Hello all,

I just bought the latest Wild Weasel by Revell and I would like to know where I can get the outboard pylons so I can do the quad HARM load out. If anyone has any not used on their big Tamiya kits, I will buy or trade for them. Thank you.

Pat Green,

if memory serves me correctly, the Tamiya kit does not include the external underwing pylons for weapons. KMC (OOP) and GT resin ones are the only game in town.

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=11071

The problem being that the USN & USAF had different solutions for the outboard pylon issue. The Navy pylon is the what's available above. It was an adapter bolted onto the original fuel tank pylon. The USAF pylon was a purpose-built affair with a flat bottom. The only ones I know of in 1:32 scale were in the KMC 32003 set.

Thanks guys, I am going to hold off and see if anyone jumps on the aftermarket wagon and makes them because I think that is going to be a popular request. I am going to get some photos a d may attempt scratch building them. Thanks again for the inputs.

The problem being that the USN & USAF had different solutions for the outboard pylon issue. The Navy pylon is the what's available above. It was an adapter bolted onto the original fuel tank pylon. The USAF pylon was a purpose-built affair with a flat bottom. The only ones I know of in 1:32 scale were in the KMC 32003 set.

I don't know about the Navy outboard weapons pylons, but the USAF pylons were slanted out to give the weapons more clearance from the main landing gear, whereas the pylons for the 370s were vertical, perpendicular to the wing.

Thanks guys, I am going to hold off and see if anyone jumps on the aftermarket wagon and makes them because I think that is going to be a popular request. I am going to get some photos a d may attempt scratch building them. Thanks again for the inputs.

They are made. GT Resin does both the USN and USAF outer pylons - I have the latter. The post just linked you to the wrong ones, that's all.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=53263

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by Tom