One of my good friends from college just graduated flight school with the Army and will be flying HH-60M medevac helo's. I was thinking about doing a replica of the HH-60M for her, but ran into a few questions. I've done a few searches and haven't come up with many answers.

So my question is, other than the FLIR and associated fairing on the nose and all the medical equipment, are there any major differences between the standard UH-60M and the HH-60M? Also, does anyone make a conversion kit to add the FLIR/fairing to the Academy kit? I looked on Cobra Company's site, but they all seem to be the MH-60 style nose, where the FLIR is under the nose, instead of in front of it.

This is what I'm looking to make: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234979646-sikorsky-uh-60-black-hawk/#entry1947905

Thanks!

Bizzah

The bulbous window in the sliding crew doors are one difference. As far as I know, that is the major difference between a standard Mike and the HH. Floyd Werner is going to be producing the platypus nose some time in the near future.

Aaron

Edited by strikeeagle801

6590868017_22e6423374_b.jpg

HH-60M:

- All M model upgrades (drooped tip rotor blades; reshaped step-sponsons under pilots' doors; square, folding stabilator; external rescue hoist (all present in the CC UH-60M upgrade set))

- Covered over gunners' / crew chief windows

- Platypus nose w/FLIR

- Bubble windows on cargo doors

- Internal litters and medical equipment for 6 patients that run along the long axis of the cabin

I would love to find the decals for the red and white crosses.

Werner's Wings Blackhawk - Workhorse of the Army decals (in 1/72, 1/48, and 1/35) have multiple options for MedEvac helos with full markings. He also has UH-60 Blackhawk Medevac Interior conversion sets in 1/48 and 1/35 that are very nice.

I used all the WW and a few CC sets when building my 1/35 UH-60A Medevac a while ago. The sets are awesome and can create a really nice model.

IMG_0154.jpg

More here.

Edited by HeavyArty

Here is some more on the interior layout. Six litter stackers in the front (where CC windows were) and two Crew Chief / Medic seats on the back wall. The new CC/medic seats are the safer crash seats seen in the Cobra Company set as well.

sikorsky05.jpg

IMG_0986-1.jpg

Evac1002.JPG

Edited by HeavyArty

I should have the Platypus noses shortly and be ready to send it out in about a week.

Of course I have the carousel as 35-08.

I have the decals as well for the HH-60M on my UH-60-Workhorse of the Army decal sheet. It has all the red crosses that you would need. Not all HH-60Ms have the bulged windows that depends on units.

For all the UH-60M conversion stuff you'll have to source from the Cobra Company.

Floyd

Of course I have the carousel as 35-08.

Floyd, recheck your six. The litter stackers are totally different in the HH-60M. There are actually two that conform to each side of the fuselage, as opposed to one down the middle. The litter trays are totally different on them as well. Time for Joe "Mother" Szczygielski to make up a few more master. :D

Edited by HeavyArty