Kind of lost track of this thread, but glad it caught my eye again! I can't wait! REALLY looking forward to this one. The Tomcat is my favorite aircraft of all time, nothing else even comes close, and you would think with my screen name, I'd at least have ONE on the shelf. Well, I don't. Why? Because I'm too much of a perfectionist with it. I can't count the number of times I've started one (Tamiya 1:32, Trumpeter 1:32, Hasegawa 1:48 numerous times, Revellogram 1:48 numerous times, the list goes on) and just got frustrated with it and trashed it because of something I didn't like. Detail level and options as far as weapons and things of that nature are very important to me, but I think the most important, be all, end all of a Tomcat kit for me would be how good the fit is and how easy the overall build is, because I am FAR from an expert modeler that's able to overcome finicky kits. Oh, and accuracy, too. Again, I'm really looking forward to this.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123
I think it's safe to say that regardless of what decals AMK puts into their kits, just about every conceivable marking ever put on an F-14 will be available (or is already).

This is true as a search resulted. My concern, being that I prefer sharkmouth schemes, would be the fit of a critical decal (sharkmouth in this case) designed for one brand's curved surfaces on another.

* and yes do think seriously about a 1/72 Tomcat to finally replace the old Fujimi and the newer Hobby Boss.

The new Fine Molds kit is very good but it doesn't make AMK money so I concur.

I like this..... now don't go mad, I'm not saying this is a possible scheme! I'm just saying I like this one...

159591225ADF-14AVF-101.jpg

I like the scheme too since there is a variant with a subdued sharkmouth!

PICT0048%20F-14%20VF-101%20136%20right%20side%20l.jpg

See? Working on those schemes. The hard part is finding those not already out as decal sheets (many already out there from Darren and Brian so I hope they can update their sheets if needed).

Regards,

Kind of lost track of this thread, but glad it caught my eye again! I can't wait! REALLY looking forward to this one. The Tomcat is my favorite aircraft of all time, nothing else even comes close, and you would think with my screen name, I'd at least have ONE on the shelf. Well, I don't. Why? Because I'm too much of a perfectionist with it. I can't count the number of times I've started one (Tamiya 1:32, Trumpeter 1:32, Hasegawa 1:48 numerous times, Revellogram 1:48 numerous times, the list goes on) and just got frustrated with it and trashed it because of something I didn't like. Detail level and options as far as weapons and things of that nature are very important to me, but I think the most important, be all, end all of a Tomcat kit for me would be how good the fit is and how easy the overall build is, because I am FAR from an expert modeler that's able to overcome finicky kits. Oh, and accuracy, too. Again, I'm really looking forward to this.

Thanks TF. I believe you will be impressed. The fit of the MiG-31 is just sublime so each of our next releases should surpass the ones before. Onwards and upwards sir.

I like this..... now don't go mad, I'm not saying this is a possible scheme! I'm just saying I like this one...

159591225ADF-14AVF-101.jpg

I like the scheme too since there is a variant with a subdued sharkmouth!

PICT0048%20F-14%20VF-101%20136%20right%20side%20l.jpg

oooooh.. I actually love these two schemes shown by martin and sharkmouth.. the winged skeleton with the scythe is much better than the cloaked version too.

(and the subtle sharkmouth is great!)

definitely got my vote for VF-101 rolleyes.gif

Edited by glorystomper

AMK seems to be more or less totally involved in jet air planes. Lord the world is at your feet for the taking!

* the F100 family is begging for you

* The first time I saw an F111 flash by at about 500 feet I knew I was in love. Can't we get one?

* A well detailed and accurate Sky Knight is an often asked for airframe

* I'd love a new He162 from WWII in 1/32 scale

* How about the B47 series? Everybody has love for that beast!

* nobody seems to be in love with any of the A10's, so there's an opening for you.

Don't get me started on props!!

gary

Definitely agree with a new F-100 series. Man, that'd be impressive it tooled like the MiG-31.

Rob

Rob, I don't think you have to worry, I believe everything these guys will make will be tooled to the same standard as the MiG-31. No hit or miss with them, Trumpeter are you listening ???? Then again, who cares if they're listening with AMK around.

Ok on with some real news.

One of our friends is visiting his favourite jet next week to get some Tomcat love for us. Measurements (to be certain) and photos (to double check). Shape checks and detail confirmations......

You know who you are - thank you sir!

CADs coming and rumours abound about next projects. The only thing I know for sure is that this cat is going to be worth the wait. I've gone grey already.

Is Darren Roberts doing the research for you? And which museum birds are the measurements from? Looking forward to this kit.

Is Darren Roberts doing the research for you? And which museum birds are the measurements from? Looking forward to this kit.

I'm helping where I can. I have access to BuNo 161615, which was delivered to the museum I volunteer at directly from service at NSAWC. It's still in it's last paint scheme. In fact, Fightertown has it on their new Tomcat sheet.

• 3 weeks later...