Elevator deflection not matching stick position

Greetings y'all!

While browsing the galleries for builds of Revell's current 109G-6 I came to wonder:

Most modern kits allow us to position rudder/ailerons/elevator in a deflected position.

But the control column in pretty much every build still points up straight from the cockpit floor.

With the elevator dropped, shouldn't the column lean towards the instrument panel?

Has anyone ever took care of this detail? Might be just a minor thing, but once you know it is blatantely obvious everytime you see it ;)

What is your opinion?

Greetings y'all!

While browsing the galleries for builds of Revell's current 109G-6 I came to wonder:

Most modern kits allow us to position rudder/ailerons/elevator in a deflected position.

But the control column in pretty much every build still points up straight from the cockpit floor.

With the elevator dropped, shouldn't the column lean towards the instrument panel?

Has anyone ever took care of this detail? Might be just a minor thing, but once you know it is blatantely obvious everytime you see it ;)/>

What is your opinion?

For aircraft in which the flight controls are mechanically connected to the stick and pedals you are correct. For aircraft with hydraulically actuated surfaces maybe not. For instance with the F-4 Phantom with the hydraulics not pressurized the stick was always straight up neutral no matter what the stabilator or aileron and spoiler positions were. Also the nose wheel steering was not mechanically connected to the rudder, so the position of one did not affect the other when no hydraulics were pressurized.

Chris,

You asked for opinions so here is my two cents. I don't know what scale the Revell kit is in but I would say that anything smaller than 1/32nd scale would be hard to model due to the fact that any defection of the stick and rudders pedals would be hard to even see much less to getting it right. I am sorry but I would put that sort of detail into the "rivet counting" category and if you are building for a contest. I would say that you would have to point that "added detail" on the contest entry form because having judged many contests before, I myself would not be looking that deep into those details.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)