• 1 month later...

The new splinter camo on the Ali-Cats look pretty cool!

F-14-IRIAF.jpg

With Russian Weapons... :woot.gif:

Those must be the new Russian stealth missiles...I don't see'em........ :whistle: , that or they got some really good camouflage.... :) . I'm wondering how much longer they can keep'em flying those airframes gotta be getting long in the tooth; unless they only fly them once a month for an hour or so, even then metal fatigue with age has got to have some affect.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

While the Iranian Tomcats are undeniably getting long-in-the-tooth, delivery's of the first Iranian 'Cat were made in '76. The last B-52 was delivered in October '62 and they are still flying and contributing admirably and the airframe weight and load carrying ability of a BUFF is much greater than a 'Cat. Two factors weigh in the Ali-Cats favor, one they have not ever been subjected to the extreme rigors of flight deck ops, having only ever been land-based. And lastly, the Iranians have maintained them superbly (and limited the flight hours on the airframes as well, for various reasons). So comparing them to USN 'Cats would be apples to oranges, they are surely different breeds that simply share a lineage.

Rick

I definitely have to disagree on that. If anything, it would be nice if the surface detail were a bit more restrained. Deeper (but not wider) panel lines could potentially be fragile (consider the inside of the mold cavity - panel lines stand proud of the surface), which if damaged would result in uneven depth.

If you're putting enough paint and gloss on your model to fill in panel lines like the ones on AMK's existing kits, you need to work on your technique.

Thanks Jennings, :worship: I'll get right on that.

The new splinter camo on the Ali-Cats look pretty cool!

F-14-IRIAF.jpg

That jet is a one-off. 3-6049 is the F-14AM flight test vehicle and is still in the testing phase. All the other Ali-Cats still retain the two-tone blue/gray cammo pattern.

Edited by Skull Leader

We have been concentrating on the latest release of the Aero Delfin and Cold War version of the MiG-31.

The F-14 is in progress and we have amassed a shed ton of references and help. There is so much going on in the background but I can’t share this with you yet.

Please be assured that this will be the best possible kit we can do.

An avantgarde model kit as we hope you have come to expect.

We have been concentrating on the latest release of the Aero Delfin and Cold War version of the MiG-31.

The F-14 is in progress and we have amassed a shed ton of references and help. There is so much going on in the background but I can’t share this with you yet.

Please be assured that this will be the best possible kit we can do.

An avantgarde model kit as we hope you have come to expect.

Please Martin, please don't let people's impatience pressure you guys. Take your time and do it right. If they want to build an F-14, there's plenty out there to choose from, until your kit comes out.

F-14A I believe.

Happy with that! Just building the Hasegawa version, which is interesting but showing its age, so I'm looking forward to seeing how AMK's comes out. I can wait, though, got too many (according to the missus) to build before getting a new one anyway. Even if the kit doesn't come with Alicat markings, I'll probably get aftermarket decals which will almost certainly appear shortly afte r the kit release

Les

Happy with that! Just building the Hasegawa version, which is interesting but showing its age, so I'm looking forward to seeing how AMK's comes out. I can wait, though, got too many (according to the missus) to build before getting a new one anyway. Even if the kit doesn't come with Alicat markings, I'll probably get aftermarket decals which will almost certainly appear shortly afte r the kit release

Les

No need to wait - the original Alicat decals are available from Hi-Decal:

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev2/1101-1200/Rev1194-HiDecal72051-48021/00.shtm

HD48021.JPGHD48021_1.JPG

Greetings

Diego

Agree with Jennings the Mig-31 has already got criticism in some reviews for the panel lines and they need to be toned down for the Tomcat.

I thought this as well, but I have to say, having looked at one in the flesh and painted, they looked far less obtrusive then they do in bare plastic on my sample. It wasn't the thickness of the paint application either (Mr Paint), it just looked miles better under paint than on shiny plastic.

Please Martin, please don't let people's impatience pressure you guys. Take your time and do it right. If they want to build an F-14, there's plenty out there to choose from, until your kit comes out.

I'm guessing that a few whining ARC'rs aren't going to cause a businessman to cut corners on a project just to get it released a few days earlier.

Edited by 11bee

I thought this as well, but I have to say, having looked at one in the flesh and painted, they looked far less obtrusive then they do in bare plastic on my sample. It wasn't the thickness of the paint application either (Mr Paint), it just looked miles better under paint than on shiny plastic.

The panellines are distinct and will not disapear under a coat of primer and paint and you better not use too dark washes, keep panelline washes thin and a bit lighter in color and it looks fantastic :D