1 hour ago, randypandy831 said:

Yet, I'm here still waiting for the super etendard that was announced way before this and the mig.

it's like predicting the weather, eh?

weather person says it's gonna be cloudy with a chance of rain.. but it turns out to be sunny.

you can sit there holding an umbrella and cursing the weather guy.. or you can grab a pair of sunglasses and enjoy the sun!

Two sets of wings- outstanding!  Can I just say what everyone is thinking?

"Gee, it sure would be awesome if the flaps and slats extended wings happened to fit the Tamiya kit" 😜

But in all seriousness, this kit looks amazing - bring it on!

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi
5 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

"Gee, it sure would be awesome if the flaps and slats extended wings happened to fit the Tamiya kit" 😜

Or you can simply wait and buy the AMK F-14A kit, which will come with the option of flaps and slats deployed.

Having looked at the two kits and what options might be available beforehand, this was the reason I have chosen not to buy the Tamiya kit. I feel that the AMK version will provide more bang for the buck and will provide the options I may desire right out of the box. YMMV.

Rick

22 minutes ago, madmanrick said:

Or you can simply wait and buy the AMK F-14A kit, which will come with the option of flaps and slats deployed.

When will the AMK F-14A hit store shelves? Isn't this AMK F-14 a 'D'? I hadn't heard that AMK was tooling up the 'A' yet. If so then that's great news! But if not, and you want to build an F-14A anytime within however many months (years?)...then Tamiya's is the only real game in town.

But I am looking forward to this 'D'.

9 hours ago, randypandy831 said:

Yet, I'm here still waiting for the super etendard that was announced way before this and the mig.

Indeed. I passed on the KH kit but boy it sure would have been nice had AMK gone through with theirs. The AMK Kfir kit I built was really nice I can only imagine what an AMK SuE would have looked like...

1 hour ago, Don said:

When will the AMK F-14A hit store shelves? Isn't this AMK F-14 a 'D'? I hadn't heard that AMK was tooling up the 'A' yet. If so then that's great news! But if not, and you want to build an F-14A anytime within however many months (years?)...then Tamiya's is the only real game in town.

But I am looking forward to this 'D'.

Yep, thank you.  Anyways, nothing but love for AMK and Tamiya - they are both outstanding modeling companies and I will continue to support them!

Edited by Falconxlvi
6 hours ago, Don said:

When will the AMK F-14A hit store shelves? Isn't this AMK F-14 a 'D'?

You are correct, the first release by AMK will be a "D." AMK has announced that they have plans to do at least the "A" & "B" as well. They will be released next year sometime, if I am not mistaken.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Can someone link the Facebook page. Tried numerous times to find it but no luck. I'm only linked to the builders fan page...

you'll need to scroll down a little

the post was made on Wednesday

https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/?fref=ts

Edited by phantomdriver
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, phantomdriver said:

nothing, except it now looks likely sometime early '17

fine by me I need to re-build  my hobby funds.. Christmas sales and going nuts on Tamiya F-14s have it way way in the RED.   I will admit I have already spent part of what I'd spend in 2017.....so even March or April would be fine by me.....Just as long as they do it right...which I have no doubt they will!!!!!

2 hours ago, phantomdriver said:

nothing, except it now looks likely sometime early '17

don’t exactly know what you’re trying to do here but giving release dates for companies you have no involvement with really is quite odd to say the least.

:rolleyes:

23 hours ago, viper730 said:

fine by me I need to re-build  my hobby funds.. Christmas sales and going nuts on Tamiya F-14s have it way way in the RED.   I will admit I have already spent part of what I'd spend in 2017.....so even March or April would be fine by me.....Just as long as they do it right...which I have no doubt they will!!!!!

LOL!  Same here!  I've spent so much on modeling stuff just this month alone that I definitely need to rebuild funds before this kit comes out!  A summer 2017 release will be even better for me! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...