Since this looks like the official AMK wish list thread...

Sorry, where did you get this idea? The last 20+ replies to this thread were to do with the F-14. And Martin had said repeatedly that if you have kits which you wish to see done, you can post your list on their Facebook page.

Excited about the F-14's. Since this looks like the official AMK wish list thread...

1) 1/48 FJ-2/3 Fury

2) 1/48 P2V Neptune (family)

3) 1/48 Wright Flyer

4) 1/48 Yak-28 Brewer (family)

5) 1/48 Vautour II (family)

6) 1/48 OV-10A and D Bronco

and the 1/48 F-100 is a good idea too.

:cheers:/>/> and happy modeling, Bryan

Hi Bryan. Send us some wishes to our FaceBook page. Its from there that we take our inspiration. This is the F-14 thread which is going to, hopefully, help us get it right first time.

I like the enthusiasm but please go to FaceBook and suggest away :)

Would the modifications for an ASF-14 "Super Tomcat" be impossible (or excessively difficult) to do? It would be a whif but you'll definitely corner the market. It'd look nice on the shelf next to the F-20 and the F-16XL.

It'd be no more bizarre than all the Luft '46 stuff.

:cheers:/> and happy modeling, Bryan

Edited by Bryan H.

Even after being told that they are off topic, some simpletons STILL continue to post garbage :bandhead2:/>/>

Anyways, what goes into deciding which decals and boxart gets chosen for the A/B/D kits? Is there market research done etc or whichever markings they can get the most information/reference material on?

I realize that a big factor is the asian market, and most of you modellers will buy the kit regardless of the markings.. so it would have to be visually appealing to the NEW customer..

Edited by Red14

A couple things I would like to see on this F-14 release would be external fuel tanks, ACMI pod and TARPS.

From a marketing point of view, why not have 2 releases of the F-14A, a Hi vis and Lo vis release? Of course that would be catering to the OCD weaknesses in modelers/collectors. The Low vis might include the Ferris scheme.

Edited by Craig Baldwin

don't think that would be feasible since when the boxes are printed, there's a minimum run (for example 1000).. while you can have one decal sheet with both hi-vis and lo-vis schemes on it, you would in essence have to double the run of kits since you can't say like give me 500 boxes of each.. it will be 1000 and 1000 (again, 1000 is just an arbitrary number).

Another 'nice to have' that I've never seen released would be the AIM-9 launcher rails and adaptors for stations 1B and 8B.

Inclusion of TARPS pod would be good, as would the LANTIRN.

Properly sculpted intakes (parallel top and bottom lips!) Avoiding filling issues would be good too.

Correct length arrestor hook.

Correct size/shape ECM antenna ALR-45 on the stabs.

Given AMK's usual M.O., I'd find it hard to believe that they won't include just about every operational "thingie" that ever hung on, under, or near an F-14. They're doing the whole family, so I think it's a safe bet they'll do all the dangly bits needed.

I think, is more easy painting and building the aim-54 if it came with separate wings, just like the real one...

I love the idea of one piece missiles. No joints or seams to clean up and sand. The simpler the better! :thumbsup: Like with the main gear, I hope you guys can simplify the main gear as well. Unlike Hobby bosses gear :(

dont%20do.jpg

Just a thought,

Steven L :wave:

I love the idea of one piece missiles. No joints or seams to clean up and sand. The simpler the better! :thumbsup:/> Like with the main gear, I hope you guys can simplify the main gear as well. Unlike Hobby bosses gear :(/>

dont%20do.jpg

Just a thought,

Steven L :wave:/>

Maybe, but with the aim-54A/C it need the red/blue/yellow stripes around the missile, and if it came without the wings is more easy...

:rolleyes:

Maybe, but with the aim-54A/C it need the red/blue/yellow stripes around the missile, and if it came without the wings is more easy...

True but masking off stripes is not that hard. And there's always decals :unsure:

Edited by FAR148

I'd support separate fins for the -54s. I have seen them on carts next to the jet with the plugs still in and no fins. Don't know how common that is, but a diorama of one being built up before loading would be easier. Not to mention a single-piece wrap decal and then attach the fins after.

one pc fwd fuselage sure.. but heck no to the shut speed brakes!

if you want shut speed brakes, go buy a monogram/revell kit...

If the speed brakes are going to be open, they better fit without any work to keep them closed. Very rarely are the speed brakes deployed on a Tomcat sitting on the ground unless it's undergoing work. I'd much rather have them closed with an easy ability to cut them open.