Trumpeter decal quality

Hi all,

I'm contemplating starting a Trumpeter 32nd F/A-18F kit, and am wondering how the kit supplied decals lay down. Can anyone that has used them please give their opinion? Also, any idea on the accuracy of the supplied markings? Thanks in advance ;0) Fred K.

I've always been pleasantly surprised at the physical quality of their decals, they are relatively thin and lay down pretty well. They reacte very nicely with microsol.

That said they do have issues when it comes to accuracy in stencils most of them are just gibberish.

I have always had really good experiences with their decals. Very thin and lay down well with a single application of solvaset. The colors they choose are a different story sometimes and WWII U.S. insignias can be way off.

Well Fred, they have looked nice on the sheet but as stated above they are usually a train wreck when it comes to even basic accuracy. Look to see if any of the blues on the high vis schemes are actually insignia blue or if they made them a much lighter shade.

If you can find aftermarket Bounty Hunter decals (that's my second hint) I would just buy them and play it safe.