OH-58D Kiowa Warrior 1/35 Scale

I must say that cockpit looks pretty sharp.

Nicely done.

I was looking at your tarmac, may I make a suggestion to you, I would do a shading border(black) all around the outside of the base to bring everything in to the eye..

It is only a suggestion.

Your building skills are improving at each posts.

Oliver

I must say that cockpit looks pretty sharp.

Nicely done.

I was looking at your tarmac, may I make a suggestion to you, I would do a shading border(black) all around the outside of the base to bring everything in to the eye..

It is only a suggestion.

Your building skills are improving at each posts.

Oliver

I will do that Oliver, thank you for the suggestion.

Richard

Nice job

do you use a macro lens for your camera ? You take great photo on close ups

Rick

I dont have a macro lens for my camera yet. If I want close up pictures, I use my camera on my phone and that is the samsung note 4. It really takes great pictures.

Richard

Amazing job Richard! every update is a nice advance on your Kiowa, it's gonna be a killer!!

Thanks kike. All of your guys support will help me with this kit...lol.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Well as you guys can see...I lost my MOJO with this build. If I had everything to start my MH-60S build, I would have put this kit on hold...but I do not.

SO....I started the construction again. This time I started the main rotor and its parts:

48e69400-6581-4c8f-bbf1-477ecac65666_zpsu7ejd32s.jpg

After painting the parts with Flat Black, I then started dry brushing the parts with white:

20150710_083139_zpsxsb69wdp.jpg

20150710_083149_zps67hnrcvj.jpg

Then I started to put the main rotor part together:

20150712_131027_zpssslnsurj.jpg

I am still not done with the main rotor parts.

I started the main rotor assembly and put it together on the roof:

20150710_074517_zpswdxggmv9.jpg

And now the main rotor parts are together (not all of them) next to the part that the main rotor will connect to:

20150712_131314_zpse977fff6.jpg

That is all that I have done so far.....I have to get my MOJO BACK!

Richard

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not trying to hijack your thread, but your's and Eastern's Delta's look GREAT!!Excellent work and detail!

I built this kit back in 2010 and finished it mid-2011. I didn't put near the detail you guy's are doing on your builds. I was working at Bell Helicopter when the, now short lived, AC2D program kicked off and I was inspired to build on of my own.

This is actually the second one of these I have built. The first one I did was a real learning experience. One my first build, I had problems getting the the horizontal deck correctly. As you know, the cockpit, the aft cabin and the horizontal deck build up together and then fit in the fuselage. Getting all this right is important.

I learned from the first attempt, the fit of the interior is so good, you don’t have to glue it in place. Let it float and it will find itself fitting in perfectly.

Here are some pics of my build, totally OOB (minus the MMS). I didn't do the aft cabin near enough justice... I did use Zactomodels, mastered by Eastern, aftermarket MMS. It is a must on this kit.

OH-58D_1_zps07abeczr.jpg

OH-58D_3_zpszbulvphf.jpg

OH-58D_2_zpsmftaacis.jpg

OH-58D_4_zpsmgokbhot.jpg

OH-58D_5_zpslotc6cuh.jpg