CD48135 - RAAF F-18 Hornet - Part 1

CD48135 will be the first RAAF legacy Hornet sheet from Caracal Models, to be released . Expect a similar level of detail and coverage as the best-selling Mirage IIIO sheets.

Edited by KursadA
  • 4 months later...

Kursad....not sure if the artwork is finished or still being finalised, but I have a bunch of photos of Aussie Hornets that I took at Maple Flag, just a couple of weeks ago.  If you could use any, I'll send them your way.

• 3 months later...

After a loong delay (due to some new special schemes appearing), I have started finalizing the layout and subject selection of this sheet and will start posting profiles soon. I think you will like the subject selection, with many special schemes and regular line jets. It looks like I have material for at least two sheets, although I doubt I will be doing more than two.

I will be doing a separate sheet of Aussie Super Hornets as well. 

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 12:27 PM, Niels said:

Any teasers please 😋

Patience Padwan, our master is working hard 😀

Seriously though Kursad will probably show some stuff later. To be honest if he does not it gives me a chance to not get too excited and yet add another sheet to my get list 🤣

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Not going to lie, perfect time for these to come out... While the retirement of the Hornet is weighing heavy in our hearts, I think many are pushing RAAF Hornets to the top of the build pile, but with very limited to no decal options available.

I think you'll find these will sell out pretty quick, I surely will be buying more than one!

1 hour ago, Keroburner89 said:

Not going to lie, perfect time for these to come out... While the retirement of the Hornet is weighing heavy in our hearts, I think many are pushing RAAF Hornets to the top of the build pile, but with very limited to no decal options available.

I think you'll find these will sell out pretty quick, I surely will be buying more than one!

I want to release these soon, but I can’t even ship to Australia or NZ at the moment due to COVID restrictions. And I have no reseller in Australia at this time, so it will be hard to recoup the initial costs. Let’s wait a little longer.

16 hours ago, KursadA said:

I want to release these soon, but I can’t even ship to Australia or NZ at the moment due to COVID restrictions. And I have no reseller in Australia at this time, so it will be hard to recoup the initial costs. Let’s wait a little longer.

Oh that's a shame re: covid/postage, can understand it's a big outlay having sheets printed. Fingers crossed that changes soon. Cheers 👍 

Edited by Keroburner89
  • 10 months later...