New 1/32 Zotz F-4B decal sheet

I noticed that Zotz Decals has recently released this new sheet which has markings for four Viet Nam MiG Killers. Has anyone seen what this sheet looks like and what aircraft are depicted? Images on the internet just show one aircraft from VF-51 on the cover of the sheet.

Is there even a 1/32 F-4B kit?

No but there is an expensive and very nice resin conversion from G.T. Resin (I have one).

You have a choice to either use the Tamiya F-4J or C/D kit.

Don

No but there is an expensive and very nice resin conversion from G.T. Resin (I have one).

You have a choice to either use the Tamiya F-4J or C/D kit.

a unique adaptable conversion for both kits?

a unique adaptable conversion for both kits?

You have to specify which kit when ordering because the C/D Conv. comes with the slatted stabs which are already in the "J" kit.

Don

You have to specify which kit when ordering because the C/D Conv. comes with the slatted stabs which are already in the "J" kit.

inboard wing pylons, too? if I remember correctly USAF-style inner pylon's shape differ from Navy ones

thanks

Edited by Alpagueur

That ebay listing is for the F-4J to F-4B kit (no pylons, and that kit has the engine exhausts)

here's a review of that kit

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=10958

at the bottom is a link to the producer's page on LSP, and you can use that to go and get the item number for the conversion you actually want

Edited by Rex

Odd that someone hasn't produced a mainstream model of the F-4B in 1/32 considering both its heavy use/popularity and the fact that the F-4N wouldn't be overly difficult to follow. I mean the C, D, E (technically the EJ as well), F, G, J and RF-4C Spooks are all out there in great kitted form but no F-4B/N. Strange to me as one would think that it would be a good seller, especially with the recent resurgence in interest in 1/32. Who knows?

Regards,

Don.

could Aires F-4J/S cockpit tube be retrofitted to the B model without much effort? :unsure:

Zotz sheet (is it still available?) is stunning but Cutting Edge conversion(s) are OOP for a long time so there are not a lot of goodies for the B/N variants out there (I don't know how GT Resin will work/fit as I never tried their products)...

Edited by Alpagueur
  • 4 weeks later...

could Aires F-4J/S cockpit tube be retrofitted to the B model without much effort? unsure.gif

Zotz sheet (is it still available?) is stunning but Cutting Edge conversion(s) are OOP for a long time so there are not a lot of goodies for the B/N variants out there (I don't know how GT Resin will work/fit as I never tried their products)...

Hi, This is Gary with GT Resin. I guarantee it ill fit, and the parts are correct. I made this kit because I have built a CE kit, and all of it had to be modified, reshaped, or thrown out to make an accurate B or N. The old CE set was fine for its day, but now with CAD and Modern Production methods it really is a kit of the past and a commodity on E bay. Here is s small lost of the CE short comings

• the chin pods,
  • Fin cap,
  • Mainlanding gear doors are the wrong shape,
  • the top wings do not fit and
  • the wing scribing is that of a thick wing, not a thin wing and wrong
  • Since the main gear doors are wrong, the speed brake spoiler between them and the front of the speed brake is wrong, and made of three parts. Ours is one part
  • The CE wheels are F-4J tamiya wheels are cast in resin with the center cut out to make them thin,
  • The speed brakes are tamiay kit speed brakes flattened and have the wrong internal detail
  • CE offers has no cockpit, two chin pods and on tail fin cap

Here is our F-4B/N Super Set for the F-4J Kits

DSCN4874_zpsay9wdm5s.jpg

And here is our F-4B/N Super Set for the C/D kit

The wing pylons some other parts didn't get the email for the picture so they are in separate photos, but they are included with launch rails and CLEAR landing gear door lights.

DSCN5436_zpsivachnb7.jpg

DSCN5456_zps0ijt1oih.jpg

And some cockpit shots:

Our kits come with a full cockpit and BOTH Mk5 and MK 7 seats. Our cockpits can be used as is, or use the Eduard interior sets as we recommend for the ultimate detailed cockpit. Our cockpit will fit with the Tamiya or our Resin IFF insert so that an open and detailed boom can be modeled without any modifications of “ Re engineering” as many of us are used to.

DSCN4893_zpszgysqjzh.jpg

DSCN4828_zpsthbmjjn5.jpg

The throttle even has the HOTAS controls and afterburner levers.

DSCN4838_zpsdnudi8yy.jpg

We give you fully detailed, easy to install wheel wells,,..

DSCN4848_zpsfpwtystu.jpg

The airframe list for the F-4J version is below. The C/D has the different parts that it needs to make a B, plus both come with the full cockpit. We also make outer pylons for the beast!

• Thin wing kit including the wheel wells, doors, etc to use with the Tamiya landing gear​
  • Plain ALQ-126, APR-24 snub nose, APR-30 ( the signature "B/N" )tail fin caps
  • Corrected USN Phantom ECS exhaust vents next to the front gear well - Pictures posted today on F-4B/N thread
  • Nose cone with IRST , APR-30 hook, Apr-25 Shoe Horn, ALQ-126
  • Early Tail cone/Parapack door with our RHAW antennas.
  • Complete exhaust trim with vent.
  • AN/ALQ-51/100 ECM small nodes ; AN/ALQ-126 ECM of 1 small, 3 large are included in the F-4J Tamiya kits
  • Instructions to remove the slat from the Elevators for modeling the early jets
  • GT Resin J-79 short exhaust
  • Complete instructions on which parts from the Tamiya kit to use to make the correct "B" or "N" already supplied in the "Tamiya F-4J" kit
  • Highly detailed resin landing gear wheels/tires, complete with Goodyear logo and sidewall details

Our kit allis the builder to build any F-4B or N version from very early until retirement. the Super set sells for $155, and while it is expensive, considering that you get a full cockpit, accurate modern manufactured parts that can be built, and flexibility of subject, I feel it is a great value...especially considering it is the same price as the CE kit when it was released 14 years ago with the Cockpit for the price of just their Air Frame Set. Please PM me here or on LSP with question.

Thanks to those here for their support and please fell free to contact me.

Gary

http://forum.largesc...hp?showforum=69

Edited by ghatherly

I should also add that we have complete line of Cockpits, Intakes, Exhausts for all of the Tamiya and Revell F-4 and RF-4 Phantoms in USAF trim , and we will have a F-4J cockpit and a F-4S Super Set this fall......with Zotz decals to go with from Eli.

Follow up on Facebook at model jet parts for updates!

Hi Gary, nice stuff. Can the B/N cockpit be sold separately?

I also could be interested in the G (full) conversion, but first I have to decide which kit start from (Revell F-4F or Tamiya F-4E)

regards.

Hi Gary, nice stuff. Can the B/N cockpit be sold separately?

I also could be interested in the G (full) conversion, but first I have to decide which kit start from (Revell F-4F or Tamiya F-4E)

regards.

Hi,

No, the B cockpit is not sold separately, Sorry. Tough choice for sure with the F-4G since was released by Revell. With our stuff added it is a very nice model, but you will need SAC landing gear as the kit legs are very weak, even for the kit built with no resin. We recently introduced a Belly strap, that all of the F-4G’s had fitted. Basically what you get with the Tamiya Super Set is our Slatted outer wing set and a Centerline fuel tank, which the reveal comes with. Please email you when you are ready and I will be glad to help you get what you need for your build. garyhatherly@gmail.com

Thanks

Gary