You guys make it really hard to be a tomcat fan. Just sayin'.

Just to spite ARC and the endless nitpickers, I'd go the entire process without a single pre-production photo.

Some of you guys are absolutely losing your damn minds over this. Get out of the gunsight, safe the gun, go outside, and take a deep breath of air.

Martin will deliver when he says he will deliver. No one here is in any position to demand anything, and all of this begging is making you all look spoiled and petulant.You guys are behaving as if there aren't any decent tomcat kits out there already... have some respect for the fans that still don't have a decent kit for their favorite types.

Its one thing to get excited about a kit, but you guys have gone for PAGES now arguing and bickering about the release schedule for the kit and all the minutia.... in short, behaving like typical ARCers

C'mon, guys.... dial it down a notch and give the man room to breathe.

Edited by Skull Leader

Its one thing to get excited about a kit, but you guys have gone for PAGES now arguing and bickering about the release schedule for the kit and all the minutia.... in short, behaving like typical ARCers

"Typical ARC'ers"... :blink:? Wow talk about a shot across the ARC memberships bow. If being an ARC member and if the "typical ARC'er" is so bad then I am sure there are other modeling web sites out there where nobody bickers, or argues, debates, or gets antsy/excited over things modeling related that you may find more palatable. There must be some modeling web site where everyone agrees with everything... right? I mean Rick and I can debate back and forth like adults and I do see some of what he's saying and I tend to agree with it and maybe he sees some of what I write and thinks likewise (I have no idea). But in the end the thread is all model related and on topic regardless if its via debate, agreement, or heated discussion. Who knows, perhaps even Martin can take something from this thread and improve either the AMK Tomcat or AMK in general.

Typical ARC'ers opinion only of course. ;)

So if I may chime in. AMK, please take your time to get it right. I for one, want a well designed and easy to build accurate kit.

That being said, how about a one piece boarding ladder rather than some ridiculous, multi part fiddly contraption? Also how about gun and engine panels that can be posed opened or closed? Panels that actually fit should the modeller choose to close them would be great as well.

Just a few thoughts. Can't wait for the kit to hit the shelves!

You guys make it really hard to be a tomcat fan. Just sayin'.

Just to spite ARC and the endless nitpickers, I'd go the entire process without a single pre-production photo.

Some of you guys are absolutely losing your damn minds over this. Get out of the gunsight, safe the gun, go outside, and take a deep breath of air.

Martin will deliver when he says he will deliver. No one here is in any position to demand anything, and all of this begging is making you all look spoiled and petulant.You guys are behaving as if there aren't any decent tomcat kits out there already... have some respect for the fans that still don't have a decent kit for their favorite types.

C'mon, guys.... dial it down a notch and give the man room to breathe.

Wow.. Do you really think that these posts are putting stress on Martin? Maybe pushing him over the edge, where he will say - "Let's scrap the project because of all those annoying ARC posts". My guess is that Martin is a big boy and these posts have zero impact on his day to day operation. He's running a business and has more important things to worry about.

Sounds like the only guy getting his undies worked up in a bunch about these posts is you.

Can't we all just get along.

Now wouldn't that be great.......but with mankind...*ahem* the highest life form on this rock, gifted with the ability to reason; doesn't always use that gift.

Can't we all just get along.

Now wouldn't that be great.......but with mankind...*ahem* the highest life form on this rock, gifted with the ability to reason; doesn't always use that gift. IMHO it would serve us well to understand that 90% of what is said written here is like water on a ducks back where the kit makers are concerned, and of the 10% that garners deeper attention, how much is actually used where the final product is concerned.

IIRC only two projects; one still in the rumor stages, and the other actually out on the shelves have had major input from ARC members that was used in the development of the kit, that one the Kinetic Su-33, the other; the one in the rumor mill is a Revell project.

"Typical ARC'ers"... :blink:/>? Wow talk about a shot across the ARC memberships bow. If being an ARC member and if the "typical ARC'er" is so bad then I am sure there are other modeling web sites out there where nobody bickers, or argues, debates, or gets antsy/excited over things modeling related that you may find more palatable. There must be some modeling web site where everyone agrees with everything... right? I mean Rick and I can debate back and forth like adults and I do see some of what he's saying and I tend to agree with it and maybe he sees some of what I write and thinks likewise (I have no idea). But in the end the thread is all model related and on topic regardless if its via debate, agreement, or heated discussion. Who knows, perhaps even Martin can take something from this thread and improve either the AMK Tomcat or AMK in general.

Typical ARC'ers opinion only of course. ;)/>

No hard feelings here bro'! The day I take something personally from a post in a message board, is the day my wife unit will remove my online privileges. :whistle:

No hard feelings here bro'!

I figured :thumbsup:! Hey, nothing wrong with a little debate and even a little heated discussion about models on a modeling website I figure. So long as we're all adult about it I don't see the harm. Heck, if we can't do it here or at similar websites then that doesn't leave too many places now does it :) .

Cheers man!

:cheers:

yes i am back finely got a new password that worked

as for this kit i cant wait for it to come out. and there are 2 cats in this fight one is the Tamyia kit and the other is this one the AMK kit and i will not make any judgements on ether till the come out and people build them and post pictures the AMK i know the make good stuff and saw there MIG that they make and it goes together easily and have not heard one thing bad about it so when they come out then ill make my choice

OK we know (now) that the F14d will be the first out of the barn. If I build one, I'll go the aftermarket decal route. Next issue is what will be the next Tomcat, as AMK has said in the past that they plan on doing all of them. The "D" model will simply open the door and let the cat(s) out.

gary

Why will you go aftermarket for decals? You don’t know yet who we are working with :)/>

You're probably working with either Fightertown or Furball? Can't see any other decal company with more F-14 stuff than these two outfits.

Rob

Hey Gary,

Why will you go aftermarket for decals? You don’t know yet who we are working with :)/>

Surprises to come.

As silly as it seems, I like the one Trumpeter showed in their box art for their F14d in 1/32 scale. Just liked they way it looks, plus it's not that grey scale crap. Still no Tomcat looks as good as a Wolf Pack F14a. As for decal selection, I'm a well known odd ball. Rarely go main stream.

gary