Academy 1:48 F-4J on Sale

Els,

Thanks for the link and the heads-up. I don't know what is going on with this sale but I just ordered two of the kits and for some reason (Clean Sweep Sale?), I received an additional $8 discount on each kit!! My total prior to adding shipping costs was at $63 and change. that is less than $32 each. to me that is a steal!! Again Thanks!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Edited by SonyKen

...I don't know what is going on with this sale but I just ordered two of the kits and for some reason ((Clean Sweep Sale?), I received an additional $8 discount on each kit!!

Yep same here ($8 additional discount). Heck I planed on ordering some supplies later today but when I saw this thread I went ahead and ordered the Phantom along with the supplies. Seemed like too good a deal to pass up.

Regards,

Don.

Just my luck. I bought it from Sprue Brothers when it 1st came out at their discounted price. Sure looks like there will be even more F4 build blogs being posted sooner then later.

Joel

As per my usual past experiences when ordering from SprueBrothers...my order has already shipped :thumbsup:!

The normal price for these F-4's has been out of my price range thus far. So I am kind of excited to finally get my hands on one of these Phantoms :woot.gif:!

I'm a fan of Sprue Brothers - but you can get these pretty routinely on eBay shipped for free in the $39 to $42 range. I just bought the F-4J a couple of days before this was posted. So if you missed out - there's still good deals out there.

I'm a fan of Sprue Brothers - but you can get these pretty routinely on eBay shipped for free in the $39 to $42 range. I just bought the F-4J a couple of days before this was posted. So if you missed out - there's still good deals out there.

Yep; I got my 'J' for $34 shipped banana.gif.

Yep; I got my 'J' for $34 shipped banana.gif.

Curious, where did you get that from? Sounds like something some of us might want to check out.

Edit: I just noticed that it is no longer in stock at SB...all those ARC'ers gobbling them up no doubt :lol:!

Edited by Don

Curious, where did you get that from? Sounds like something some of us might want to check out.

It was a Korean business on eBay.

I just typed "1/48 Academy F-4J" in the eBay search bar. After the results came up I clicked 'price+shipping; lowest first.

The first model listed had the lowest total cost.

There was also the same model going for over $100 plus shipping at the other end of the list!

There's absolutely no rhyme or reason on model prices list on eBay.

Last Summer I bought a Hobby Boss 1/48th scale FB-111A from a Chinese business on eBay for $47 shipped. And that's a big and heavy box!

I have not bought from Sprue Brothers for awhile now since I live in Canada and when the USPS prices went up it really caused me a problem. As others have said I could not get in on this deal as the shipping made it more than what I could get it at from the far east sellers.

I love Sprue Brothers but now I cannot buy from them as the shipping kills it. I know it is not their fault and no ill will is held against them. When I see them at the Nationals I am able to attend I make sure and support them.

I have not bought from Sprue Brothers for awhile now since I live in Canada and when the USPS prices went up it really caused me a problem. As others have said I could not get in on this deal as the shipping made it more than what I could get it at from the far east sellers.

I love Sprue Brothers but now I cannot buy from them as the shipping kills it. I know it is not their fault and no ill will is held against them. When I see them at the Nationals I am able to attend I make sure and support them.

Ditto, I was a regular customer of theirs. I no longer can afford to buy from them, or any business in the US.

There are F-4Js selling for $29.99 on eBay from Asia. The shipping is much more affordable.

Recently I found the cheapest price for a 1/48 Hobby Boss A-7E at Sprue Brothers. But that value was murdered by the $42.00 US shipping charge (which in Canadian dollars is over $50.00 Cdn).

Ditto, I was a regular customer of theirs. I no longer can afford to buy from them, or any business in the US.

There are F-4Js selling for $29.99 on eBay from Asia. The shipping is much more affordable.

Recently I found the cheapest price for a 1/48 Hobby Boss A-7E at Sprue Brothers. But that value was murdered by the $42.00 US shipping charge (which in Canadian dollars is over $50.00 Cdn).

$42? Holy cow! So who's fault is it? Is the USPS or the Canadian postal service charging so much? Or is it UPS? I can't understand why it would cost that much to ship soemthing.

thats USPS Darren. I recently was looking at $8 to get a $11 decal sheet shipped to me. I cant justify spending that kind of markup on stuff from the U.S anymore.

$42? Holy cow! So who's fault is it? Is the USPS or the Canadian postal service charging so much? Or is it UPS? I can't understand why it would cost that much to ship soemthing.

No that price is all USPS. When you go to check out at Sprue Brothers the pull down menu for shipping gives you 1 or 2 options and the cheapest is the $42.

It is not only SB but Squadron has the same problems. It used to be a flat fee of $19 over a certain amount with Squadron. Now it is similar at around $42 so for me Squadron is out too.

If I do end up buying some stuff int he US I now have it shipped to my brother in Texas and then he reships. The last time I got something it was around $30 for a big box which had about 4 orders in it.

thats USPS Darren. I recently was looking at $8 to get a $11 decal sheet shipped to me. I cant justify spending that kind of markup on stuff from the U.S anymore.

Wow!

I bought five F-4 intake trunk lip color decal sheets from a local (Lower 48) business.

Cost to ship for all five sheets? $0.99.

So $8 is outrageous!