Wingman Models (anyone heard of these guys?)

So I came across a page on FB called Wingman Models..looks like they have some cool KFIR kits and was wondering if anyone had heard of them.

It looked like there was some connection between them and Kinetic maybe?

Enlighten me..

Wingman is a collaboration of what was once Airdoc, and Isracast/decal. Those Kfir kits are indeed the Kinetic ones, with a bunch of resin and new decals added by them. Same with the Alpha Jets and the Magisters.

Wingman Models are located in Erlangen, just near Nuremberg in Germany. Since May 9 they run a nice LHS there, too. You can see, touch and buy all their goodies there as well as you can talk with the wingman guys. So if you have a stop in Nuremberg, it is not far from the Nbg. airport! Just a "jump"!

They have a website as well as an online shop:

Littleshopofphantoms

They cooperate with Kinetic and the Wingman kits contain Kinetic kits but with high quality resin parts and decals. Often worth the price compared to the "naked" Kinetic kit. They offer therefore also kit options Kinetic will not do!

So not only various Kfirs, also Alpha Jet, Fouga Magister, Mirage III and more intersting projects will follow!

They also publish books and they sell resin AM sets too as well as decals.

I just picked up a couple of the Kfirs in Sth America and resin has improved since initial release.

Nice quality and good details.

Overall nice.

Yes, I have the impression their resin now is much better.

I have the Wingman F-21 and it looks very good in the box, from the Kinetic styrene to the Wingman resin. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the intel.

They looked like they had a nice product line. The F-21 KFIR is what interests me..I'm not sure I can afford $90 for a kit, but still, I thought they had a good looking kit line up.

Thanks for the intel.

They looked like they had a nice product line. The F-21 KFIR is what interests me..I'm not sure I can afford $90 for a kit, but still, I thought they had a good looking kit line up.

FWIW - I piked up the F-21 kit and was very disappointed by the quality of the resin. I might use the seat but everything else will be trashed or highly modified. I encourage you to see it first hand before you buy and make your own quality vs cost decision.

-Cliff