On 2/2/2017 at 1:14 PM, Don said:

I don't have the F-15, Mig-29, or Su-33 but I do have a few of the Tamiya F-14's sitting in my "To Do" and they are stunning. There are loads of reviews and builds of the Tamiya Tomcat here on ARC and elsewhere. A quick search will provide you with any number of builds,  reviews, and sprue shots. Bottom line, the overall consensus from anybody who has built it or seen it with their own eyes has been praise heaped on praise. Right now it is thee 1/48 F-14A  on the market (and there is a conversion set for an F-14B from Darren's line of products).

From ARC:

There are others. AND... if you want an F-14B...

Honestly, treat yourself! Pictures don't do this kit justice.

HTH

Cheers!

Thanks for the input!!! Very helpful links..

On 03/02/2017 at 0:38 PM, ChesshireCat said:

* I'll end this with a question I asked about five or six years ago when about five or six went ballistic. How many free kits have you received?

gary 

I'm not surprised they went ballistic. Accusing other forum member of being lying shills should require some facts, not just cowardly innuendo.

Shane

On 2/5/2017 at 1:29 PM, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

16487270_747139002117596_745662795966728

Sorry to those who like this scheme, but:

sigh. They were on a roll with some awesome schemes. In my opinion the all black F-14s are the hardest to "get right" as a modeler. They do have good variety in this kit as out of box scheme options go, and that's a great thing for us modelers.  But it doesn't hold my interest the way the other schemes do. 

20 minutes ago, jester292 said:

sigh. They were on a roll with some awesome schemes. In my opinion the all black F-14s are the hardest to "get right" as a modeler. They do have good variety in this kit as out of box scheme options go, and that's a great thing for us modelers.  But it doesn't hold my interest the way the other schemes do. 

Yep. All black schemes particularly glossy ones are impossible to give the type of depth that translates to scale.  

Well, that covers all of the operational F-14D squadrons except VF-11. That's quite a good spread with 5 options.

Mark

EDIT: Just re-read their FB post. Seems that there will be a 6th "special" scheme which will be revealed when the kit is released. My guess is that it will be the retirement jet in retro grey over white with the Tomcat patch on the vertical stabilisers.

Edited by gb_madcat_sl
18 hours ago, jester292 said:

Glad others are happy, but this scheme us the 2nd thing i dont like about the kit. The 1st is of course the fact that it hasn't been released yet. As if my 1 built and two unstarted tamiya kits along with my 5 hasegawa kits aren't enough. I want this kit now!  Minus the black cat of course. 

10 hours ago, murad said:

since no Ds flew with aggressor colors (afaik) the only option to break grey monotony is going to be the vampire - what could amk do about it, come up with a what-if scheme...!?

Actually, there were a couple of temporary camo schemes that D's flew with that are kind of neat. VF-31 painted one that looked like the Mod Eagle scheme, and VF-11 had a blue splinter and a brown/tan camo that looked nice.

8 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

Actually, there were a couple of temporary camo schemes that D's flew with that are kind of neat. VF-31 painted one that looked like the Mod Eagle scheme, and VF-11 had a blue splinter and a brown/tan camo that looked nice.

i suppose these ones?

Still no news about the kit as such! :-(  Honestly...I do not care at all what decals will be in the box or what the box are will be like. If th ekit decals fit my taste fine...if not I buy aftermarket. I start to wonder if we ever will see any plastic :-(

cheers

Uwe

28 minutes ago, f-16 said:

If you can translate, here are a few more CAD's.....

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=888&t=97096&start=345

Your link re-directs to this thread.  Weird.

Anyway, the comments just say 'arrived in the mail', that it's not the L-39 (it's a Czech forum, after all), that the actuators inside the fuselage are interesting, wondering when they'll announce a release date, and wondering about the RIO IP cover material.  

Nothing all that interesting.

One thing *I* would note: if(!) these are new CAD images, that suggests they're still designing the kit.  Which suggests they haven't started tooling the kit.  Which would mean it's still several months from being released.  It's possible that the images are older, and don't reflect the current status of the project, in which case they may be further along than they're letting on.  But taking the evidence at face value... it's going to be a while.

(note: I have no special insider information about this kit or its development.  I just own a calendar and have an ability to tell time)

17 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

That looks really good but it also looks like you cannot move the wings??? Are there be an open and a close options. 

Yes AMK have already announced that the kit will have 2 sets of wings one with the open spoilers and dropped flap option and one for the clean look like the Tamiya kit.