Academy request part

This is my Academy request part and following answers.

What do you think about?

Me:

Dear Sirs,

I need a replacement part, named "UPPER FUSELAGE" in attached photo, of the Academy F-4C Phantom II "Vietnam War" 1/48 kit Number 12294.

Obviously I can pay for it.

Could you tell me the way for get it?

My address is:

Academy:

Dear …

Glad to know you, I am … who is working at Academy.

At your request, I have checked our warehouse, and found that 12294 is stockout.

Therefore, I am afraid to say, we could not send replacement part of 12294 to you.

I hope you understand this situation.

Me:

Hi …,

glad to know you, for me too.

However I want to tell you that the replacement part is the same named "upper fuselage" in the Phantom 1/48 USN F-4J VF-84 Jolly Rogers, number kit 12305.

Waiting for your kind reply.

Best Regards

Academy:

Dear …,

I have rechecked our warehouse [12305, 1/48 F-4J "VF-84 JOLLY ROGERS] but, we do not have upper fuselage for this model, too.

It is regrettable to say again that we are unable to send you replacement parts.

I would like to ask for your deep understanding again.

Best Regards,

Me:

Dear …,

ok, thank you again for your interest.

Best Regards

Edited by rhino

Rhino, mate.

I understand yer grief very well, as I've been there many times before. Last time I bothered askin' for replacement parts was the last time I eva wasted my time doin' so. So disastrous it was that it served me to dig just how much kit manufacturers - some of 'em, at least - care 'bout their customers.

That goes to ya, bloody crooks at Revell Consumer Service! :explode:Consumer care? Bollocks... :rolleyes:

For a year they had me sendin' e-mails back 'n' forth 'til they told me that they had finally found the part I needed. Then they asked me to send the whole plethora of data they request from someone: first and last name; complete mailing address; a phone number where to be reached; kit number; name of your kit; part number for which one is requesting replacement, circled in red on the instruction sheet; description for the missing or defective part 'n' explanation for why you need a replacement :blink: (yeh, part is so badly bent outa shape not even freakin' David Copperfield woulda been able to fix it!); proof of purchase (UPC or a copy of your sales receipt), 'n' finally a check for $10...

Waited two months after sendin' everythin' without havin' an e-mail from 'em. Contacted them via e-mail soon afterwards 'n' they told me nobody was aware of my request, 'n' also, that the part I needed belonged to a kit which was long outa production (Duuuuuuuuhhh...!) :doh:

Told that lazy sod to follow the thread of the whole correspondence I maintained with some person at that department for nearly 15 months, but next they told me this suddenly person died, 'n' that there was nuthin' they could do for me.

Okay then, Revell, ya can go straight to hell now, nay stops in between. Will be damn sure not to buy a single model eva again from ye, ya hear? Good! :lol: Nay only do ya suck big time, but also ya're bloody liars 'n' shameless crooks.

Real uncalled for...

Cheers 'em

Unc²

Rhino, mate.

I understand yer grief very well, as I've been there many times before. Last time I bothered askin' for replacement parts was the last time I eva wasted my time doin' so. So disastrous it was that it served me to dig just how much kit manufacturers - some of 'em, at least - care 'bout their customers.

That goes to ya, bloody crooks at Revell Consumer Service! :explode:/> Consumer care? Bollocks... :rolleyes:/>

For a year they had me sendin' e-mails back 'n' forth 'til they told me that they had finally found the part I needed. Then they asked me to send the whole plethora of data they request from someone: first and last name; complete mailing address; a phone number where to be reached; kit number; name of your kit; part number for which one is requesting replacement, circled in red on the instruction sheet; description for the missing or defective part 'n' explanation for why you need a replacement :blink:/> (yeh, part is so badly bent outa shape not even freakin' David Copperfield woulda been able to fix it!); proof of purchase (UPC or a copy of your sales receipt), 'n' finally a check for $10...

Waited two months after sendin' everythin' without havin' an e-mail from 'em. Contacted them via e-mail soon afterwards 'n' they told me nobody was aware of my request, 'n' also, that the part I needed belonged to a kit which was long outa production (Duuuuuuuuhhh...!) :doh:/>

Told that lazy sod to follow the thread of the whole correspondence I maintained with some person at that department for nearly 15 months, but next they told me this suddenly person died, 'n' that there was nuthin' they could do for me.

Okay then, Revell, ya can go straight to hell now, nay stops in between. Will be damn sure not to buy a single model eva again from ye, ya hear? Good! :lol:/> Nay only do ya suck big time, but also ya're bloody liars 'n' shameless crooks.

Real uncalled for...

Cheers 'em

Unc²

Was thius Revell Germany? I've ordered multiple parts from Revell had never had an issue. Always had them show up in the mail in about two weeks. Did have to order a B-17 fuselage half from Revell Germany and it did take about two months. But never had to pay for anything.

I sent an "order" in 2 weeks ago for a 1/48 Thud part. Was kinda hesitant

seeing as though it has been OOP for quite some time. I got an e-mail last

week saying the kit was OOP about a week later. At least they answered. I

did send to ROG a couple years ago and the part came in the mail about a month

later, I am very happy with Revell. But lately I think Revell USA is slipping.

Not what it use to be.---John

If you are in the US you should request parts through MRC (they are in New Jersey), as they are the distributor in the States. I've needed Academy replacement parts twice, and MRC had them to me in one week both times, with no communication issues...

If you are in the US you should request parts through MRC (they are in New Jersey), as they are the distributor in the States. I've needed Academy replacement parts twice, and MRC had them to me in one week both times, with no communication issues...

No Joe, I live in Italy.

Edited by rhino

Was thius Revell Germany?

Nay Revell Germany, but Revell USA.

But lately I think Revell USA is slipping.

Not what it use to be.

:blink: Slippin'...? More like trippin,' I'd say... :rolleyes: Not nice to keep someone's hopes so high to then tell ya eveythin' had been just empty words, y'know. Believe me I'd go outa my way 'n' post right here the whole thread of e-mail comms I maintained with at least three different blokes at Revell Consumer Service for almost a year 'n' a half, so that they learnt who they are 'n' how lame they were, askin' to submit a sheeshload of info + money from someone who just righteously resorted to a service they said themselves to provide...