Color opinions on B&W photo

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of building a 1/48 A-20 Havoc (great kit!!). I'm building it up as the "Green Hornet." My decal instructions as well as side profiles call for a black prop hub as well as a black spinner. Here is an Example. Everyone who uses these decals in a build seem to paint the black. However, I found photo evidence that the spinner was not black. Check out this Photo of green hornet

Black hub? Sure, but no way on the spinner.

What color would you guess? I'm leaning towards the blue that is also on the tail and nose. What do you think?

Edited by mynameismatt

One thing you have to realize is that the prop dome (not spinner) is a replaceable item and is not a part of the prop from cradle to grave. It's quite possible to have several different prop domes on a particular prop assembly if there was damage or supply issues. Just go with what you see in photos and not in artist renderings.

Cheers,

John

John,Thanks for the info - that seems to make sense. So this lighter color dome could possibly be a replacement. That makes sense - This photo from the same squadron seems to have a black domes:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/675BombSqCombatCrews.PNG

So I guess the question is should I paint it black or take a crazy guess at what it is in the green hornet photo? Maybe white? Yellow? Maybe there is now way of really knowing?

• 2 weeks later...