What are ya smokin or grillin this weekend?

I'm starting my grill up in about 15 minutes. Had to switch to ribs, the brisket was sold out. But, I'm trying a new rib smoking recipe so let the grilling commence! Too bad theres no smell'o'vision on ARC.

There may not be smell-o-vision, but you can post pictures of your, um, build! :cheers:

All this delicious looking BBQ and no suds...?

alexander_keith_beer_bottle_sticker__50004_zpsee5eiaua.png

I smoked my whole chicken yesterday so no pictures. Since I am just grilling boring old steaks later I will admire the culinary work of the smokers above.

:cheers:

Don.

In the midst of cooking all that great looking food, just be sure to take a minute and hoist a pint in honor of those who served, those who are currently serving and those who gave all.

Happy Memorial Day!

What type of wood chips are you using? I've got hickory chips soaked in beer going on mine, and it smells AWESOME.

Today I used apple wood chips. Not soaked in anything this time. Along with a full 32oz of apple cider vinegar.

Ribs came out very good and were a hit. Hope everyone else did the same. I'm bout to pass out on the hammock. Kids tire me out. Plus I had an impromptu challenge/dare that I couldn't run around the block so I ran in sandals smoking a cigar.

Well, the ribs were a big hit. It feels great to put in six hours on the grill and have everyone enjoy your efforts. I tried a brand new recipe and a new smoking technique I read about, and it is a technique that'll be my go to now.

... I tried a brand new recipe and a new smoking technique I read about, and it is a technique that'll be my go to now.

And that new technique is?

3-2-1 technique. I read about it on a smoking website. 3 hours smoking, 2 hours in foil to steam, 1 hour to finish up out of the foil again. All at around 250 degrees. Check out smoking-meat.com.

That's the way I tried them the first time I did ribs on the smoker and I wasn't impressed. This time I just left the ribs on their own in the smoker for about the first 5 hours. Then the last 2-3 I flipped them and added the sauce and raised the temp up between 250-300. I wanted the sauce to bake in this time. They turned out great and everyone really enjoyed them.

I also marinated them in salt pepper and Italian dressing for the whole day the day before. Italian dressing is my go to for almost everything.

05241516071_zps4faquszt.jpg05241514241_zpsjjkmhq6v.jpg0524150650a1_zps1uwjyjmk.jpg

<br>3-2-1 technique.   I read about it on a smoking website.   3 hours smoking, 2 hours in foil to steam, 1 hour to finish up out of the foil again.   All at around 250 degrees.  Check out smoking-meat.com.

Kind of on a way what I did with the pork shoulder with a similar setup.  I cooked with Hickory and Mesquite wood for 3 hours.  I then wrapped it up in foil with apple juice poured in till the probe hit 195*.  Took about 10 hours and the foil wall keeps the radiant heat from blasting the meat.  I didn't baste or turn it once before I foiled it up 3 hours in.

Edited by Spectre711