ARC Discussion Forums
Jennings

AMK 1/48 F-14!!!

if they're doing it the same way they are doing with the MiG-31... it promise to be exciting... and a long time till "kit in my hands" situation... but a well engineered tomcat in 1/48 worth the wait... maybe my first Tomcat in decades... (but only after a few Foxhounds!w00t.gif)

They really want to get things right. It's a pleasure working with companies that are committed to putting out the best possible product.

I firmly believe, after building AMK kits and interacting with them, they will be the best kit manufacturers out there. If you asked me to pick a company to design a Falcon 20 kit (PLEASE!) I would presently choose AMK before i chose Tamiya.

Good news! So I better keep my Afterburner decals for the Tomcat a while...

Yeeaaahh!! Wich version, A, B or D?? Doesn´t matter, one of each!!

I.Martin

Yeeaaahh!! Wich version, A, B or D??

The answer is "yes"!

The answer is "yes"!

The deeper question is which block F-14A? A Block 70 with the early boat tail would be great.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that, but anything is possible. Not a mind-bindingly difficult conversion from a Block 95 in any event.

This is all too good to be true. I really do appreciate AMK's efforts to bring us high quality and accurate model kits. I would like to make a suggestion to AMK in regards to their F-14 project, if it's feasible of course. Concerning the wings, you could make one set with the flap's and slat's closed up for those that wish to have the wing's in the swept back position, and a set of wing's with the flap's, slat's and spoiler's as separate piece's. So those people that would like to have the wing's in the swept open position can do so.

I agree. Not sure it's feasible from a cost standpoint, but certainly worthy of consideration. It would definitely bump the kit up a notch in value to a lot of modelers!

Shall we go ahead and give it the usual welcome?

The nose is wrong. The panel lines are fictitious. The canopy's squashed. The vertical stabs are too short because they measured them from a side view. Kitting full engines is stupid when there are no full-run intakes. Open equipment/gun bays is so... 1980s. The ordnance is misshapen lumps. And the yaw string points the wrong way. It's crap. Move along. Nothing to see here. Whew, thank goodness that's out of the way. :rolleyes:

seems like the first time you read comments in a thread related to Avantgarde Model Kits.

...not like those thread related to model companies that pooch inaccurate, badly engineered turd, one after the other, and ask you a leg and a arm for (while being encouraged to praise the lord (and those said companies) for giving us the luck of seeing new kits, in those "end-of-the-hobby" times...)

...mostly because AMK didn't act like those mentioned companies... and hope they will never!

take the time to make things right, correct what could be wrong... Kudos to AMK!..

Edited by mingwin

Thank you Avantgarde Model :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

So glad it's not Kitty hawk or kinetic.

Both of the AMK kits I have in my possession have nearly flawless fit and superb engineering. Their panel line detail is a *bit* coarser than some, but that's something I'm sure they can work on (contrary to popular belief it's not a button on a computer). Otherwise there's very little to fault them on.

Jennings,I did mention the panel line's on their Facebook page concerning the MiG-31.

The pics of the Foxhoud pieces look very good.

That's not AMK, it's Kinetic. Unrelated companies.

I think so. Rumors is all they were.

So did all the rumors of a Tamiya F-14 completely die?

In Japan is still strong the rumor about Tamiya's new 1/48 F-14.