Not knowing what the kit breakdown is, I wonder if there will be options for different gun gas vents, beaver tails, and dialectric panels in case one might want to model a very early or late 70's F-14A.

The kit doesn't exist yet, but the plan is for a family of F-14s, so the answer to your question is undoubtedly "yes".

I was finally able to do those markings when Hasegawa released a limited edition Tomcat with them. Fightertown just released a set that has both VF-1 and -2 on the Ranger, which had never been done before.

Where I can find the Fightertown set Darren?

Edited by joscasle

The new Detail & Scale digital book, Colors & Markings of U. S. Navy F-14 Tomcats, Part 1: Atlantic Coast Squadrons, has a lot of inspiring photographs within the 464 pages. Definitely worth the $9.95 download.

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

The new Detail & Scale digital book, Colors & Markings of U. S. Navy F-14 Tomcats, Part 1: Atlantic Coast Squadrons, has a lot of inspiring photogrpahs within the 464 oages. Definitely worth the $9.95 download.

Regards,

That's a great book. I've got the hard copy and you are right, there are tons of wonderful paint schemes.

With all the aftermarket decal makers out there, I have no worries about any markings. My worries are how the kit will come together. I hope AMK does not follow what Hobbyboss did with all the open panels.Would rather see them molded closed and if you wanted them open, to cut them open. Closing open panels is a pain. Not bashing the Hobbyboss kit completly, I do like how they molded the front windscreen/front part of the canopy. >>Look here<<. You can get a more realistic look easier without the worry of filling and sanding a clear part so close to edge of part. I hope the AMK team are kit builders and study other kits. Recognizing and understanding what works and what sucks. Looking at part layout and part break up. How does it applies to the overall fit of the kit. Applying what works and continue to push themselve to make a better kit.

Just my 2 cents

Steven L :wave:

Edited by FAR148
  • 2 months later...

Well, it looks promising.

I'm slightly worried about the "three variants: A, B and D" bit.

I'd feel a lot better with: "Four variants: early A, late A, B and D".

Is there any indication that AMK knows about the different gun gas vents, vertical stabs with small early or late bigger stiffeners and the different beavertails that could be found an F-14A?

Cheers, Stefan.

Which Gulf of Sidra incident are you wanting? There were two, and both have decals for them. SB decals has markings for Fast Eagle 107 from VF-41 as well as an old Detail and Scale set. Fightertown has markings for Gypsy 202 and 207 from VF-32 on a sheet. For VF-41, the standard two-grilled Tomcat, which most kits are of, would suffice. For the VF-32 jets, you'll need to get the original louvered gun vent. An aftermarket piece is available from Steel Beach for the Hasegawa kit. I need to see if it will fit the Hobbyboss kit as well. The VF-103 Achille Lauro markings are available on the Afterburner VF-103 sheet.

thank you for the information!

What is the expected release date? Wonder what version will be released first...A? Also afraid to ask the expected retail price? How much is the MIG 31? Some kits are getting crazy priced like here in Canada where I live the GWH F-15C retails for $155.00, can get a 1/32 F-15 for that.