Is there going to be a magazine issue with useful walk-arounds and history of F-14 with this new Kit?

If you want a good reference check out the DACO book. If you want lots of marking pictures, Detail & Scale has a new e-book out that includes hundreds of pics for only $10.

Excelent, I hope the best TOMCAT 1/48 out there... Hasegawa is the best at this time, and Hobby Boss is the worst... :woot.gif:/>/>

Tamiya, Kinetic... :woot.gif:/>/>

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you Manuel. I know you are passionate about the Tomcat, as am I. However, the Hobby Boss kit is far from the worst. I did a review of every Tomcat in 1/48 scale. Here is the ranking I came up with based upon accuracy, ease of construction, and overall build quality.

From last to first:

7. old Revell (not the Monogram kit)

6. Fujimi

5. Italeri

4. Academy

3. Monogram

2. Hobby Boss

1. Hasegawa

Hopefully the new kit will bump everything down one notch.

Edited by Darren Roberts

I don't speak for AMK, but I'm fairly certain that since Kinetic is showing test shots they're not likely to proceed any further than they have. They have several unannounced projects underway that are not duplicates of anything anyone else has announced.

I don't speak for AMK, but I'm fairly certain that since Kinetic is showing test shots they're not likely to proceed any further than they have. They have several unannounced projects underway that are not duplicates of anything anyone else has announced.

Kinetic is showing test shots of what exactly?

Hang on...

Anybody really check their FB page? All they did was update their cover photo. As to announcing a new tool F-14?

My copy paste:

Brad Sinacore AMK, it's safe to assume that you're going through with the F-14 project ?

Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 11:02am

Avantgarde Model Kits what do you mean? smile emoticon smile emoticon

Reads like a pock tease if you ask me...

If I were a model manufacturing company, I wouldn't put a picture of an F-14 up on my facebook page unless I was going to

tool one. Just my humble opinion.

Brad Sinacore

Edited by B.Sin

Anybody really check their FB page? All they did was update their cover photo. As to announcing a new tool F-14?

Yes, that's what it means. At least according to AMK.

What I saw on Facebook sure looked like a built up, but now I look again, it's a CAD. In any event, it's a complete 3D model, which is much more than anyone else has done, so a duplicate effort would be pointless.

if they're doing it the same way they are doing with the MiG-31... it promise to be exciting... and a long time till "kit in my hands" situation... but a well engineered tomcat in 1/48 worth the wait... maybe my first Tomcat in decades... (but only after a few Foxhounds!w00t.gif)

Yes!

If I were a model manufacturing company, I wouldn't put a picture of an F-14 up on my facebook page unless I was going to

tool one. Just my humble opinion.

Brad Sinacore

Ohoh! I know you now......... haha. Yes!

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you Manuel. I know you are passionate about the Tomcat, as am I. However, the Hobby Boss kit is far from the worst. I did a review of every Tomcat in 1/48 scale. Here is the ranking I came up with based upon accuracy, ease of construction, and overall build quality.

From last to first:

7. old Revell (not the Monogram kit)

6. Fujimi

5. Italeri

4. Academy

3. Monogram

2. Hobby Boss

1. Hasegawa

Hopefully the new kit will bump everything down one notch.

Hobby boss is the worst...

Wrong shape, inaccuracy weapons, rivets and rivets wrong rivets... and is the last tooling kit. They had the chance to do the best tomcat and they wasted, so for me the worst Tomcat...

:whistle:

I agree with Manuel, it is not possible that the HobbyBoss kit have problems of shape being the newest tooling.

I know it's on a different scale but watching the videos in www.hlj.com (http://www.hobbylink.tv/boss-builds-model-graphixfine-molds-f14d-collaboration-part-1), the best F-14 kit at any scale is the 1/72 FineMolds.

Feature list is almost identical to the Hobby Boss, but with the correct shape. It's better than the Hasegawa because it's much easier to assemble,almost the same featrures and the level of detail is equal or better than any of the 1/48. Tomcats in 1/32 do not improve the situation, the Trumpeter has the same problems as the Hobby Boss and Tamiya is a very old mold, Revell meh !!

So right now the best Tomcat (MHO) in any scale is the Fine Molds 1/72 F-14D, I hope that AMK improve the 1/48 Tomcat situation the way Fine Molds improve the 1/72.

Edited by joscasle

I agree with Manuel, it is not possible that the HobbyBoss kit have problems of shape being the newest tooling.

I know it's on a different scale but watching the videos in www.hlj.com (http://www.hobbylink.tv/boss-builds-model-graphixfine-molds-f14d-collaboration-part-1), the best F-14 kit at any scale is the 1/72 FineMolds.

Feature list is almost identical to the Hobby Boss, but with the correct shape. It's better than the Hasegawa because it's much easier to assemble,almost the same featrures and the level of detail is equal or better than any of the 1/48. Tomcats in 1/32 do not improve the situation, the Trumpeter has the same problems as the Hobby Boss and Tamiya is a very old mold, Revell meh !!

So right now the best Tomcat (MHO) in any scale is the Fine Molds 1/72 F-14D, I hope that AMK improve the 1/48 Tomcat situation the way Fine Molds improve the 1/72.

until the Fine Molds kit becomes real, the Fujimi is still the best by a wide margin. Comparing the Fujimi kit to the Hobby Boss will tell you another story. The errors are mainly in the details of the openings and not the shape so much. I've done my comparisons side by side with several brands.

gary

This is all too good to be true. I really do appreciate AMK's efforts to bring us high quality and accurate model kits. I would like to make a suggestion to AMK in regards to their F-14 project, if it's feasible of course. Concerning the wings, you could make one set with the flap's and slat's closed up for those that wish to have the wing's in the swept back position, and a set of wing's with the flap's, slat's and spoiler's as separate piece's. So those people that would like to have the wing's in the swept open position can do so.

What about one set of wings, with the option of retracted or deployed flaps, Slats, spoilers?

Brad

Building them with everything retracted could well be a real pain if they're done to scale. Two sets would make things much cleaner and simpler. Perhaps it could be two separate boxings?

until the Fine Molds kit becomes real, the Fujimi is still the best by a wide margin. Comparing the Fujimi kit to the Hobby Boss will tell you another story. The errors are mainly in the details of the openings and not the shape so much. I've done my comparisons side by side with several brands.

gary

The Fine Molds kit it's real. The second issue of Model Graphix is out today!!

Edited by joscasle