There is also a slight kink in the wing that was first noticed by Pete Hamann. With thanks to him we now built this into the wing section. It is extremely slight but it certainly there. We, of course, added this to the wing for accuracy.

Sweet Jesus if this isn't the most accurate kit ever, I'll be damned. This is detail to a whole new level. Well done AMK. Even though I've already pre ordered Tamiya's number I'm DEFINITELY getting this one as well.

Sweet Jesus if this isn't the most accurate kit ever, I'll be damned. This is detail to a whole new level. Well done AMK. Even though I've already pre ordered Tamiya's number I'm DEFINITELY getting this one as well.

Umm... pretty sure all the existing Tomcat kits include the wing kink.

The nlg details look very good. I am curious how you are going to mold the rippled final section (zone 5?) of the engine right before the exhaust petals. That was a big downer for me with the HB kit with two seams running down the entire length. I can't see it being molded as a single piece with the ripples but perhaps with a slide mold. Anyway I am quite curious to see how AMK will go about it.

1.thumb.jpg.d4842a2886fd8237c6cfe9963c3a2cc4.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.c4e72fbd86e107445387124e2b635b69.jpg

3.jpg.888aa669124999af748de93083644d41.jpg

4.jpg.7cfa3bc15fab81e49bc32e97480937fe.jpg

5.jpg.ec3ff2995f6878e392b99cb5ceab3aa0.jpg

really seriously impressed with the landing gear bays! Looking thru the bits and pieces you've teased us with so far; I can see little if any need for after market. The kit so far looks like it could well become a great candidate for a "cut away" model of a Tomcat! I certainly hope you have the production capacity for the gazillion your gonna sell!

gary

fantastic.

Martin since the kit is still early on in production, I would like to make a request. on the Mig-31 kit we had to attach at least part of the nose gear to the well, and the instructions wanted us to build the entire nose gear before major construction was complete.

Is it possible to design the kit so the landing gear can be installed after the main parts of the kit are complete? it makes painting,decaling, and weathering so much easier.

thanks

fantastic.

Martin since the kit is still early on in production, I would like to make a request. on the Mig-31 kit we had to attach at least part of the nose gear to the well, and the instructions wanted us to build the entire nose gear before major construction was complete.

Regarding the nlg on the Mig-31.

I only attached the Y-brace and the bottom part so far, and I did not glue them in to their mounting holes, so I have the parts retracted into the nlg bay. I am not finished yet, so I don´t know if this is the best solution, but at least the nlg parts are safe from being torn off.

But I agree that it is nice to be able to put the gear in last. I guess it is a thing that has to be weighed against sturdiness of attachment points and accuracy.

/E

fantastic.

Is it possible to design the kit so the landing gear can be installed after the main parts of the kit are complete? it makes painting,decaling, and weathering so much easier.

thanks

I totally want it that way too. B)

i am so sold on this kit i have been saving decals i have of the F-14 for a long time. so when the right came out i could use them well it looks like the ultimate tomcat kit will be out what i am wondering is what kind of weapons this kit will have

i am so sold on this kit i have been saving decals i have of the F-14 for a long time. so when the right came out i could use them well it looks like the ultimate tomcat kit will be out what i am wondering is what kind of weapons this kit will have

Martin of AMK has said in a previous post that this will come with a full compliment of weapons - for a F-14D this could include AIM-9L's, AIM-7M's, AIM-54C's, BRU-32's (bomb racks for the Phoenix pallets), LTS (LANTIRN pod) and pylons, LAU-138 BOL rails for AIM-9's, JDAM's, GBU-12's, GBU-10's, and more.