Martin one thing I'd hope for in the F-14A boxing is the update Parts to model the Very Late "A" model aircraft that were still in service into the 2000's. Units like VF-154, 211 and a couple of others flew "A's" right to the end before switching to Super Hornets.....I'll refer you to this page for the "Bombcat" updates I am referring to. http://www.topedge.com/alley/text/other/bombcat.htm

Thank You

Brian

Martin one thing I'd hope for in the F-14A boxing is the update Parts to model the Very Late "A" model aircraft that were still in service into the 2000's. Units like VF-154, 211 and a couple of others flew "A's" right to the end before switching to Super Hornets.....I'll refer you to this page for the "Bombcat" updates I am referring to. http://www.topedge.com/alley/text/other/bombcat.htm

Thank You

Brian

I'm pretty sure that's the plan, but I can't speak for Martin. The late Alphas and Bravos were almost identical, so since the parts are there for the Bravo, I'd imagine they would be made available for the late Alpha as well.

Rather than try to cram every possible armament configuration into the Tomcat box, which would also result in a corresponding increase in price. Has there been any thought or discussion of possibly putting out a separate release of all the various missiles and/or bombs, ala the Hasegawa weapons sets? I can only speak for myself, but I would eat these up, particularly if they included some of the recent stuff such as JDAM's and other modern weapons not included in the Hasegawa sets. I also see a HUGE market for Russian, French, British and others weapons as well. I alone, as well as others have spent a small fortune on resin sets, but I would surely go for these if AMK could work their magic on them.

Rick

Will AMK be able to get this kit out this year? Let me say I honestly hope so because I don't really want to build another hobbyboss cat. However, I ask because I'm under the impression they do their own molding in house and with the list of projects currently happening, I wonder if there is enough production capacity to meet the demand? I for one am licking my chops to get the F-14 and L-39. Please note this is not a knock on AMK so no snarky responses, its an honest question.

Martin, can you comment on how AMK will approach the wing sealing bags that inflate and deflate when the wings are swung? Hasegawa gave the option of two different parts corresponding to the swept and unswept positions respectively, which is my favoured approach. The horrible hole left on some variable geometry wing aircraft (Academy F14 and Trumpeter MiG-23 for instance) when the wings are in the forward position really detracts from the look of the model

Cheers

Les

:blink:/> Subpoena...?

Hey, Manuel! :wave:/> Ya still in touch with the FEDE bloke from Uruguay? How many AMK F-14 kits d'ya think he'll buy?

Hello Uncool:

Yes still in touch with my friend FEDE, we always talk about kits models and of course the F-14A/B/D TOMCAT

I´m planning to buy everything I can F-14 from AMK if they do the kit just like a everyone dream.... :woot.gif:

Greetings...

So any news on the design progress for your F-14 kit?

Also, I'd like to add that I hope that the panel lines will slightly deeper than the ones on your Kfir and Mig31 kits. I realize that this is a bit of a touchy issue with modelers, but I feel it needs a mention. Some manufacturers have widened the lines rather than deepened them which makes them look out of scale. The lines need to be thin and deep so that they may accommodate a wash after several layers of paint and gloss.

I am looking forward to seeing what awaits us in the not so distant future...i hope!

Also, I'd like to add that I hope that the panel lines will slightly deeper than the ones on your Kfir and Mig31 kits.

I definitely have to disagree on that. If anything, it would be nice if the surface detail were a bit more restrained. Deeper (but not wider) panel lines could potentially be fragile (consider the inside of the mold cavity - panel lines stand proud of the surface), which if damaged would result in uneven depth.

If you're putting enough paint and gloss on your model to fill in panel lines like the ones on AMK's existing kits, you need to work on your technique.

• 2 weeks later...