Hi all,

Thanks for the comments. I have read them all.

The moulds haven't been cut yet but we are on the CADs. We also have at least three well respected modelers able to check CAD and measurements against the real thing to ensure correctness. This is what we are excited about.

Our little angels will be given the CAD renders and they can check against the real thing (of which we will sample each type separately to ensure accuracy). We have direct and unrestricted access to all the F-14 types (at least two of each in some cases) so our access is unprecedented.

I personally trust our little angels totally.

As far as weapons are concerned, I would imagine that we will keep up the good form :)

The lipstick Tomcat I don't think will be on the decal sheet, although it is different....... :P

CADs will be posted for your delectation and flaming as normal.

I can tell you for certain that even IF the rumored Tamiya 1/48 F-14 shows up at some point in time it won't change my purchasing of LOTS of AMK's F-14s and other subjects. Your honesty and direct support of us modelers has been amazing. Never seen any other company do this so you just made a loyal customer in me.

Thank you Sio and Martin!

Rob

I can tell you for certain that even IF the rumored Tamiya 1/48 F-14 shows up at some point in time it won't change my purchasing of LOTS of AMK's F-14s and other subjects. Your honesty and direct support of us modelers has been amazing. Never seen any other company do this so you just made a loyal customer in me.

Rob

I couldn't have said it better myself...

IF (and it's a **big** "if" at this point) a Tamiya F-14 shows up, Tamiya's history doesn't make me think they'll do the whole family. How many years later are we still waiting for a 1/48 F-16D?

IF (and it's a **big** "if" at this point) a Tamiya F-14 shows up, Tamiya's history doesn't make me think they'll do the whole family. How many years later are we still waiting for a 1/48 F-16D?

I agree wholeheartedly. With AMK's level of detail on the MiG-31, all I know is that, with the Tomcat, we're in a for a treat. It really doesn't even matter if, one day in the distant future, Tamiya decides to release a Tomcat of their own.

Rob

Edited by galileo1

Rob

the Tamiya kit is already on the shelf, and it's a "re-box" of a not so hot kit.

glt

Rob

Word

Well, they did come out with the all-in-one F-16C kit which allows you to build any F-16C from block 25 to 52. That's 2 sets of landing gear, gear doors, wheels (3 sets in this case), intakes, exhausts and HUD.

Mark

Your honesty and direct support of us modelers has been amazing. Never seen any other company do this so you just made a loyal customer in me.

Rob

Aww thanks Rob. Actually thats very kind of you. We are trying to be what we would want ourselves so customer support is massive to me especially.

I do it because it's right.

Thank you for your support!

Well, they did come out with the all-in-one F-16C kit which allows you to build any F-16C from block 25 to 52. That's 2 sets of landing gear, gear doors, wheels (3 sets in this case), intakes, exhausts and HUD.

Mark

True, but that still leaves the F-16A, B, D, E, and F.

Ok on with some real news.

One of our friends is visiting his favourite jet next week to get some Tomcat love for us. Measurements (to be certain) and photos (to double check). Shape checks and detail confirmations......

You know who you are - thank you sir!

CADs coming and rumours abound about next projects. The only thing I know for sure is that this cat is going to be worth the wait. I've gone grey already.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

the Tamiya kit is already on the shelf, and it's a "re-box" of a not so hot kit.

glt

Could you please elaborate on this a little? I haven't seen/heard of a Tamiya (even a re-boxed release) anywhere. Regardless, if it has anything to do with HB than that's a surprise.

Just curious, that's all.

Rob