Iran never got D model Tomcat's though. So if AMK is releasing the F-14D first there wouldn't be Iranian markings in it correct? Did a D ever wear Iranian style adversary markings and if so can someone post a picture.

:cheers:

well it's going to be an F14d. Good for some folks and rather lackluster for others. I'll probably buy one kit, and wait on the F14a. Then I'll but two or three.

Zero interest in the F14b. Still this is an interesting time frame. Tamiya and AMK are doing two new Tomcats in 1/48th! There's a brand new F14 coming in 1/32 scale as well as a new F86! Are these not good times?

Been working a bit in my Vietnam era 1/72 stuff. Right now F8's are at the top rung on the ladder. Drug out that Vigilante again, and threw it across the room. AMK seriously needs to think about doing a side line in 1/72 scale. Fujimi kits on this side of the pond are getting rare, and most of the others are junk. Still with the Vietnam era (time frame) in our minds, and knowing AMK are big on 1/48th. Please don't rule the thought of a new F100d or F105d (or G) out! The F100d dropped more bombs and flew more strikes than any other airframe. The F105 spent more time north of the 17th Parallel than south of it.

gary

Hoping that whatever decals you decided you throw in at least 1 or 2 line jets. I think CAG jets and CO Jets have been done way too often and we hardly ever get a line jet OOB. As for missiles I hope you will also be including Guided bombs..

In any case Thank You AMK....

AMK has impressed me with everything so far. This will most likely be excellent in all regards. Somebody will probably find some sort of fault but for the vast majority it will be amazing. I offloaded my tomcat a while ago in anticipation. Especially after getting the MiG-31.

Thanks Martin and look forward to getting one of each variant.

Yes, who (in Japan) is making a new 1/32nd scale F-14?!

Z-M?

HK?

Tamiya?

Who?

Sorry for the change of topic... :unsure:/>

Z/M told folks at the Nat's they were working on an F14 something and the F86. Plus a third kit (Phantom I think).

gary

Yep In 2014 Z-M was talking about the F-14 but I was under the impression it was to be done in 1/48. Maybe they switched gears and sized it up after the AMK and now Tamiya announcements... 1/32 is too big for my display space but I sure would be tempted if they did do one!!

1/32 F-14 from Z/M :woot.gif:/>

But first this F-14D from AMK.

I had the Trumpeter F14d, and traded it off. Just way too big for me. I/48th or 1/72 fits my needs far better. Always fancied doing a carrier launch scene, And even a 1/48th scale would be rather large. Honestly a Tomcat in 1/72 would fit all my needs. Yet as I said before, I'm good for a couple F14a's in 1/48th. Maybe a "D", and maybe not. The F14d is from another time that I seldom dabble in.

gary

Yep In 2014 Z-M was talking about the F-14 but I was under the impression it was to be done in 1/48. Maybe they switched gears and sized it up after the AMK and now Tamiya announcements... 1/32 is too big for my display space but I sure would be tempted if they did do one!!

Now if Z/M does the F86, I'll be all over it. The AMK F14 is probably more than I need.

gary

Any news?... :rolleyes:

Perhaps on the one year anniversary of the start of this thread...six days from today...we will see something...

Decals are chosen, FIVE options will be available in the first release “D” model.

One of them will be very special indeed. We are working with an exterior design team this time around so once the news is released you will see that the decal sheets are virtually guaranteed to be nigh on perfect.

The profiles will be finished soon I gather so we will probably share those sooner than later.

Experts on the aircraft are already going through what they need to do. Thanks guys - you know who you are and I know you’re watching here itching to comment :thumbsup:

We have found some areas of the Tomcat that have never been captured correctly (shape) and we are trying to replicate these areas as faithfully as possible.

You know by now that we are rivet counters - nothing wrong with that :)

Hoping that I can let you see something soon....... stay frosty.

...Hoping that I can let you see something soon.......stay frosty.

Four days to the 1st Anniversary of this thread...come on Martin tell the higher ups at AMK that the natives are getting restless and need to see something, anything, soon. There has to be some teaser shot(s) that can be released at this stage in the game surely.

:cheers:

come on Martin tell the higher ups at AMK that the natives are getting restless and need to see something, anything, soon

Or else what? What are you expecting to accomplish by demanding to see something?