:worship:/> Real nice work; I'm gladly impressed by looking at the CAD work.

You fellas @ AMK; pretty much seems like you have finally been able to make me jump on your manufacturer's bandwagon as well! I'm just about doing it.

Congratulations on a job very well done! :thumbsup:/>

Word.

Just from AMK's post, few renders of AIM-9's:

13730932_644819862349511_1543762690033753173_o.jpg

13738332_644819842349513_2760303810301674231_o.jpg

13698291_644819839016180_4386897667561338825_o.jpg

13719457_644819812349516_5425405359856983728_o.jpg

Sorry to nit-pick - or maybe I'm wrong - but as far as I know the F-14 was never wired to use the latest AIM-9X (first image) ... and also not these older types ... (second and fourth) types. :unsure:/>

So IMO only the third image is an option for the Tomcat; or am I wrong ?

Deino

Edited by Deino

Sorry to nit-pick - or maybe I'm wrong - but as far as I know the F-14 was never wired to use the latest AIM-9X (first image) ... and also not these older types ... (second and fourth) types. :unsure:/>/>

So IMO only the third image is an option for the Tomcat; or am I wrong ?

Deino

Pretty certain I've seen images of the AIM-9G/H Winders on early F-14As and 'L/Ms later, but 'L/M Winders only on the F-14B/D (?)

T

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the facebook pictures, am I wrong in concluding that the wing sweep/seal bladders are moulded in some sort of rubber? If so thats an interesting choice, as long as;

-the rubber doesn't perish over time

-it is paintable

-it can be sanded to shape in case of less than 100% fit from a rubbish builder like me

then I think it will work. To be honest I think I woulve prefered plastic. If it is plastic, then ignore my totally redundant post.

Looking at the facebook pictures, am I wrong in concluding that the wing sweep/seal bladders are moulded in some sort of rubber? If so thats an interesting choice, as long as;

-it is paintable

-it can be sanded to shape in case of less than 100% fit from a rubbish builder like me

then I think it will work. To be honest I think I woulve prefered plastic. If it is plastic, then ignore my totally redundant post.

those parts, i don't think they are in rubber...don't be fooled by the CAD color choice.

to me there is TWO parts, one for swept wing back wings option :

14107729_657636521067845_2502246230074233981_o.jpg

and the other one for open wings option:

14068618_657636551067842_6959981797120536596_o.jpg

the outer edge of those two parts are different, it is thicker on the part that will be used for "open wings" option.

Edited by mingwin

-it is paintable

If its not I would have to wait to build it til a resin replacement is available....but this is all speculation at this point!!!

Personally I think its Plastic. Looking at the render it seems to have some sort of aircraft structure molded to it so that to my mind would need to be plastic.

Thank you pervis for all your Iranian cat photos/pics you've post lately (and welcome aboard Arc forums if you weren't told by any of us already)

but for the moment your reference material will be of a greater use for those who'll build the A variant of the Tomcat, the F-14A.

AMK have choose to bring the D variant first... no idea how long before they'll bring their own F-14A...

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, viper730 said:

each release making them better & better ......still not sure about that multi piece canopy... I hope a one piece is in there also.

while the board was down, I took a trip up north to have a good look at a Tomcat. AMK's canopy is correct, and the others are not. Even the shape is slightly wrong, let alone the framing.

gary