Aires 1/72nd EA-6B cockpit set

Hi all,

Before I plunk down $30 for this Aires set, can anyone who has used it give me an opinion of it? I know that a lot of their products don't fit very well, but I know nothing of this specific set. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks! Fred K

Aires in 1/72: wonderful casting, pain to fit as usual (or so it seems).

This set is no exception I am afraid. You'll need a copious amount of sanding and dry fitting.

Still it's better than the Golden Dragon set...

I have it in the box, but I haven't tried to use it on a kit yet.

It looks beautiful though, amazing details and very complete. I'm sorry I can't help with the fit question though.

Cheers,

Hoops

HI,

If the EA-6B cockpits needs some work then I do wonder how bad is the fit for Fujimi Skyhawk's cockpit set

I am currently building a Fujimi A-4E and I just closed forward fuselage last week..

Aires resin inclusion is not that bad by the way. I mean I have seen worse : Harrier II for Hasegawa , F-16 for Hasegawa, F-100 for Esci come to mind.

I was fearing worse for the A-4 as it's such a tiny machine. Unless I am building experience there of course.

Of course there was a bit of filing, sanding, cutting resin chips but all went quite well.

Cheers

Eric B.

HI,

I am currently building a Fujimi A-4E and I just closed forward fuselage last week..

Aires resin inclusion is not that bad by the way. I mean I have seen worse : Harrier II for Hasegawa , F-16 for Hasegawa, F-100 for Esci come to mind.

I was fearing worse for the A-4 as it's such a tiny machine. Unless I am building experience there of course.

Of course there was a bit of filing, sanding, cutting resin chips but all went quite well.

Cheers

Eric B.

Thanks,have you cut the fuselage parts for the sidewalls too or left it as is?

Hi,

Thanks,have you cut the fuselage parts for the sidewalls too or left it as is?

Not sure I thoroughly understand you question but...

1/front fuselage halves were thinned a bit from the inside ( not that much though)

2/resin sidewalls were then cemented inside fuselage halves after a dryfit for testing

3/when ready all parts ie front fuselage parts (plus sidewalls already in place) and main cockpit were glued together..

I admit I was a bit surprised regarding my previous experiences.. I love the detail of these Aires cockpits but they are a pain to prepare for fitting : this time less than usual..

Cheers

Eric B.

I have just finished my EA-6B using this set, and found the detail very good indeed, and it did fit well after a bit of fettling.

Thanks for the input everyone! Fred.

Hi,

Not sure I thoroughly understand you question but...

1/front fuselage halves were thinned a bit from the inside ( not that much though)

2/resin sidewalls were then cemented inside fuselage halves after a dryfit for testing

3/when ready all parts ie front fuselage parts (plus sidewalls already in place) and main cockpit were glued together..

I admit I was a bit surprised regarding my previous experiences.. I love the detail of these Aires cockpits but they are a pain to prepare for fitting : this time less than usual..

Cheers

Eric B.

Yeah the sidewalls,instructions are not so clear like Eduard and it looked like that I had to cut the external wall and glue them in place,but if it's not needed then there are no problems,bought a second Skyhawk anyway just to avoid mishaps while fitting