Revell B-1B back in catalogue

It would have been nice if they would have at least included the featherless exhausts that have been around since forever and are needed to go with their updated decals. Unfortunately the OOP CE exhausts will continue to cost more than the kit...

Since the kit is being released again and with the CE featherless exhausts being difficult to find and expensive perhaps there's an opportunity for someone/some company to produce their own AM exhausts. Odds are they could prove to be a hot commodity.

Regards,

Don.

there's an opportunity for someone/some company to produce their own AM exhausts.

There is indeed. ;)

Personally, I'd like to see a set of *feathered* exhausts. The kit items look nothing like the production engines, so if you want to build a lizard-scheme jet with cruise missiles, you're still out of luck. :(

At one time I actually had two of these beasts, yeah I know silly, silly :) The thing was I could not pass up the deal. The hobby store wanted $30 CDN for the kit since someone returned it because it had a crack on the top fuselage piece. Really??? A bit of liquid glue and I was good to go. Anyway, I eventually got rid of that one since I figured I would never build two of these things as they are soooo big. Still a great looking kit when done. Seen a few of these built up at shows and they are impressive.

As for the CE engines, I have read that they are a bit undersized? Not even sure how they fit too. Will have to go read some reviews. I still see them every so often on ebay so they are out there.

Hi,

Let's hope Revell will update the boxart too... it shows a 3 tones camo while the decals are for Gunship grey birds.

As for the featherless exhausts, you can deal with the eduard PE set.

Romain

I'll have to think about it. I had one probably close to 20 years ago, that never got completely built. I started on it, and then for some reason I stopped and never finished it, and it apparently got thrown away or something, I can't remember.

I'll have to pick one up....heaven forbid if Hobby Lobby gets them.

Yep, I will have a 40% coupon with its name on it if that's the case ;) .

Wow; I didn't know it was OOP blink.gif

I bought mine just a year ago from my LHS.

It just so happens that I have mine taped and rubber band together (Except for the engine nacelles) and sitting next to my desk biggrin.gif .

If only Tamiya would do their version of it in 1/48th scale.

I was bidding on Shull goodies for it on eBay awhile ago but was outbid. I hope he opens his shop again soon.

It would have been nice if they would have at least included the featherless exhausts that have been around since forever and are needed to go with their updated decals.

I agree but, it probably has to do with keeping the price reasonable.

DACO did a nice detail book on the "bone" . We should persuade him to do a injected plastic detail set for this kit (exhausts, ecm blister, towed decoy, sniper pod, current weapons)like he did for the F-104...... :rolleyes:/> :rolleyes:/> :rolleyes:/>

Since the kit is being released again and with the CE featherless exhausts being difficult to find and expensive perhaps there's an opportunity for someone/some company to produce their own AM exhausts. Odds are they could prove to be a hot commodity.

Regards,

Don.

I've got a set of the Cutting Edge 1/48 scale B-1B exhausts I will probably never use. I've thought about selling them on e-bay, but I've never dealt with e-bay before. Anybody know what a fair price to expect for the exhausts might be? Maybe someone here might want them and I can avoid e-bay. I don't want to gouge anyone, but neither do I want to rip myself off.

Scott W.