Glad to see you have good people on the project.

The Mig-31 looks now very impressive so ordered a couple to check them out and show some support.

The walk up start kit which the world needs is a good F-105 one of everyone favourites.

Monogram pooched the entire nose and windscreen plus canopy and spine and Hobbyboss got the dimensional locations right but the shape still not close(better than Monogram anyway).

I don't know anyone who doesn't like/love the F-105 and like the F-111 its been poorly treated from an accuracy viewpoint.

So far we have nice kits of the 104, 106, 101 and thats it.

The 100 is wide open.

The 101 we have the KH kit which has some minor accuracy issues but plagued with poor engineering like the Mg-25.

The 102 is long in the tooth but still nice from Monogram so ready for the taking.

The 104 we have Hasegawa.

The 105 we have nothing except the poorly shaped and complexly engineered Hobbyboss 105(please don't even mention Monogram its that bad..as in bad like the Monogram F-111/Esci Tu-22 when you really look into it. I mean people complain about the KH Mig-25 it has nothing on the Monogram Thud).

The 106 we have the very respectable Trump kit(yes we know about the very very minot shape issue on the intakes that are fixed in like 3 minutes).

Hopefully AMK take up the mantle of accuracy and engineering and if you guys do the market is awaiting solid accurate kits of the century series.

Just do the 105 family first..please...lol

Edited by dehowie

The Mig-31 looks now very impressive so ordered a couple to check them out and show some support.

The walk up start kit which the world needs is a good F-105 one of everyone favourites.

Monogram pooched the entire nose and windscreen plus canopy and spine and Hobbyboss got the dimensional locations right but the shape still not close(better than Monogram anyway).

I don't know anyone who doesn't like/love the F-105 and like the F-111 its been poorly treated from an accuracy viewpoint.

So far we have nice kits of the 104, 106, 101 and thats it.

The 100 is wide open.

The 101 we have the KH kit which has some minor accuracy issues but plagued with poor engineering like the Mg-25.

The 102 is long in the tooth but still nice from Monogram so ready for the taking.

The 104 we have Hasegawa.

The 105 we have nothing except the poorly shaped and complexly engineered Hobbyboss 105(please don't even mention Monogram its that bad..as in bad like the Monogram F-111/Esci Tu-22 when you really look into it. I mean people complain about the KH Mig-25 it has nothing on the Monogram Thud).

The 106 we have the very respectable Trump kit(yes we know about the very very minot shape issue on the intakes that are fixed in like 3 minutes).

Hopefully AMK take up the mantle of accuracy and engineering and if you guys do the market is awaiting solid accurate kits of the century series.

Just do the 105 family first..please...lol

Oh YES!!! Definitely the F-105.

I have several Monogram 105's and other than a few minor areas this old baby keeps on trucking. Never had any "real" accuracy problems that would REQUIRE the need for a new kit, however that's not to say that I wouldn't enjoy one.

Hello Martin...

When you will show us the first pics from this new F-14? :woot.gif:/>

Hi Manuel,

Not long before we get some progress to shout about. Really busy getting the MiG-31 out the door so please bear with us.

That's the spirit. Thank you. It all helps to be honest. If you're after making suggestions then please feel free to post over on our Facebook page. Can we just leave this thread open and about the F-14 coming though?

Many thanks...

:thumbsup:

Can we just leave this thread open and about the F-14 coming though?

Many thanks...

It could be useful if you started the ball rolling by talking about the project. Like maybe which version will be released first? Or if it will be a 3-in-1 kit?

Mark

Hi Mark,

I think at 18 pages the ball certainly has no moss :P/>/>/>/>

Well I believe the plan will be to release three boxes.

The F-14A is like to be the first. Early vents, possibly even the very early steps (yet to be decided), one piece Phoenix missile, forward or swept wings, dropped slats and flaps, possibly even wing spoilers as separate parts (again, yet to be finalised). Choice of Beaver Tails, choice of......... well, can't give too much away yet. We'd have nothing to discuss.

Decals not sure yet. Open to suggestions.

I wonder whether it would be prudent to do perhaps three schemes?

1 really early High Vis from the mid 1980's (Light Gull Grey over White)

1 late 1980's TPS

1 really late TPS with Hi Vis insignia

Thinking maybe these or something like.....

VF-143 early Pukin Dogs

VF114

VF-51 for the later one.

Just suggestions.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

Hi Mark,

I think at 18 pages the ball certainly has no moss :P/>/>/>/>

Well I believe the plan will be to release three boxes.

The F-14A is like to be the first. Early vents, possibly even the very early steps (yet to be decided), one piece Phoenix missile, forward or swept wings, dropped slats and flaps, possibly even wing spoilers as separate parts (again, yet to be finalised). Choice of Beaver Tails, choice of......... well, can't give too much away yet. We'd have nothing to discuss.

Decals not sure yet. Open to suggestions.

:thumbs:

I wonder whether it would be prudent to do perhaps three schemes?

1 really early High Vis from the mid 1980's (Light Gull Grey over White)

1 late 1980's TPS

1 really late TPS with Hi Vis insignia

That's a good place to start actually. Do modellers want the option of deployable flaps/slats, airbrakes, spoilers and boarding ladder? And of course the dreaded separate avionics panels. My take is that if you guys can get them to fit in the closed position as well as in your MiG-31 kit, then they'd be an excellent inclusion.

With regard to the decals, for the TPS with hi-vis insignia, which timeframe are you referring to?

Mark

Actually open to any suggestions really.

Perhaps good to have three timeframes, 1975, 1985, 1995? Ish?

If we can't make open panels close property then I am walking out the door :P/>

Not sure about open panels like avionics bays. Sometimes it's better to leave them closed so they can be opened by the modeller who wants to. Again, nothing yet finalised so the team are listening to all suggestions.

Some might not be possible for tooling restrictions or efficiency but we do listen to you.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

I think avionics compartments, etc are best left to the aftermarket folks, they can create that detail in resin far better than most injection work. The flaps deployed selection adds the problem of the panels on the lower side forward of the flaps that retract. Not undo-able, but more complex.

Really looking forward to more news of this release.

Bottom side of wing when the flag are extended. There are panels in between the flap tracks. These panels retract upwards. Not sure of all the flap lowered positions on a F-14 and as to when these panels are affected, but at full down they pull up. Googling F-14 flaps I found at least one good photo showing these. I am an aircraft mechanic by trade and little stuff like this I remember.

Bottom side of wing when the flag are extended. There are panels in between the flap tracks. These panels retract upwards. Not sure of all the flap lowered positions on a F-14 and as to when these panels are affected, but at full down they pull up. Googling F-14 flaps I found at least one good photo showing these. I am an aircraft mechanic by trade and little stuff like this I remember.

It is listed as "cove door" in the diagram on this webpage.

Mark