Sharkmouh, you may have missed this, Sio is AMK.

Yes, I am aware of it. ;)/>/>

I can guarantee, AMK will try the best to make good kits, with as good as the detail is and as good as the engineering is. You will see from the coming MIG-31, or can see from our Magister too.

Yes, as you noticed in what I wrote, I am particular about whom I offer the information. Companies that rush it to market will not be approached. Also, companies who sit on the information without telling me what has or will happen can't ask me for more or other information. As I wrote, I am simply one of many people who can provide the information.

I have been approaching companies for decades. On this very site I mentioned being contacted by Pedro Wong in 2000 (Wasan Plastics in Macau, same city as AMK). I also posted a hint of what I sent some companies here:

http://www.arcforums...dpost&p=2650116

On armor sites (where I am better known for having written over a thousand product reviews), many were informed in advance of the upcoming M48/60 series as well as the Scud models. I even pointed out that more than one company would produce them. None of the companies have folded. If anything, great interest was generated and the aftermarket got a boost.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

Yes, I am aware of it. ;)/>

Yes, as you noticed in what I wrote, I am particular about whom I offer the information. Companies that rush it to market will not be approached. Also, companies who sit on the information without telling me what has or will happen can't ask me for more or other information. As I wrote, I am simply one of many people who can provide the information.

I have been approaching companies for decades. On this very site I mentioned being contact by Pedro Wong in 2000 (Wasan Plastics in Macau, same city as AMK). I also posted a hint of what I sent some companies here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=278669&view=findpost&p=2650116

On armor sites (where I am better know for having written over a thousand product reviews), many wee informed in advance of the upcoming M48/60 series as well as the Scud models. I even pointed out that more than one company would produce them. None of the companies have folded. If anything, great interest was generated and the aftermarket got a boost.

Regards,

Good then.............. :D :D

No offense sharkmouth, but I'll be the first to say if I was still in the aftermarket industry, I wouldn't accept references from you if you were the last dude on the planet. Your attitude in general is that of a blatant know it all, and your arrogance blinds you. Agreed with D-Rob on his statements.

Sio, if you need or want F-14 references, it's best to contact those of us in the know who would be glad to SELFLESSLY promote your product.

Sharkmouth, I don't know you from Adam, and it may not be your intent, but your posts come across as rather arrogant. You make it sound as if you have some magic locker of information that no one else can get their hands on and you won't share unless they do things exactly as you want them to. Seems a bit childish.

I have stated several times that I am not the only one with the information. I simply stated that I will not be told to 'not share' my information with other companies. I am the one who spent the time, money, effort to collect them and those companies to which I did share the information were able to use it freely without my asking for compensation or employment.

If this is arrogant, then I am by your definition. I am selfish and freely admitted it. I am a modeler, not an employee of the companies I decide to share with.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

I'm kind of with Sharkmouth on this one. He never said he was the end all of information. He just said that he could share with whomever he felt he wanted to. A company that chooses to use his freely given information has no right to tell him to not also share with other companies. I don't see him as being arrogant in that statement. Now if he signed some sort of non-disclosure statement with a company that would be one thing. But he was simply offering information to whoever he wanted to in hopes of getting a product he's happy with. I see no fault in that.

Bill

This conversation will continue between Sio and I off the boards (if he wishes) as it has nothing to do with the Tomcat.

Regards,

Awh shucks, I was kind of hoping you give us peasants your super secret squirrel information.

Haha, Sharkmouth,

Do you know, I am the one in charge of AMK?

Sio

Until now I thought you were just someone working with them, didn't know you were in charge.

If you don't mind me asking, what determines you picking a subject to model?

With Mig-31, it looks like you prefer to fill the gaps in the market but with F-14 it looks like you are targeting the most popular. Do you do a unbiased market search or it is more like your personal choices?

Also, does any of the "wishes" here affect you at all?

Edited by foxmulder_ms

Until now I thought you were just someone working with them, didn't know you were in charge.

If you don't mind me asking, what determines you picking a subject to model?

With Mig-31, it looks like you prefer to fill the gaps in the market but with F-14 it looks like you are targeting the most popular. Do you do a unbiased market search or it is more like your personal choices?

Also, does any of the "wishes" here affect you at all?

Haha, Foxmulder,

Your questions are quite personal, not sure, good to talk here.

Yes! I am still in charge of AMK, not "were".

MIG-31 and F-14 were not my idea. We are just keeping what we ever announced moving. Of course, we will try our best to make them as good as possible. Hopefully, you guys modeller will be happy with our quality.

For us to determine a subject to model, the most important thing is, the sufficient information, as it is basic for making accurate and detailed kit. Some other factors like, the popularity and relation to previous kits will be considered too.

One thing may be interesting to you is, your "wishes" do affect our decision, but should not be only your personal wish.

Cheers!

Sio

No offense sharkmouth, but I'll be the first to say if I was still in the aftermarket industry, I wouldn't accept references from you if you were the last dude on the planet. Your attitude in general is that of a blatant know it all, and your arrogance blinds you. Agreed with D-Rob on his statements.

Sio, if you need or want F-14 references, it's best to contact those of us in the know who would be glad to SELFLESSLY promote your product.

Thanks, in advance! :D :D

Haha, Foxmulder,

Your questions are quite personal, not sure, good to talk here.

Yes! I am still in charge of AMK, not "were".

MIG-31 and F-14 were not my idea. We are just keeping what we ever announced moving. Of course, we will try our best to make them as good as possible. Hopefully, you guys modeller will be happy with our quality.

For us to determine a subject to model, the most important thing is, the sufficient information, as it is basic for making accurate and detailed kit. Some other factors like, the popularity and relation to previous kits will be considered too.

One thing may be interesting to you is, your "wishes" do affect our decision, but should not be only your personal wish.

Cheers!

Sio

Since the sufficient reference material is the most important thing for you, I assume you do not want to produce new fighters such as J-20 or prototypes such as Su-47 or Mig 1.44. I don't know whether anyone has good source material on these. however, I would think general shapes can be deduced quite accurately from even limited number of pictures. Internals will be hard to replicate, I guess.

This is why I was so happy to see YF-23 from Trumpeter.

Sio,

I know a good bit about the Tomcat, especially the earlier versions. Brian knows his stuff on the later versions. Like Brian, I'd be happy to help in any way to see a new Tomcat model hit the market in 1/48 that is accurate and has ease of build.

Sio,

I know a good bit about the Tomcat, especially the earlier versions. Brian knows his stuff on the later versions. Like Brian, I'd be happy to help in any way to see a new Tomcat model hit the market in 1/48 that is accurate and has ease of build.

Darren,

Thank you in advance!

I will prepare some information asking opinions from you guys. For sure, we want to produce an accurate and easy to build Tomcat.

I will come to you when needed.

Cheers!

Sio

P.S. Who is Brian? :D :D

P.S. Who is Brian? :D/> :D/>

Sorry about that. Brian is VFA-103 Guy. Both of us have been out on the line at NAS Oceana (he more than me) and both of us have been studying the Tomcat for some years. We also have had contact with squadrons at Oceana. Others you might want to get information from is Brian Plescia who runs Fightertown Decals and Dave Brown, who wrote the book Tomcat Alley. I'm excited that you're taking on this project and looking for help on it.

I am so excited this project is actually moving along. A decent f14, that is accurate in shape, builds easily (with weapons please) would be amazing! Also really good to see a company that is willing to enlist the help of knowledgable experts; If Darren Roberts and Brian^2 are involved you know this is gonna be good.

I am so excited this project is actually moving along. A decent f14, that is accurate in shape, builds easily (with weapons please) would be amazing! Also really good to see a company that is willing to enlist the help of knowledgable experts; If Darren Roberts and Brian^2 are involved you know this is gonna be good.

What dryguy said! :thumbsup:

Guess I can send my 80% built HB F-14A on its final journey.

Looking forward to see the plastic! B)

Honestly I do not understand the enthusiasm.

We already have a high accurate Tomcat in 1/48, the Hasegawa.

And we do have plenty of detail set to address its shortcomings.

At the same time, we have a much easier Monogram/Revell Tomcat in the same scale.

So, what this fuss is all about ?

Edited by galfa

At the same time, we have a much easier Monogram/Revell Tomcat in the same scale.

So, what is all this fuss about it ?

I have zero interest in the F-14 but having built the Hase kit, I can tell you that it is a bear and the Monogram Tom is ancient. Why would you not want a new kit, one with state of the art details AND (hopefully) is much easier to build than the Hase version. I don't see a down side to this.

The Hase F-15 was well respected but the consensus seems to be that the GWH F-15 totally eclipses it.

Would the F-14 fans not deserve something similar?

You've never attempted to build the Hasegawa kit, have you? Monogram? Early 1980s, raised panel lines, very indifferent (typical Monogram) fit, soft detail.

For one, it might end up cheaper if you don't have to add correction sets or weapon sets...

I remember putying in a fair bit of resin in my Persian cat...

Which is a complete bear of a kit to build. And I don't want to throw inordinate amounts of money at a kit to "address it's shortcomings"

Which is very much of it's time, that is to say 30 years behind the current state of the art. To make it sit alongside a modern tooling and not look hopelessly out of place would involve amounts of money and time that most peopel simply have no desire to do, besides which how is that any better than the money and time you throw at a Hasegawa kit to get it to an acceptable standard?

Because, in spite of your personal desires, a wish has been identified by many, many modellers for a new, state of the art, ACCURATE F-14 kit in 1/48th, And people are excited by the apparent news that it will be coming from a manufacturer rapidly establishing itself as a leader in quality, with accuracy rapidly catching up. It's not mandatory to be excited if it's not your thing, but to ask "what is all this fuss about" is really quite obtuse as a question.

Cheers!

Sio

Sio,

Since we have your ear, I know a subject that although the jet isn't flashy it would be a popular subject amongst a great number of modelers as it flew with so many air forces.

A 1/48 T-33! I have a references and access to several T-birds!