On items like boarding ladder and refueling probe, I would prefer to see the area behind these panel lines made thinner than other areas to make the items easier to carve out. Rather than openings to try and fill if you don't want them deployed.

Was the the D version that much different than the A aside from the exhausts?

On items like boarding ladder and refueling probe, I would prefer to see the area behind these panel lines made thinner than other areas to make the items easier to carve out. Rather than openings to try and fill if you don't want them deployed.

I think that things like the boarding ladder and steps need to be done as separate pieces. The ladders are seen deployed quite often when the canopy is open.

The obvious (for me) differences between the A and D models are:

- Ejection seats

- Chin pods (Ds had a dual pod)

- Antennas on the spine (GPS dome, etc)

- Antenna blisters on each side near the front of the intakes

- Nose wheel bay doors

- Gun vents

- Boat tails

I'm sure there are more...

Edited by galileo1

I think that things like the boarding ladder and steps need to be done as separate pieces. The ladders are seen deployed quite often when the canopy is

Im sure AMK will make it work in a way that is easy to build but loads of detail. BTW, those shots you posted of that CAG vf 2 bird are just gorgeous.

Depends on the time frame - a late A would be differnt from a D in the following areas - ecm bumps under the wing gloves; closed glove vanes still present (deleted on the D); only TCS under the nose (D had a dual chin pod with TCS and IR sensor); engines, exhausts and exhaust shrouds different; different cockpits (D had the 'dog eared' SJU-17 or NACES seats, the prominent cabled 'box' above the RIO's IP shroud, various IP differences, most notably the rectangular PTID replacing the 'fishbowl' and the RIO's controller on the port panel); D's mostly had the LAU-138 BOL rail AIM-9 launchers, but many A's had these toward the end and finally, that I can think of, nose wheel bay doors. By the end, all F-14's had the NACA gun vents.

Edited by Parabat

Hasegawa made an early VF-2 F-14A decal sheet. The Fightertown Decal sheet features a VF-2 F-14A from Desert Storm era.

The pictures are for the later scheme that FT has. The early VF-2 scheme has white undersides, an NK on the tail, and the ventral strakes are yellow with blue chevrons. They were also assigned to the Enterprise during that time. The pictures are when they were assigned to the Ranger. They had a very similar scheme on the Kittyhawk.

• 2 weeks later...

All I know is that if the plastic/tooling on AMK's future F-14 kits are even remotely the same as the one in their MiG-31 kit then it will be the most amazing F-14 anyone would ever hope for! You can't really appreciate how great the tooling on the Foxhound truly is until you see it in person.

Rob

AMK, if you thought the MiG-31 demand suprised you...you really really have to realise what putting new F-14 family out there will do to your sales. Take your projected figures and just double them :P Darren Roberts alone will probably set you up with the initial cost of the kit development! :D

AMK, if you thought the MiG-31 demand suprised you...you really really have to realise what putting new F-14 family out there will do to your sales. Take your projected figures and just double them :P/> Darren Roberts alone will probably set you up with the initial cost of the kit development! :D/>

Itā€™s all a learning curve sir all a learning curve.

But yeah, the F-14 is simply stunning, just wait.