F/A-18B Hornet 1/72 Académy

Hi everybody,

This is a "B" version, made from the Académy's great "D" version...

Décals are Rough Raiders's Two Bobs...Very good quality...

Some add-ons have been used : Aires's exhaust and electronic bays, Wolfpack Design's flaps (not a top level add-on in my opinion..it's better to buid home made flaps from the kit, and less expensive...)

I have used Lifecolor paints, with pencil and Pébéo varnish.

Some pics :

p1010014.jpg

p1010013.jpg

p1010015.jpg

p1010016.jpg

p1010017.jpg

p1010012.jpg

20150511.jpg

Thanks for your reading...

Cheers...

Seb

Very nice Hornet :) Did You modify the kit tails? Or used the ones from F/A-18A?

I really like how that PE in cockpit looks like. I guess it would be impossible to replicate that level of detail with painting.

Awesome scheme!

You're right about droping those flaps. I've done it a few times already, and it's pretty straightforward :)

Thanks a lot Thadeus... I have modified the kit tails : it's easy to do, even if i have the "A" version on my desk (Blue Angel 's "A")...

I think that using PE in cockpits is very simple, a little bit expensive, but fantastic...

Thanks again...

Seb

Zoot allures! You don't see a camo hornet for ages, then two come along together -scarcely got around Teeradej's rather spanky Sidewinders C, and now this: all in 1/72 into the bargain. Very nice work indeed. :thumbsup: