The intakes will be one piece slide molded items so you don’t have to go through the rigmarole of having a horrible seam somewhere between the intake and engine covers.

Should extend all the way back.

It will have the rivets on the inside of the intake mouth which others have missed.

Martin...

Could you elaborate please...

You are talking about a one piece outer fusalage intake piece that you have in the CAD above.

What about the inner (white) intake piece? Will you be making the intake trunks one piece as well? :pray:/>

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Not sure exactly how much but they did say that it would be less than the Tamiya kit's RRP.

Mark

It will be interesting to see indeed. The Tamiya preorder is actually pretty decent and well...well...below what the MSRP was originally thought to be. I was just curious if there was anything more substantial on what AMK's cost was for this kit, or what their target cost was.

I am sure we will know soon enough...

:cheers:

It will be interesting to see indeed. The Tamiya preorder is actually pretty decent and well...well...below what the MSRP was originally thought to be. I was just curious if there was anything more substantial on what AMK's cost was for this kit, or what their target cost was.

I am sure we will know soon enough...

:cheers:/>

one more time, Tamiya has stated the kit price will be $115. I could care less what it is in Hong Kong or Japan; I only want to know what it will cost me up the road from my house. I like to sup[port my LHS, and hate the thought that I have to buy everything from Japan. When the LHS is gone; the hobby will be gone.

gary

When the LHS is gone; the hobby will be gone.

gary

What crap.

The internet is the reason the hobby is so strong . I've never bought anything from my local hobby shop, in fact I've been in the hobby only 15 years this time and that's longer the that shop has existed.

Still if you are happy to pay a $30 premium, more power to you.

Edited by a4s4eva

one more time, Tamiya has stated the kit price will be $115. I could care less what it is in Hong Kong or Japan; I only want to know what it will cost me up the road from my house. I like to sup[port my LHS, and hate the thought that I have to buy everything from Japan. When the LHS is gone; the hobby will be gone.

gary

And one more time for you Gary, by all means please willingly pay $115 wherever you choose to and the rest of us will pay under $90 by shopping online.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=294243

But its an undeniable fact what the Tamiya Tomcat can be bought for right now.

I was merely curious what AMK's targeted cost was as I am sure others are and its a valid question. Even their MSRP will be more then what the street price is as is evident by most kits. Well, at least for those of us who shop online... ;)

I go to the LHS (the L is used rather loosely, considering that the nearest is an hour) to buy paint, glue, tools, and brushes but I almost never buy kits there. Glue and paint it is more economical to burn the fuel and pay the local sales tax than hazmat, and the other stuff I am there so I might as well. Plus with paint, some times I don't know the exact color I am looking for until I see the bottle live and in person. That said, I haven't bought a kit from a hobby shop in quite a while, and I was a hobby store employee once upon a time. I think the last time I did was the Hobbyboss 1/48 FJ-4B Fury, and that's because in store plus tax was comparable to online plus shipping.

Japan. When the LHS is gone; the hobby will be gone.

gary

I think this is honestly the most absurd statement I've seen in a long time regarding this hobby; and that's saying something.

The Internet is what's keeping the hobby alive. No LHS can offer the diversity of product we all demand, and they can't match prices either...even after shipping. That's the reality, and most sane people seek the best prices, or bargain, for their money. They don't hold on to this silly "I must support the LHS" baloney...because it's just that...baloney.

If you want to drive to the LHS and pay 20% up mark though that's your right.

However, I have one friend who runs and online store who has said he's seen what distributors will be charging for the kit, and he will be charging $80 for the kit.

I agree with Swordsman422 and Jim in regards to the LHS comments. Where I live the LHS's have crazy high retail prices compared to what I can get kits for online. As an example, the Meng 1/72 F-106A kit is on the shelf at PM Hobby Craft for $94.99 CAD before tax. This is 45% more than I can get it from LuckyModel including shipping. And that's after the USD to CAD exchange. It's this kind of mark-up that has driven me away from the LHS's here in Calgary.

This being said I would expect the Tamiya Tomcat to retail for $130 to $150 CAD at my LHS's.

As for AMK kits, I have yet to see their Mig-31's in the LHS's I go to so the only option for me is to order online. And it will be for a LOT less than at my LHS.

Cheers,

John

What crap.

You know, you could have saved time by limiting your reply to that!

I haven't had a local shop for 25 years. For six or seven of those years I was shopping by phone, and the rest by internet. I barely even look at where something comes from now, it's practically irrelevant. The hobby, and my involvement in it have never been stronger than they are now. The reason? The internet.

20160803141929.jpg

Just a tiny issuse worth to correction.

Ok just asking here in case I am missing something. I can see the differences when pointed out now

1. Green line indicates that the intake top should have slight curve while AMK CAD is straight?

2. Red arrows show that the blow by door (I think that is what it is) on top is too wide?

Did I see this right?