well i sprayed the bottom, then thought id get the white tac and and roll some sausages for the camo...... but i cant find it!!!! i have a sneaking feeling a small person has borrowed it for his school project

so.....

free hand camo

DSCF3568.jpg

DSCF3567.jpg

DSCF3566.jpg

Mark,

I'm really surprised at the fit of those small panels. For a 1/24 scale kit with this amount of detail, and was molded with the latest technology, that those issues would have been addressed.

You free hand camo paint scheme really looks quite good. Very nicely done.

Joel

Time for a proper update

ok here's where i am, and a warning for anyone building this kit in any scheme, the decal placment numbers are wrong, not just in the checkers but also the walkways and stencils, so check and double check, dont do what i did and trust in Airfix

as you may have read, due to the error in numbering i got them wrong and then they disintegrated when i tried to swap them

ok TC kindly researched this aircraft for me and it appears that, the checkers were a post war addition to the plane, so until some replacement arrives it a war machine, when replacments arrive they will be retro fitted

DSCF3604.jpg

DSCF3605.jpg

i found that using DACO strong decal setting liquid allowed the detail to show through well

DSCF3606.jpg

work has also begun on the base, the cork board has been coated in PVA glue and sprinkled with various shades of 'grass' once this is fully dry (you can still see some white pva in places, i will add some 'mud' where the wheels have dug in

DSCF3607.jpg

Mark,

Your decaling really is quite impressive, as they've settled into every nook and cranny so well, they do indeed look like they're painted on. The base is coming along nicely. Will you be adding any figures or equipment to it?

Joel

yes mate, i have a set of Tamiya, rally pit crew to convert, and a friend has lent me a 1/24 pilot figure im going to try to cast

ok all the decals are on and sealed, so ive started with a coat of 'Dark wash'

DSCF3608.jpg

DSCF3609.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mark,

Your decaling really is quite impressive, as they've settled into every nook and cranny so well, they do indeed look like they're painted on. The base is coming along nicely. Will you be adding any figures or equipment to it?

Joel

Strangely, I've always found Airfix decals the best to work with of any brand - thin and they bed down perfectly. I've only made a few old Airfix kits since returning to the hobby, but the decals were a dream, better than Tamiya, Hase, Academy, Matchbox, Monogram IMO.

Strangely, I've always found Airfix decals the best to work with of any brand - thin and they bed down perfectly. I've only made a few old Airfix kits since returning to the hobby, but the decals were a dream, better than Tamiya, Hase, Academy, Matchbox, Monogram IMO.

Thommo,

I tend to use AM decals or kits that come with Cartograf decals. The few Tamiya kits I've built with their decals were really just to thick to have that painted on look to them.

Joel