Aparently, 2015 is the year I'm going to realise a lot of my modeling dreams. Finally, after 18 - 19 months or so I have an Su-34 on my shelf :) All thanks to Shelf Queens GB here on ARC!

It's Italeri's 1/72 scale model, with Pavla resin cockpit and Authentic Decals. I've painted my model with a dedicated AKAN paint set, with two darker colours lightened a bit with white. Initially, it was supposed to be my first real case of AMS modeling but it didn't work out that way ;)

I did some detailing on the inside and outside, as You can check out in my WIP.

DSCN4383.JPG

I really like the lines of this jet. Missiles and their launchers came from ICM AA weapon set. I did modify the pylons a bit to more accurately represent the newer style of pylons.

DSCN4388.JPG

That fuel tank comes from Dragon Su-24. I've had to modify its tail a bit to fit between engine nacelles.

DSCN4393.JPG

That ladder was quite annoing to build, but it's one of my favourite parts of the model. It's entirely scratch built :)

DSCN4401.JPG

Those intake covers aren't the best, but at least they hide the empty intakes.

DSCN4407.JPG

Authentic Decals didn't dissapoint me - they required additional decal film. Otherwise they broke apart, at leas those black ones. Neither the stars nor yellow warning decals wanted to conform to the surface. Acrylic floor wash helped a lot in forcing them to conform :)

DSCN4412.JPG

Looking at pictures on Airliners.net I've noticed that Red 04 had pretty much no stencils at all! So I omitted them - You can't imagine how relieved I was ;)

DSCN4432.JPG

DSCN4442.JPG

You can hardly see anything inside, let alone the part behind the cockpit that I built.

DSCN4451.JPG

I'm super happy how the camouflage came out.

DSCN4451.JPG

Front fuselage panel lines were pretty much fictional. I've had to scribe some new ones. Not my best skill unfortunatly.

So... It's time to build an Su-24 to go along. I have an Revell Su-24M in my stash, but I guess I'll wait for Trumpeter to release theirs.

Thanks for stoppig by and checking out my Su-34 :) :cheers:

I know next to nothing about Russian aircraft, but from a modelers point of view, your 1/72 SU-34 is really a rock solid build. Just an outstanding camo paint scheme that certainly captures one's eye. My only suggestion would be next time to use a wider back drop for your photos.

Joel