if they're doing it the same way they are doing with the MiG-31... it promise to be exciting... and a long time till "kit in my hands" situation... but a well engineered tomcat in 1/48 worth the wait... maybe my first Tomcat in decades... (but only after a few Foxhounds!w00t.gif)

I firmly believe, after building AMK kits and interacting with them, they will be the best kit manufacturers out there. If you asked me to pick a company to design a Falcon 20 kit (PLEASE!) I would presently choose AMK before i chose Tamiya.

This is all too good to be true. I really do appreciate AMK's efforts to bring us high quality and accurate model kits. I would like to make a suggestion to AMK in regards to their F-14 project, if it's feasible of course. Concerning the wings, you could make one set with the flap's and slat's closed up for those that wish to have the wing's in the swept back position, and a set of wing's with the flap's, slat's and spoiler's as separate piece's. So those people that would like to have the wing's in the swept open position can do so.

I agree. Not sure it's feasible from a cost standpoint, but certainly worthy of consideration. It would definitely bump the kit up a notch in value to a lot of modelers!

seems like the first time you read comments in a thread related to Avantgarde Model Kits.

...not like those thread related to model companies that pooch inaccurate, badly engineered turd, one after the other, and ask you a leg and a arm for (while being encouraged to praise the lord (and those said companies) for giving us the luck of seeing new kits, in those "end-of-the-hobby" times...)

...mostly because AMK didn't act like those mentioned companies... and hope they will never!

take the time to make things right, correct what could be wrong... Kudos to AMK!..

Edited by mingwin

Both of the AMK kits I have in my possession have nearly flawless fit and superb engineering. Their panel line detail is a *bit* coarser than some, but that's something I'm sure they can work on (contrary to popular belief it's not a button on a computer). Otherwise there's very little to fault them on.

Otherwise there's very little to fault them on.

Well the Kfir and Magister have some accuracy issues but still the kits are great. I'm confident that accuracy will be better in incoming kits.

More Tomcats is always a good thing! specially in 1/48 :)

If the AMK is better than the HobbyBoss will be great, if it's better than Hasegawa's, even better. I'm hoping that Fine Molds upscale their new 1/72 tooling to 1/48, it 's a great model kit. If Tamiya would release a new 1/48 Tomcat, would be paradise for F-14 modelers!!!