Hello ARC,

I've been admiring the work of others here in the forums for a while, and thought it was time I finally shared something.

I finished this model about a year ago, but my photography skills are lacking... still not great, but improving (maybe!). The bulk of the kit is the Revell F-15E, but it has the single-seat spine and canopy from the Hasegawa F-15C kit, as well as the horizontal stabs, landing gear, and some other odds and ends. The other changes required to make a proper light grey Eagle seem pretty well documented, so I won't go into that again--but hopefully I caught most of them in my build. Here are the highlights for the model:

- The cockpit is half Aires/half scratchbuilt with some Verlinden and Eduard photoetched pieces here and there.

- The burner cans are modified Aires pieces.

- The AIM-120Cs are from Brassin w/TwoBobs decals; The AIM-9Xs are from Hasegawa w/decals from Afterburner

- The M61 gun is from my spares box (Verlinden perhaps)and the barrels, which you can't see, are from Master. The ammo drum and feed mechanism are scratchbuilt.

- The model is painted with Model Master Enamels for the camouflage and Alclad 2 for the NMF areas around the engine bays.

- Decals are from Twobobs.

I hope you like my model!

DSC_0019%202.jpg

DSC_0022%202.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

Edited by TBP1538

Excellent build at all.

Do you have WIP topic?

Thanks Polar Bear! I do not have a WIP thread, but I do have some (poor quality) photos I snapped during construction. Is there a particular part of the build you're interested in?

Wow!! That's very inspiring! Like it in every aspect! :woot.gif:/>

A few days ago I made the first cuts on my Revell and Hasegawa kits!

Well, an other never ending story..... :crying2:/>

Best regards,

Jens

Thank you Jens! The conversion isn't too bad once you get started, and I think worth the effort. I'm happy to share my lessons learned if you're interested.

Thank you Jens! The conversion isn't too bad once you get started, and I think worth the effort. I'm happy to share my lessons learned if you're interested.

Thanks for the encouragement and your help offer!

I followed the conversion "Cliff C" did here a few years back. I think I have all the informations for doing that conversion?!

It's actually not that difficult! If I need further informations I feel free to contact you.

My "never ending story"-comment was related to the fact that I always start new models, get lost in the "advanced modeller syndrome" and never finish a model.....since 2007.... :wacko:

Thanks again and best regards,

Jens

Thanks Polar Bear! I do not have a WIP thread, but I do have some (poor quality) photos I snapped during construction. Is there a particular part of the build you're interested in?

Yes, I am interesting in cockpit and front fuselage-spine junction.

Thanks.