Awright! I'be been collecting a load of Fightertown and Furball F-14 decals awaiting the arrival of this kit (these kits?). I hope they branch out and do early versions, and maybe have options to include or omit the dialectric panels from the boat tail.

Do they have a history of including crew figures with their kits? Or am I going to have to stock up on Hasegawa Navy pilot and deck crew sets?

Hobby boss is the worst...

Wrong shape, inaccuracy weapons, rivets and rivets wrong rivets... and is the last tooling kit. They had the chance to do the best tomcat and they wasted, so for me the worst Tomcat...

:whistle:/>/>

Lol you are kidding right?

Can someone please identify these for me it's so mis-sharpen an inaccurate I am having a hard time identifying the type.

Oh if you think the Hobbyboss kit is inaccurate that's it's the worst tomcat I am happy to patsy for an optometrist to get your eyes checked out.

F-14A_Pompeo_HobbyBoss%201-48.jpg

10-hobbyboss-f-14a-tomcat-pt-3.jpg

1.48-Hobbyboss-F-14A-Model-Jet-Fighter-plane-model.jpg

IMG_1125_zps314c2b28.jpg

Anyone who has had the misfortune of building the Hasegawa kit and it itself has nyumerous issues which people conveniently ignore will immediately attest to why the HobbyBoss Tomcat has kept to the top of the list in the build stakes.

As for being mis shaped and all the other hyperbole associated with Chinese kits it is clearly for those with vision beyond the end of there nose currently the best Tomcat option for those building kits rather than just spreading hyperbole.

If AMK do release a Tomcat series it will be interesting to see but it will need to have better panel lines and sharper detail than the Kfir does.

My fingers are crossed but as Wingnut wings found out the hard way with the Fokker D7 series turning CAD into plastic is a far bigger challenge than generating the CAD.

Great to see another manufacturer owing some great aircraft just hoping they through with the goods.

Edited by dehowie

Lol you are kidding right?

Can someone please identify these for me it's so mis-sharpen an inaccurate I am having a hard time identifying the type.

Oh if you think the Hobbyboss kit is inaccurate that's it's the worst tomcat I am happy to patsy for an optometrist to get your eyes checked out.

F-14A_Pompeo_HobbyBoss%201-48.jpg

10-hobbyboss-f-14a-tomcat-pt-3.jpg

1.48-Hobbyboss-F-14A-Model-Jet-Fighter-plane-model.jpg

IMG_1125_zps314c2b28.jpg

Check the narrow nose, the flat front Phoenix pallets, the jet intake, and a lot of issues more, it looks like a tomcat, just how another brands but for me is the worst.

I can see no hope that AMK would release a new F-14, and if someone could release a new F-14 better than Hasegawa and Hobbyboss that must be GHW.

Why would you say that when AMK has announced it via their Facebook page? It's a fact.

Edited by Jennings

Maybe I'm missing something but how does posting a US Navy F-14 picture mean a new kit is announced?.. So Jennings has more info than I can find on their FB page or is part of AMK to make statements on their behalf?

I'm all for a new 1/48 F-14 and would be happy to contribute anything to help make it a reality.

And for what it's worth, my understanding is that the Tamiya F-14 project is more than just a rumor.

But as far as I can see, nothing is official or have CAD, let alone test shots been shown.

I'm excited either way.

Maybe the are working on a new F-14, and we should discuss on this topic 1 year or 2 years later.

The MiG-31 was announced September 9th 2013 (old AMK's FB page). I confident that the F-14 won't take two years to come.

I'd invite anyone who is *that* impatient to start their own model company and see how fast they can get a superb, high quality kit out the door. It's not as easy as you think.

I'd invite anyone who is *that* impatient to start their own model company and see how fast they can get a superb, high quality kit out the door. It's not as easy as you think.

No one's claiming it is. The point is "under promise and over deliver". The model industry is full of companies doing the opposite so modelers have a right to be skeptical of pre-pre-announcements. I'm all about generating excitement for a new product, but wait until you have something to show. Schedules slip, delays happen, so why box yourself in by making premature announcements?

well, I hope that model companies read how we all get exited when rumors off a new F-14 kit start popping up. Still a very popular subject almost 9 years after retirement by the US Navy.

This topic is not a rumour, and probably, AMK will develop this new kits with you guys. :D/> :D/>

Edited by Sio

That means, it should be less than 2 years, than Laurant expected! :D/> :D/>

Well, thats great!! With AMK new tooling and if Tamiya release a new one too, will be a great time for F-14 modeler's in 1/48.

Hope some day Fine Molds upscale their new 1/72 to 1/48, more always is better.

It's true when you're on the customer side, not when you're a manufacturer.

Right! When some manufacturers disappeared, customers will have less choices again! So, don't make that hard competitions between manufacturers! :D :D But some manufacturers are doing so themselves.

Right! When some manufacturers disappeared, customers will have less choices again! So, don't make that hard competitions between manufacturers! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif But some manufacturers are doing so themselves.

To be blunt, I am strictly for myself... the modeler. I offer my references because I do not waste my time posting up wish lists and hoping someone else will put the time, effort, money to compile reputable references for the subjects I am interested. I do it myself. I will only approach companies that I know will handle the information properly but I will not promise any company to be exclusive. The information I offer will be offered to others as I am not an employee, nor compensated, by any company. Should they offer employment or compensation, I will not take it as my intent is to have my subject matter released as a kit which measures up to the information provided. Competition ensures that based on my decades of experience working 'the back room.'

What about the companies? How do I choose them? I need to see what they can do. Many approach me but, without something in my hands to show me what they're capable of, I will not share.

Other companies may announce the same subject. Well, if they lack the confidence to proceed because another company stole their thunder, it states a lot about them. Will the AMK Tomcat be cancelled because Tamiya will release one? I hope not as there are notable differences between the companies and their target audience. Will companies go under because of competition, I am sure of it. Yet, we have seen a new crop of companies appear so it isn't as though none will replace the ones which bit the dust.

I am aware my view is a selfish one because producing models is not my business and I reserve the right to offer my assistance to those I choose since the compilation of references was done with my money, time, and effort. This is a cost savings passed onto the company I offer my assistance to. If they want to be selective and put conditions on my assistance, I can only state that the well will dry up fairly quickly.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

To be blunt, I am strictly for myself... the modeler. I offer my references because I do not waste my time posting up wish lists and hoping someone else will put the time, effort, money to compile reputable references for the subjects I am interested. I do it myself. I will only approach companies that I know will handle the information properly but I will not promise any company to be exclusive. The information I offer will be offered to others as I am not an employee, nor compensated, by any company. Should they offer employment or compensation, I will not take it as my intent is to have my subject matter released as a kit which measures up to the information provided. Competition ensures that based on my decades of experience working 'the back room.'

What about the companies? How do I choose them? I need to see what they can do. Many approach me but, without something in my hands to show me what they're capable of, I will not share.

Other companies may announce the same subject. Well, if they lack the confidence to proceed because another company stole their thunder, it states a lot about them. Will the AMK Tomcat be cancelled because Tamiya will release one? I hope not as there are notable differences between the companies and their target audience. Will companies go under because of competition, I am sure of it. Yet, we have seen a new crop of companies appear so it isn't as though none will replace the ones which bit the dust.

I am aware my view is a selfish one because producing models is not my business and I reserve the right to offer my assistance to those I choose since the compilation of references was done with my money, time, and effort. This is a cost savings passed onto the company I offer my assistance to. If they want to be selective and put conditions on my assistance, I can only state that the well will dry up fairly quickly.

Regards,

Wow wow wow wow, Sharkmouth,

Did you contact AMK personally?

I think, modelling is kind of a culture. Don't make it that business, but what a shame, all model companies are business.

Yes! Even Tamxxx will release one, AMK will continue anyhow. And, AMK may accept you guys' opinion, and may work with you guys to develop the kits as good as possible. Of course, all base on technology capability. AMK is actually not that business.

Cheers!

Sio

Did you contact AMK personally?

After seeing what they did with the Kfir I bought, yes, I would contact them personally as I believe they are very capable of producing a top notch kit. Seeing the MiG-31 sprues confirmed that.

That being said, I offer my assistance to at least two companies per subject as it improves the chances I will see my 'pet' subject being produced and companies tend to put more resources into putting out a better product.

Releasing the Tomcat even if brand X releases one is the right thing to do as companies will build brand loyalty with predetermined expectations based on the consistency with which the company releases quality products. These expectations may be about engineering (fit of parts), detail fidelity, affordability, and the fine balance companies strike within the three to create their niche.

Returning to the Kfir, I bought both Kinetic's and AMK's... I got rid of the former. AMK's had better plastic (personal preference for hardness when filing, flexibility (bending the sprues), polystyrene make up (reaction to the glues and solvents I used). Simply put, production of the sprues seemed superior. Looking on these forums, I see AMK working with knowledgeable members to get details right. However, I do not know what conditions these members work under. Mine is simple. I provide references, input, and want to see a kit. I will offer this information to more than one. I offer information on a series since company A may start on one end and Company B on the other. Of course, there is the chance both release the same subject. The modelers are left to decide which offers the combination of engineering, detail fidelity, and price if they are not already loyal customers.

[Addendum - I'm not so arrogant to think my raw data is the only one a company can find. I am certain there are others who not only have the photographs, measurements, and documents but are experts on the subject and may even have an example nearby to take last minute measurements and photos for contour confirmation. I am not that person(s).]

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

After seeing what they did with the Kfir I bought, yes, I would contact them personally as I believe they are very capable of producing a top notch kit. Seeing the MiG-31 sprues confirmed that.

That being said, I offer my assistance to at least two companies per subject as it improves the chances I will see my 'pet' subject being produced and companies tend to put more resources into putting out a better product.

Releasing the Tomcat even is brand X releases one is the right thing to do as companies will build brand loyalty with predetermined expectations based on the consistency with which the company releases quality products. These expectations may be about engineering (fit of parts), detail fidelity, affordability, and the fine balance companies strike within the three to create their niche.

Returning to the Kfir, I bought both Kinetic's and AMK's... I got rid of the former. AMK's had better plastic (personal preference for hardness when filing, flexibility (bending the sprues), polystyrene make up (reaction to the glues and solvents I used). Simply put, production of the sprues seemed superior. Looking on these forums, I see AMK working with knowledgeable members to get details right. However, I do not know what conditions these members work under. Mine is simple. I provide references, input, and want to see a kit. I will offer this information to more than one. I offer information on a series since company A may start on one end and Company B on the other. Of course, there is the chance both release the same subject. The modelers are left to decide which offers the combination of engineering, detail fidelity, and price if they are not already loyal customers.

[Addendum - I'm not so arrogant to think my raw data is the only one a company can find. I am certain there are others who not only have the photographs, measurements, and documents but are experts on the subject and may even have an example nearby to take last minute measurements and photos for contour confirmation. I am not that person(s).]

Regards,

Haha, Sharkmouth,

Do you know, I am the one in charge of AMK?

I can guarantee, AMK will try the best to make good kits, with as good as the detail is and as good as the engineering is. You will see from the coming MIG-31, or can see from our Magister too.

But I really don't like modellers are sending information to more than one company, and expecting them to produce the kits. There will certainly be one, try to make simpler to go faster to the market for the first piece of cake. I don't like this kind of situation, or we cannot concentrate in developing good kits. Of course, we are the one always trying to make kits as good as possible.

Cheers!

Sio