The spine is to shallow.

Indeed, not enough height and partly as the result it ends too soon.

Been following your thread since day 1 and i am very impressed just how incredibly quick you are building John. And with quality too. Decided on the markings?

Not as quick as it seems, migrated this one over too. Coming along at a good clip now. It is going to be a white Bort number maybe 11 or another code from the Authentic sheet. I want the newer Russian stars with the blue in them and the new Cyrillic Registration. I have the Begemot sheets and think I found my example on Airliners,net. Still waiting on Begemot stencils, hope to have them before I get to that point. I know the spine is not quite right, but can live with that. It does not distract as much as the radome/ windscreen and tail section. It was just calling me to be built!😄

Indeed, not enough height and partly as the result it ends too soon.

Been following your thread since day 1 and i am very impressed just how incredibly quick you are building John. And with quality too. Decided on the markings?

Can you point me to some accurate drawings ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finished a few things and ready to get back to work. All the work in the main gear wells done in vain. Fencers on the apron only have one narrow gear door open (At least most pictures show this). Glossed up and many markings to apply. Tedious work ahead.

John

IMG_3520_zpsqdl3br3g.jpg

IMG_3521_zpsbhinkqb3.jpg

IMG_3522_zpsgqc96pal.jpg

Wow! Really impressive! Sorry if you mentioned this already but where did you find all the aftermarket resin bits for this kit? I've always wanted to have a Fencer in the collection and your work is inspiring me to get one.

Rob

Thanks for the encouragement, Linden Hill has the Komplect Zip line for the resin correction sets. Aires does the cockpit & wheel wells. Linden Hill carries Begemot decals if you want some other Russian markings. Be quick for Begemot or Authentic decals, getting harder to source in the USA. Begemot decals are very good to apply, they work great with the Microscale Set & Sol solutions. Authentic are a little tricker but not bad, Solveset in place of Sol.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest, after 250+ decals (stencils) included, washes, powders and sealers. Lots of fiddly items and small paint details to go and then the Master Details static dischargers, (They are tiny) well I like the Trumpy Fencer even with corrected discrepancies, it is better than no Fencer.

John

IMG_3527_zpseytluldq.jpg

IMG_3524_zpsghndjatz.jpg

IMG_3525_zps3ndypm1x.jpg

IMG_6754_zpslw0fylpw.jpg

IMG_6744_zpstgqd91i7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...