Hi Saul,

Nothing finalised yet but of course a Sharkmouth might be interesting. We would rule nothing out until the schemes are set in stone at the final production phase.

What one(s) did you have in mind?

VF-111 maybe?

F-14A160676VF-111Mirimar1982.jpg

Mark

There are many. I am aware that your design team has access to Detail & Scale's markings book. Aside from the VF-111 example (thanks Mark) there are quite a few others at different times of the aircraft's lifecycle and (theoretically) each of the different releases could include one set of teeth. PM me for examples.

Regards,

Me too! AMK, You guy's have made quite a reputation for yourself. Your F-14 isn't vaporware yet, and everybody is raving about it, based on your previous kit's and the upcoming MiG-31.

You should be very proud of yourselves.

You are becoming a force to be reckoned with in the modeling community!

Thanks Brad. Looking forward to "wowing" you again.

I am so pumped for this!

I know it may be a year or two before it comes out, but the wait will be more than worth it if this kit becomes what it has the potential to be. Judging by what I have seen concerning the MiG-31 (of which I will definitely be buying!), I have the utmost faith that AMK will finally give us what we have been sorely lacking, and desperately yearning for... A highly accurate, easily built, and high quality 1/48 F-14 Tomcat.

Thanks AMK!

I wonder, when they say "Options of swept open & closed wings," if this means the wings are like the Hasegawa 1/72 F-14 with the wings in a fixed position. I like to display wings open but transport and store with wings swept, so I appreciate them being able to move. If not, I am sure I can make something work.

Certainly the F-14A, B and D.

One other thing to note is that we are not going to be making open panels (which are sometimes tough to replace when not wanted) on the fuselage of this kit.

Other design options have been decided and we will report on that in due course.

Hi Martin, great to hear you're finally doing the Tomcat. Please keep us informed!!

Regards,

I.Martin

Certainly the F-14A, B and D.

One other thing to note is that we are not going to be making open panels (which are sometimes tough to replace when not wanted) on the fuselage of this kit.

Other design options have been decided and we will report on that in due course.

I love you. Seriously, I hope you usher in the end of the open panel fad. Eagerly awaiting this one myself. In the meantime I'll be polishing off a Mig-31 as soon as they are ready!

Hi Saúl. Actually we have access to the real things not just the many books available. I can assure you that the necessary homework is being done.

I am fully aware of the access you have. ;-) I had pointed out to Sio the book and made introductions to the authors so that markings from different times of the aircraft lifecycle can be portrayed. Real life access to the aircraft will only yield new schemes and museum reproductions (which may not be accurate).

Regards,

Based off the images of the Mig-31 test shots the shapes look great but the panel lines look like its a Tiger Ausf E.

Hope they improve remarkably between now and the F-14 but if guys think Trumpeter and Hobbyboss rivets and panel lines are heavy you ain't seen anything.

I hoped they may have improved since the Kfir it looks like they are well worse.

Hopefully it's only a prototype issue and the kit is far more restrained.

They need to move a long way to get a decent looking Tomcat based off "those" images.

Fingers crossed...

Funny, I had the opposite feeling, this MiG-31's recessed details appeared to me much better and finer than on their Kfir.

It's often said pictures tend to exaggerate recessed or raised details and even if, in this case, they appear a very sliiightly tad too heavy to me, I think they'll look just good IRL, but of course that's just my thought.

I think it's safe to say that regardless of what decals AMK puts into their kits, just about every conceivable marking ever put on an F-14 will be available (or is already). :)

They're doing the whole family.

without getting off my fat butt and looking them over again, I picked up several sets of 1/48th Tomcat decals over the weekend. One set was for an F14d (although I vowed not to build a D model). Think they are from Lifelike. I'm getting ready to start a couple Fujimi F14a's for my "hello Saigon" theme (if Eduard can do DaNang, I can do Saigon). Now if they do a 1/48th F14a, the door will be open for a couple bigger kits!

gary