Sink rate....

I've seen a few AirWing aircraft do a carrier type approach/landing on high pressure "boat" tires and blow a few on those fly-in landings.

Thanks Habu, but if I were to ask again, I'd rephrase to this:

why would a "carrier type approach/landing" be more apt to blow a tire on a runway vice carrier deck (since the tire pressure, sink rate/landing would be the same in both situations)?

At any rate, not important., so sorry to go off topic.

Gene K

They could offer that as a separate kit.

That's what I meant. You could put an Intruder loaded with everything but the kitchen sink or a generic Phantom. Just about anything is a go in 1/48th. If somebody would do a crash crew, or the launch guys; it would sponsor a host of dioramas

gary

That's what I meant. You could put an Intruder loaded with everything but the kitchen sink or a generic Phantom. Just about anything is a go in 1/48th. If somebody would do a crash crew, or the launch guys; it would sponsor a host of dioramas

gary

WORD

It's not what the landing surface is made of or where it is, but how long it is and how precisely you are trying to hit a specific touchdown point.

The chances of blowing a tire on landing have to do with several variables:

- gross landing weight

- sink rate

- tire pressure

- touchdown speed

For a given landing weight and approach speed, if you intend to land hard (high sink rate) you better have a correspondingly higher tire pressure.

If you have lower tire pressures you need to grease the landing (low sink rate).

If you are trying to catch #3 wire on a carrier deck you can more accurately hit your touchdown point with a higher sink rate.

If you have two miles of runway on land you can float it in, touchdown point isn't as critical and no need to stress the plane as much (compared to being on the boat)

If you are doing FCLP then you would want higher tire pressures even though you are on land.

If somebody would do a crash crew, or the launch guys; it would sponsor a host of dioramas

gary

See now this ^^^ would make for a neat kit. Carrier deck with positional JBD, good crew figures in various poses, a mule (tractor thing), and assorted other bits and bobs. One stop ready to be assembled display base/diorama.

:cheers:

See now this ^^^ would make for a neat kit. Carrier deck with positional JBD, good crew figures in various poses, a mule (tractor thing), and assorted other bits and bobs. One stop ready to be assembled display base/diorama.

I thought someone did this in 48th a couple of years ago... was it Kinetic, Kitty Hawk, ????

I know DML/Dragon did it in 144th years ago, I have several in the stash of shame...

I thought someone did this in 48th a couple of years ago... was it Kinetic, Kitty Hawk, ????

I know DML/Dragon did it in 144th years ago, I have several in the stash of shame...

It was Skunkmodels. No tractor included though. Just the deck and a couple of figures.

Italeri did a deck with JBD in 1/72 but without crew and tractor.

Mark

Aww shoot. No?

No. But I guess it could be Tom Skerrit rebuking Tom Cruise for having followed Michael Ironside below the 10.000-feet hard-deck.

How it went like...? Oh, "You took it, and broke a major rule of engagement! Then you broke another one with that circus stunt fly-by. Top Gun rules of engagement exist for your safety and for that of your team. They're not flexible, nor am I. Obey them or you're history. Is that clear...?" :worship:

Oh, the missiles will be one piece slide molded affairs which inly need cutting from the gates and painting and then decalling.

Decals will be provided by our partner aftermarket company who you trust already. More on them in due course.

Snip, Paint, Decal - done.

Martin, should we expect you deliver us all range of Sidwinders inside box with your Tomcat?

All ones showed as renders, including AIM-9X?

It could be nice. :)

Martin, should we expect you deliver us all range of Sidwinders inside box with your Tomcat?

It could be nice. :)/>

Why the X? It was never used operationally and I'm not even sure it was carried by test/eval planes.

It could be nice. :)/>/>

Why would AMK tool up for a missile that was never used by the F-14? Designing and manufacturing slide molds is a very expensive project and this would just add to the cost of the kit for a missile that wasn't part of the Tomcat's Quiver.

Cheers,

John

Why would AMK tool up for a missile that was never used by the F-14? Designing and manufacturing slide molds is a very expensive project and this would just add to the cost of the kit for a missile that wasn't part of the Tomcat's Quiver.

Cheers,

John

If you looked at their Facebook post. They are doing a missile set that will be available separately.

What if John doesn't have FB. Does everyone have FB? I wish people would stop assuming that everyone on earth has FB.

Cheers & Happy Modeling

Brad

If you looked at their Facebook post. They are doing a missile set that will be available separately.