What if John doesn't have FB. Does everyone have FB? I wish people would stop assuming that everyone on earth has FB.

Cheers & Happy Modeling

Brad

Thanks for the support Brad. :thumbsup:/>

Cheers,

John

What if John doesn't have FB. Does everyone have FB? I wish people would stop assuming that everyone on earth has FB.

Cheers & Happy Modeling

Brad

Same here. I don't have FB nor do I care to ever have it. Not my thing. I just rely on others who do to post things on ARC.

Happy modeling indeed :cheers:

If you looked at their Facebook post. They are doing a missile set that will be available separately.

Last I looked this thread was about their F-14D and not a missile set. Great that they're doing a separate missile set but my reply was in regards to what was posted by Solo and is relevant.

And I do have a FB account but I rarely log onto it as I'm not a huge social media fan.

Cheers,

John

Cheers & Happy Modeling

Brad

Whether you like it or not, and I understand those who do not. A lot of companies are using Facebook as their portal to the "digital world" It's a lot easier to get the word out and you don't have to keep your website updated and it's pretty immediate to all platforms tablets,smartphones and PC's.

I think you can access some of the companies "pages" without joining up.

I really appreciate your concern that I don't use FB to gather all of my information from. Taking this into account my reply to Solo was based completely on what is in this thread and is a valid opinion. If you can accept this fact then lets please move along as this is just a waste of forum space. If you can't, well then there's always Facebook.

Ciao,

John

Lol - some of these threads start to resemble a room full of angry old men. I get it - no self-respecting modeler on ARC uses FB. Can we get back to the AMK F-14 for a minute or two?

John

Lol - some of these threads start to resemble a room full of angry old men. I get it - no self-respecting modeler on ARC uses FB. Can we get back to the AMK F-14 for a minute or two?

John

No, get off my lawn!!!!!

Cheers & Happy Modeling

Brad

Agree. The assumption that one may log into...

FACEBOOK BEAKFOCO

COOKBEAF OBOEFACK

BACKEFOO ABOOFECK

FAKEBOOC CEBOKOAF

BACEFOKO EBOCKOFA

COKOFABE BACEKOOF

FAECKBOO BOKOCAFE

...is just that.

Like the look of the AIM-9X, -9D/G/H and -9L/M, but what's the red one? Is it some kind of training round? Looks like an AIM-9B with oversized J/P/N canards.

T

**I WILL PREFACE THIS BY SAYING, I REALIZE THESE ARE ALL IN-PROGRESS RENDERS AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE**

but what's the red one?

At the risk of sounding glib... fictional? Like you said, it's sort of a B (I'd say closer to a C), with J/P/N-like canards and (sort of) rollerons. But the J/P/N had a tapered seeker, and the proportions of the canards are not correct. It's actually closer to the Chinese PL-9C.

To be honest, they're all kind of problematic. The rollerons on all the missiles are off. The back of the X is just totally wrong. The canards aren't very accurate on any of them... Like I said, the J/P/N canards are way off. The L/M canards are wrong; they also look to be oversized, which makes the whole front end look weird - like Italeri's L/Ms. The D/G/H canards look bad.

Martin: PM in-bound. I think I can direct you to some very good references.

You might snicker and laugh, but I've always thought one of the best OOB AIM-9L's was in the Monogram F-14 kit.

Totally agree with you on that one. Nice detail and they didn't go overboard on pieces...

Ummmm, This very forum is 'social media'........ :D/>

Yeah I guess you are right :) It is like our very own Facebook but with better information. I know people who check Facebook multiple times a day and I give them heck and what do I do? Check ARC multiple times a day. Crap I am addicted :(

...Crap I am addicted :(

The first step towards recovery is admitting that you have a problem...:lol: !

You're among friends here who share your addiction though :woot.gif:

:cheers:

**I WILL PREFACE THIS BY SAYING, I REALIZE THESE ARE ALL IN-PROGRESS RENDERS AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE**

At the risk of sounding glib... fictional? Like you said, it's sort of a B (I'd say closer to a C), with J/P/N-like canards and (sort of) rollerons. But the J/P/N had a tapered seeker, and the proportions of the canards are not correct. It's actually closer to the Chinese PL-9C.

To be honest, they're all kind of problematic. The rollerons on all the missiles are off. The back of the X is just totally wrong. The canards aren't very accurate on any of them... Like I said, the J/P/N canards are way off. The L/M canards are wrong; they also look to be oversized, which makes the whole front end look weird - like Italeri's L/Ms. The D/G/H canards look bad.

Martin: PM in-bound. I think I can direct you to some very good references.

Hi, many thanks indeed.

The renders here are extremely basic and have now undergone transformations anyway. They are out of date and corrected.

I’ll reply to you shortly, sorry for the delay.

Yes, WOW!

I was hoping for some engines that can be displayed with the covers off, and open gun

bay.

Really? Not me, anything that will keep the costs down I am all for that and engine and open panels will add to cost.