Release set for the 4th quarter of 2016.

A quote from their FB page,

Avantgarde Model Kits, " We can also confirm that there will be two types of wing included. One will be fully closed and slick, the other options for opening all spoilers and flaps etc. You choose what you want to build."

I'm really looking forward to seeing this kit !!

Steve

" TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY !"

Release set for the 4th quarter of 2016.

Prepare to be disappointed. It's *really* unlikely that they will make that release date. It's more likely to be Q1 2017, or possibly even Q2 2017.

Any talk of cost? We can pre-order Tamiya's F-14A for $87 USD right now so I am curious what this F-14D kit will run.

be ready to get taken to the bank. I predict this kit will be priced well out of the hands of the average modeler.

Agree..the a mig-31 with few weapons compared to a D plus throw in another wing means well into three digits.

Not a fan of that canopy arrangement at all.

Pre paint the frame then apply super thin to the glass parts means visible melted paint on the frame possibly leaking to original plastic.

So white glue or gator grip it is with its inherent weakness so they better fit absolutely perfectly.

Much prefer a single piece canopy just making work and dramas for no return. And if those glass pieces have any problems in transit being bent on the sprue etc creating a massive issue.

At least the Tamiya Mustang canopy was a perfect fit and had only one contact surface not 4!

Talk about creating a deal breaker off the very first Cad release for no reason whatsoever when a traditional canopy would be fine.

I really don't care for multi tint glass I do care about spend over a hundred bucks on a kit with a poorly designed canopy that "could" spoil the entire kit.

Yep been thinking on that canopy Unless they have a channel to fit the glass into(which will present it own unique challenge) they should think ahead and if this one proves most troublesome(from the looks of it, it is very likely) have a "Traditional" canopy ready to go....

as for Price I don't think it can be more than the Mig-31's right...so what maybe 70.00-75.00 street price...I could live with that...

And I kind of remember Martin saying that the kit will have aan affordable price point??? a dream maybe...I don't know . it's late early over here....

I must say I am shaking my head at their approach with multiple pieces for the canopy. :unsure:

+1 I feel the same. Would rather see a "Traditional" canopy.

Steven L :wave:

Edited by FAR148

be ready to get taken to the bank. I predict this kit will be priced well out of the hands of the average modeler.

If that's the case then I'll be passing, especially since it's a "D" anyway and they never really interested me as much as the "A". We can only hope I suppose but just based on what they're including in the kit it sure seems like its going to be more then their Mig kits.

Edited by Don

I do it all the time. It works like a charm. You just have to be careful and make sure it runs along the seam line. Let capillary action do the work for you.

I can see doing this with unpainted parts but how would you realistically do this if the frame portion of the canopy has already been painted/weathered, etc? A serious question because I have no clue how it can be done without having some glue either on the frame or the glass itself.

Rob

first of, i'm very happy to see some CAD at last. better sooner than later... but better later than never...

i don't see the canopy thing as a deal breaker (much like a challenge...if not perfect...but wonder if providing a kabuki paper mask wouldn't have done the job as well...), as long as overall shape is accurate...and panel lines...thin, narrow panel lines...

the second set of (closed) wings is more than welcome for me. if AMK provide some good ordnance with it... they should have a good contender for the market!

^^^^^^^this :(/>/> oh, how many time have we heard X release date only to be.........

I have no idea when MoFo started working for AMK. No sir, no idea at all.

I can tell you that no-one outside the company knows how far ahead we are and what our plans are. Sorry MoFo, don’t exactly know what you’re trying to do here but giving release dates for companies you have no involvement with really is quite odd to say the least.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

I can tell you that no-one outside the company knows how far ahead we are and what our plans are. Sorry MoFo, don’t exactly know what you’re trying to do here but giving release dates for companies you have no involvement with really is quite odd to say the least.

:rofl:

I am so exited by this release, if it is close to their Foxhound in quality and price, they have a selling winner. Tamiya can handle a overprised "toy" quite well, but companies like AMK, GWH and Kinetic could/will struggle to survive, so please eweryone, support them and their effort to please us all.

Bjørn

Mofo didn't give any release date, the release date was supposedly given on your Facebook page. He just said that based on your past performance you would probably be late by 1/4 to 1/2 a year and I notice you didn't deny that or confirm the original date so it is quite odd that you are making fun of him.....

Mofo didn't give any release date, the release date was supposedly given on your Facebook page. He just said that based on your past performance you would probably be late by 1/4 to 1/2 a year and I notice you didn't deny that or confirm the original date so it is quite odd that you are making fun of him.....

Indeed <_< . Besides he is entitled to his opinion as is anyone here. If he is wrong in his assertion then by all means post as such and correct him.

...Tamiya can handle a overprised "toy" quite well, but companies like AMK, GWH and Kinetic could/will struggle to survive, so please eweryone, support them and their effort to please us all.

Bjørn

So the new tool 1/48 Tamiya F-14A is a "toy" now...? And $87USD delivered on pre-order is overpriced in todays age in modeling...?

O.k...to each their own.