Someone forgot to study physics

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I just saw this and my brain melted. Some of these maneuvers are just awe inspiring. This Konstantin Khmelik has lots more vids on YouTube. The Su-35 ones are just phenomenonal. Enjoy.

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

At the beginning of the video, I'm curious as to "stadium cover" structure in the distant background, and what appears to be a Buran shuttle mock-up at the airfield (last I heard the Buran was destroyed by a hangar collapse in 2002, though about ten test vehicles/mock-ups were built).

That's a great video, and I love how it's very nice HD quality with a lot of nice close-ups. The T-50 looks to be a very maneuverable airframe, and a very nice looking plane, too. It's amazing what aircraft can do these days - the F-22 demos I've seen are very similar. The T-50 did one or two maneuvers there that I haven't seen an F-22 do, and vice-versa, but who's to say they couldn't both do them.

Very cool video.

I've seen pictures of it, but never really got the sensation of just how big it is. It sure "looks" big.

Also, I'm sure someone here is a PAK-FA expert, so I'll ask: are the weapons for this aircraft going to be carried externally? The reason I ask is that the video in the OP's link gave some very good straight on shots and the aircraft appears to be remarkably thin.....leading me to believe the ordnance will mainly be carried externally.

Very cool video.

I've seen pictures of it, but never really got the sensation of just how big it is. It sure "looks" big.

Also, I'm sure someone here is a PAK-FA expert, so I'll ask: are the weapons for this aircraft going to be carried externally? The reason I ask is that the video in the OP's link gave some very good straight on shots and the aircraft appears to be remarkably thin.....leading me to believe the ordnance will mainly be carried externally.

Not an expert, but I've seen pics showing open weapons bays between the nacelles.

At the beginning of the video, I'm curious as to "stadium cover" structure in the distant background, and what appears to be a Buran shuttle mock-up at the airfield (last I heard the Buran was destroyed by a hangar collapse in 2002, though about ten test vehicles/mock-ups were built).

According to Wikipedia, that shuttle is OK-1K2 "Baikal", not completed

It also states OK-1K1 "Buran" was destroyed in the 2002 roof collapse

Edited by variable

Very cool video.

Just a tad smaller than a Flanker (which is a big fighter in my book).

That particular frame is "2.01" which was supposed to be a third flying frame, little bit more info here.

More pictures here.

Very cool video.

T-50 is slightly smaller than Su-27 and slightly larger than F-22.

Most of the weapons will be carried inside. There are four weaponbays, two of which are fairly large. The smaller two will only carry one short range missile each. It will also have 6 external hardpoints. Here is a good picture of T-50-4 showing the weaponbays and 4 external points being used (the last two are under the intakes);

155952.jpg

Not an expert, but I've seen pics showing open weapons bays between the nacelles.

Then you have seen pictures that no one else has seen, outside of Sukhoi. ;) 5 years on, and there isnt a single picture of T-50's weaponbays open. Well, the closest thing is pictures of Su-47 with open weaponbay which was modified to test T-50's weaponbay before T-50 ever flew.

Weapons bay images:

T-50-PAK-FA-Fifth-Generation-Fighter-Air

http://www.vostokstation.com.au/aircraft/images/PAK-FA_F22_Weapons_AA.jpg

Haven't seen any images for open shoulder bays.

The first image is a very old Chinese CGI. There are no pictures of T-50's weaponbay outside of the one tested on Su-47.

Edited by Berkut

Then you have seen pictures that no one else has seen, outside of Sukhoi. wink.gif 5 years on, and there isnt a single picture of T-50's weaponbays open. Well, the closest thing is pictures of Su-47 with open weaponbay which was modified to test T-50's weaponbay before T-50 ever flew.

The first image is a very old Chinese CGI. There are no pictures of T-50's weaponbay outside of the one tested on Su-47.

The first image is the one I saw, like I said, not an expert.

T-50 is slightly smaller than Su-27 and slightly larger than F-22.

That depends on how you measure the size. On the main dimensions, namely wingspan and length, the T-50 is smaller than the Su-27. However, it is more "compact". The wing area of the T-50 is significantly larger than the Su-27 (approximately 79 m^2 vs 62 m^2), which also results in the T-50 having a higher empty weight and maximum weight than the Su-27. Of course it also has more powerful engines.

Regardless of the numbers, having had the priviledge of seeing it in flight and doing its thing, the T-50 has a massive "presense" in flight. It is spectacular to see being put through its paces (and so are all the variations of the Su-27 for that matter). The videos, although very good, still don't quite do it justice.