm sure. I wish him best of luck in his endeavors. It is not, however, "doing a favor."

Edited by Waco

Why even post an idiotic childish response in the first place?

People like Aaron go out of their way, spend their money, use their gas to go to the show, help answer a favor and this is the thanks and treatment he gets in return!,-- yeah, I think he had a good reason to be upset.

Go play on Face**** instead of here, you're not welcome!!!

Tim

Again, I point out, this is not being done as a favor. This is very much a for profit venture. He offered a product. The price was criticized. He kept the price, but is donating a portion of the profits, which is unverifiable, but seems noble enough. He already has pictures, but has delayed product release to refine the end merchandise quality. All well and good.

Far from, "doing a favor."

And if Aaron wants to stand up a for profit photography business, his fuel and mileage expenses can be written off in his next tax return. Since he's choosing to sell these things, it's not a "favor," not can it be used to justify sympathy towards his business cause. It's part of doing business. Again. All well and good....still not a favor.

I also suspect, since he's trying to stand up this for profit photography venture. That going to the show is not, "out of his way."

Finally, I am a member in good standing on this board. I'm certain you cannot tell me I am unwelcome, sir.

Whatever,I choose not to continue this conversation with somebody who needs to pull the pacifier out of his mouth and listen to what his mommy and daddy taught him (somethings don't need to be said!) and go spill your trash someplace else.

Tim

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I'm not certain why you feel the need to continually delve into personal insults. Returning to Aaron's outburst, I'd offer you the same advice. You can't be responsible for someone else's actions, only your own.

I merely came into this discussion to offer some alternate references, since Modelers can never have too many refs, as has been established many times. Also, since this particular reference has been delayed. Maybe there'll be a Modern Nightstalkers Guide soon enough, who knows?

In the meantime, good day, sir. I hope we can have a more congenial discourse next time.

Thank you guys for your interest and support. I look forward to being able to produce a great CD for you guys, one that I hope will be able to help with modeling, and help to spark interest in the awesome group that is the 160th SOAR.

Aaron

Please add me to the list of interested parties, and put me down for one CD. Thanks very much in advance for putting it together!

Ray

ANYONE who thinks taking the time to photograph and edit hundreds of photos from multiple locations of multiple aircraft all to sell a dozen or so CDs is in it for the money is out of their ever loving mind. I speak from experience on this as I produced two DVDs with over 3,000 photos and I believe I have made a grand total of $60 or so in profits for my efforts. I will say this, if you feel that asking for a fee to have full resolution photos of aircraft most of us can't get close to except at airshows is unreasonable, go take em yourself and PLEASE share with the rest of us! I'll be waiting!

Ray

PS: I did it because I love the Huey and the modeling community. Pretty sure Aaron did it for the same reason except his love is the 160th. If you begrudge us trying to recoup a small fraction of our gas and time, so be it.

Edited by rotorwash

Dang... tough crowd around here.

I see both side of the coin. Strike - good luck with the CD, hope it does well.

Ray - I haven't forgotten about your Huey CD, once we get a new-tool Huey, I'll be in for one. It will be very useful. Could I find most of those pics online? Probably but it's a hell of a lot of searching, left-click, save as... Plus most would be lower-res and I'd rather just have one-stop shopping for all my reference needs.

I'm sure that is why many folks would also be interested in the 160th CD.

Ray, I wasn't referring to you. It just seems at times there are a few who feel the need to pick an issue to criticize just to start a fight. I still think its just as easy to give an opinion or point out an error in a nice way as it is to be negative about it.

Walt

Ray, I wasn't referring to you. It just seems at times there are a few who feel the need to pick an issue to criticize just to start a fight. I still think its just as easy to give an opinion or point out an error in a nice way as it is to be negative about it.

Walt

No worries, Walt. Looks like I will have access to a UH-60M here shortly. I plan to photograph her till they drag me off the airfield!

Ray

U can add me to one CD .I have too Blackhawks.

Let me know where to pay . I hope pay pal .Can I pre pay .. .

I hate surfing the web for photo's not getting good sharp clear photos ..

Rick

Edited by infofrog

In for one CD

Any references on the 160th machines would be most welcome.

Thank you.

FWIW, one of the best references for 160th Littlebirds (especially earlier versions) is right here on ARC.

After talking with Aaron Drake and Aaron Rhodes (I know confusing right?) we've agreed that Werner's Wings will be the distributor of the Night Stalker CD or DVD (format depends file sizes and quantity). Once they get it together and are happy with it, Werner's Wings get it reproduced and will have it available on the website and at our Ebay store. As they mentioned some of the proceeds will be forwarded to the Night Stalker Memorial Association. We are going to wait until we have Little Birds, MH-60Ms (hopefully DAPs too) and MH-47Gs. Look for this CD/DVD around early September.

Floyd

We are going with $25.00 as the sale price, as was stated earlier. However, we have agreed that instead of $5.00 going to the Night Stalkers Association alone, we will be donating a further $5.00 to a Special Forces related charity as well.

I am personally not comfortable with taking pre-orders. I would rather wait until the product is produced, and we all three are happy with the quality and coverage. To be honest with you, as I stated before, I do not feel I have an acceptable amount of coverage of the MH-60M's and MH-47G's of the 4th yet, and a further base visit has been denied. So, I am going to have to rely on what I can get on the 8th of August at a local, public event, or depend on Aaron's visit with the units at Ft Campbell to pick up my slack. So, in my opinion, I am against pre-orders. If Aaron and Floyd have a differing opinion on this, then I will leave that up to them.

I am sincerely grateful to Aaron Drake for approaching me with his offer to help. His effort will ensure that this CD/DVD is complete and features each aircraft that the 160th currently has in inventory. This will greatly increase the value of the CD to you, the modeler/customer. I am equally grateful to Floyd for offering to pick up the logistics/delivery side of the project. This will allow the product to be more widely distributed than it would have been otherwise.

Look forward to September guys! It should be a great time for 160th modelers/enthusiasts everywhere.

Aaron