Ok just asking here in case I am missing something. I can see the differences when pointed out now

1. Green line indicates that the intake top should have slight curve while AMK CAD is straight?

2. Red arrows show that the blow by door (I think that is what it is) on top is too wide?

Did I see this right?

More or less right!

1. Green lines shows a twisted (kind of) top surface.

2. Red arrows show the 2 side walls should be parallel, and perpendicular to the top surface.

You will see these in the coming pictures of design.

:D :D

There's nothing wrong with the panel lines on the Mig-31. They are perfect IMO...you don't have to worry about a wash holding. I think it's funny everyone complains about the panel lines but everyone goes out of their way to preshade them to death and draw as much attention to them as they can with caricature painting and weathering.

There's nothing wrong with the panel lines on the Mig-31.

No, there is.

Such lines are to wide, and standing out to much.

I don't understand how people can complain about "mad riveter" in case of F-14 Tomcat from Hobby Boss and write "there is nothing wrong with panel lines on MiG-31" in case of AMK.

Please compare those lines with lines of any modern jet from Hasegawa, or Tamiya's F-16.

Compare it with panel lines of HB Tomcat.

328.jpg

I think MiG-31 is great kit, but panel lines are just terrible.

No, there is.

Such lines are to wide, and standing out to much.

I don't understand how people can complain about "mad riveter" in case of F-14 Tomcat from Hobby Boss and write "there is nothing wrong with panel lines on MiG-31" in case of AMK.

Please compare those lines with lines of any modern jet from Hasegawa, or Tamiya's F-16.

Compare it with panel lines of HB Tomcat.

328.jpg

I think MiG-31 is great kit, but panel lines are just terrible.

Maybe is too wide, in that case avoid the pre shading and paneling.

But I think AMK will do a better work in this new F-14D

While I see your point and obviously can't disagree with your visual evidence, from the kits I've seen built up, paint seems to cover those panel lines on the MiG-31 nicely. Going forward, perhaps AMK can address those issues and come back with more restrained panel lines. However, I do hope that you are not suggesting that the kit is unbuildable as it currently is?

This kit is just great: very nice details, everything looks there just perfect.

But not the lines.

Only this.

I am dreaming to have their Tomcat, with all that fantastic stuff, but not with such lines.

Wide lines ruins everything for me.

Give me a sharp & well defined panel line any day. If you are worried about the Mig 31's panel lines being overdone then I think you are in the minority. They are beautiful.

Most of my modelling mates and me just want a panel line that they don't have to worry about losing or deepening just to hold a wash. You referred to the Kinetic Hornet, well I'm building one right now and the panel lines are a leap forward for them but still borderline for overall ease of finish.

Give me a sharp & well defined panel line any day. If you are worried about the Mig 31's panel lines being overdone then I think you are in the minority. They are beautiful.

Most of my modelling mates and me just want a panel line that they don't have to worry about losing or deepening just to hold a wash. You referred to the Kinetic Hornet, well I'm building one right now and the panel lines are a leap forward for them but still borderline for overall ease of finish.

This ^

Panel lines should be deeper and wider to ensure the panel lines are not erased after the finish and all the putty applied. The new 1:72 f-15J from Platz is a good example of how panel lines should be done.

Panel lines should be deeper and wider to ensure the panel lines are not erased after the finish and all the putty applied. The new 1:72 f-15J from Platz is a good example of how panel lines should be done.

Funny, I like slightly deeper panel lines - Tamiya does it perfectly, deep but *sharp*. I took one look at my Platz F-15J and threw it to the back of the stash in utter disgust. It's abysmal. To my eyes anyway. Yes, the Hasegawa 30 year old kit is a bit soft and shallow in places, but it's light years ahead of that Platz carbuncle.

Edited by Dmanton300

A touch deeper as so it can take a wash after priming, painting and weathering. But not so wide as it tends to make a model look more like a die cast metal model. Personally i like how Tamiya does it. On all of the recent kits of theirs I've built Ive managed to get to the stage of adding a wash and I didn't really loose any panel lines to paint. And I don't consider myself a top shelf modeller since I really only build for my own satisfaction.

Will this kit have metal landing gear and PE seatbelts etc like the revised Mig-31 BM/BSM kit now has?

271.gif

..the MiG-31BM/BSM Special edition... is a special edition.

with the magister, AMK shown that they have the equipment and will to add some metal cast parts. (and helps to offers something that makes it more appealing to face competitor)

but i think that it shouldn't be included in regular releases, as it just add to the price... and are not really required...at all costs!

i understand that a special edition of the mig-31 BM/BSM with only new decals (+IP and windows sealant) and the PE fret from the B/BS would have been enough for me... but marketing wise, adding metal legs and tinted clear parts , makes it a bit more "Special Edition"...

Edited by mingwin

Again just curious as it seems based on the comments in the AMK Mig-31 "Special Edition" thread most folks (myself included) would have liked the goodies in the original release in the first place and are more then likely going to end up buying the SE parts pack being sold separately anyways. So I was just wondering if AMK was planning on a general Tomcat release now (like the original Mig release) and a "Special Edition" F-14 later like the newer revised Mig? If so then some folks may want to wait for the "special edition" Tomcat and forgo the regular issue.

:cheers: