Absolutely agree. Closed panels, with the option to do surgery for the small minority who want the panels open.

We definitely need an option for an early (1970s) F-14A!

F_14_A_160386_VF_84_AJ204_Selfridge1977_2.jpg

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! old school hi-vis VF-84 for the win!

it's pretty iconic, no?

Edited by glorystomper

Decals not sure yet. Open to suggestions.

:thumbsup:/>/>

I wonder whether it would be prudent to do perhaps three schemes?

1 really early High Vis from the mid 1980's (Light Gull Grey over White)

1 late 1980's TPS

1 really late TPS with Hi Vis insignia

Thinking maybe these or something like.....

VF-143 early Pukin Dogs

VF114

VF-51 for the later one.

Just suggestions.

My wishlist for markings:

80's High vis: VF-84, LGG over white. Some may say that it's been done to death, but you can't deny that it's THE most iconic scheme for the F-14 and IMO it's a beautiful set of markings. Also, having VF-84 will guarantee huge sales of the kit. :P/>

80's High vis alternate choice: VF-1.

80's TPS: VF-41

Late TPS with high vis: VF-21

VF-21.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=TMP_SESSION_ID_DI_NOISSES_PMT

Black & White CAG jet of VF-103 Jolly Rogers

KB09.jpg

VF-101 Grim Reapers, pretty good lo-vis livery

f14-photo-vf101-22l.jpg

F-14B_Tomcat_VF-101.jpg

VF-74 Be-Devilers, good lo-vis schemes and aggressor splinters too

F14B_162914.jpg

VF-33 Starfighters, hi-vis looks pretty cool

image015.jpg

And finally VF-102 Diamondbacks.. would rather these guys than the Fighting Aardvarks

F-14A_Tomcat_VF-102_in_flight_1982.JPEG

Early - VF-103 Sluggers, VF-33 Tarsiers VF-41 Black Aces Sukhoi killer.

Mid - VF-74 Bedevilers (would have to be a Desert Storm F-14A+), VF-2 Bounty Hunter F-14D

Late - VF-31 Tomcatters (last cruise, line jet) VF-211 Checkmates OSW or last cruise (no blessed Santa picture either!)

Edited by Parabat

The first Tomcats that I saw were at Greenham Common in 1976 from VF-142 and 143, so those markings would be fine. Some line aircraft from VF-32 in D storm would also be good rather than the flashy tail marked ones. How about aircraft from VF-124 and 101 as they were rather bright in their earlier days. But please nothing from VF-84.

MARTIN This is my MOST anticipated release for 2016 :nanner: Words cant express how excited I am. Now as for markings. To me it really doesn't matter. I have so many decal sheets for F-14's I could make almost any Plane form any time frame. I am pretty sure F-14 aficionados like myself are in the same boat!!! That said you still need to pick a marking from a well known Squadron. Since you are really communicating directly to your consumers :woo: to get feedback I suggest for you to set up a poll on your Facebook page to get the most popular markings for the releases.

I too am a fan of the idea to keep the access panels closed and super detailers can open them up. I hope you Also include a compressed front landing gear to show it in take off position. Also please please don't over complicate the kit with too many parts. Hobby Boss and Trumpeter do this all the time... Sometimes "Less Is More"

BTW You KFIR Is a wonderful kit I just started it a so far I LOVE IT!!!!!

THANK YOU

Jolly Rogers decals I've got..... Fighting Aardvark decals I don't :) a VF-114 scheme would be great to see in the early high vis boxing (or even for a mid 1980s high or low vis option)

+1 for the Hi Vis with the orange/black Langley stripe!!!

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Bottom side of wing when the flag are extended. There are panels in between the flap tracks. These panels retract upwards. Not sure of all the flap lowered positions on a F-14 and as to when these panels are affected, but at full down they pull up. Googling F-14 flaps I found at least one good photo showing these. I am an aircraft mechanic by trade and little stuff like this I remember.

Right - thanks very much. I got it.

It is listed as "cove door" in the diagram on this webpage.

Mark

Thank you Mark

MARTIN This is my MOST anticipated release for 2016 :nanner:/> Words cant express how excited I am. Now as for markings. To me it really doesn't matter. I have so many decal sheets for F-14's I could make almost any Plane form any time frame. I am pretty sure F-14 aficionados like myself are in the same boat!!! That said you still need to pick a marking from a well known Squadron. Since you are really communicating directly to your consumers :woo:/> to get feedback I suggest for you to set up a poll on your Facebook page to get the most popular markings for the releases.

I too am a fan of the idea to keep the access panels closed and super detailers can open them up. I hope you Also include a compressed front landing gear to show it in take off position. Also please please don't over complicate the kit with too many parts. Hobby Boss and Trumpeter do this all the time... Sometimes "Less Is More"

BTW You KFIR Is a wonderful kit I just started it a so far I LOVE IT!!!!!

THANK YOU

I am so glad you approve. With some great engineering attention to details and listening to you guys we aim to please :)

Have you thought about the option of having two wings in the kit? One with just two halves, for instance, for the swept or stowed position(minimal tinkering to get it right) and the other having all the extended flaps, slats etc for the launch or maintenance look. Compressed nose gear would be great for launch dioramas too.

Compressed nose gear - now there is an idea!

You have to include a compressed front oleo leg, particularly if you are going to give full flaps, so as to do a cat launch scene. Put it this way, a certain other manufacturer which is the current best kit in this scale includes it, and please do not give ANY reason for us to still hang onto the kits from that certain other manufacturer. (Ok you don't HAVE to do anything but it's my advice anyway.)

I also think that realistically, one of the colourful CAG birds and, dare I say it, vf-84 would allow a snazzy, eye-catching artwork on the box and would make the kit sell better as a christmas present for kids. I think us Tomcat lovers all have decal sheets of our favourite squadrons anyway so anything to make it sell more I think is a good idea. Maybe include one gaudy CAG bird and one low-viz, line jet scheme for each boxing?

Aw hell, just make it as good as your Magister and mig-31 kits, and you will hit a home run absolutely out the park.

Hey Martin,

What timeframe do you anticipate the release date of this kit, tapped out a credit card while on vacation and the holidays are around the corner. Just wanna know if it will be out by mid-2016 right after I get my cards cleared to buy this release. April release would not be a good time since it will be tax season for us folks in the US. Planning to buy a few cases if it is that good. Look forward to hearing from you!

Pete

Edited by Gunfighter 124

Hi,

Being one of those guys with a number of Furball, Fightertown, ...etc ...decal sheets in the stash, I'm mainly hoping for ease of construction and shape accuracy. Not really hoping for any scheme to be in the kit.

One thing I would really appreciate in the kit decals would a good general stencil and weapons stencil sheet. Like some different Sparrow and Phoenix serial numbers. They wouldn't need to be verified Phoenix serials for me...I don't have a list of those and I don't care. I just prefer not have all my Phoenixes have the same Hasegawa or Fightertown serials.

Cheers, Stefan.

Hi,

Being one of those guys with a number of Furball, Fightertown, ...etc ...decal sheets in the stash, I'm mainly hoping for ease of construction and shape accuracy. Not really hoping for any scheme to be in the kit.

One thing I would really appreciate in the kit decals would a good general stencil and weapons stencil sheet. Like some different Sparrow and Phoenix serial numbers. They wouldn't need to be verified Phoenix serials for me...I don't have a list of those and I don't care. I just prefer not have all my Phoenixes have the same Hasegawa or Fightertown serials.

Cheers, Stefan.

Good shout on this. Some AIM-54C decals would be most welcome, as would accurate AIM-54C's, without having to get AM ones.

Excited about the F-14's. Since this looks like the official AMK wish list thread...

1) 1/48 FJ-2/3 Fury

2) 1/48 P2V Neptune (family)

3) 1/48 Wright Flyer

4) 1/48 Yak-28 Brewer (family)

5) 1/48 Vautour II (family)

6) 1/48 OV-10A and D Bronco

and the 1/48 F-100 is a good idea too.

:cheers:/> and happy modeling, Bryan

Edited by Bryan H.