Thanks a lot Sio for the reply and the explanations.

Just one little thing in order to better understand the pricing model:

If I pre order (and hence pay) now for the advertised incentive price, i.e. the lower retail price and AMK should not be able to score the desired 5000 pre-orders to start early production, i.e. switch to the traditional process and a later delivery in 2018; do I still get my pre ordered Tomcats for the lower price or do I have to expect an additional invoice and extra payment to meet the regular price?

Short: I preorder, pay the lower price, 5000 threshold is not met, slower production, later delivery for regular price - do I still get my pre ordered Tomcats for the incentive price (don't care if it is later - I'm not in a hurry but I admit, the incentive price sounds pretty good and tempts me to order more than just one or two)

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Edited by bushande
4 hours ago, Berkut said:

So, you decided to write and tell everyone that you were right about something at some point in time. Got it. Extremely interesting contribution.

Now please link to explanation from Zvezda why theirs Il-76 is delayed? Or why the Su-27SM came out nearly two years after the initial date? You won't find any. Considering for how many years Tamiya F-14 was hinted at and semi confirmed multiple times i promise that got delayed multiple times too. Tamiya being Tamiya they don't ever announce anything so i guess technically nothing is delayed too.:rolleyes: And for how long has Trumpeter been "announcing" some of their kits, like MiG-19 in 72? Or the A-6?

Again, people act as if they have nothing better to build in meantime. World doesn't center around the release of AMK F-14.

You're absolutely right, it doesn't... which makes your decision to ride out and defend the company for poor public relations a questionable one.

So let me test my understanding: because other businesses have made announcements about kits and not followed through, it's ok if AMK does the same? AMK doesn't have the star power of Tamiya (or even Zvezda when it comes down to it), so every failed promise is a gamble on losing customers. You can offer the best products in the world, and so long as your business practices or customer relation skills are bad, it will tank your company before it ever truly gets off the ground.

AMK is getting called to the carpet because they have decided they want their customers input. How they treat their customers and their release schedule is at least as important as the plastic they ship out.

4 hours ago, Berkut said:

Now please link to explanation from Zvezda why theirs Il-76 is delayed?

Did Zvezda claim that they never announced a release date, even though they actually did, with a very public FB post, which even *starts* with the word "announcement"?

No?

Didn't think so.

2 hours ago, Trigger said:

Pre-orders for a kit w/o a delivery date?

430dfb816c7b995e345486bd7ae811a7.gif

Now, i'm more in the "i might get one in 2017" gang... if i ever get it.

as i never was a huge fan of the F-14. even less of the "D" variant...(i originally only plan to build the "A" variant...with closed wings...)

i was a fan of AMK's russian/soviet subjects (or any non-US subjects)... i was really eager to see their MiG-25 family. the three variants announced for this very year...

the fact that none of their other announced projects shows any progress (no the 1/72 kit don't count) is a big bugger for me...

and, in the same time, other manufacturer brings more and more new interesting projects (kits, completed, tooled...)...

I HONESTLY FEEL A BIT STUPID HAVING TAKEN AMK'S DEFENSE IN THE PAST, NOW THEY PROVE ME WRONG. AND IT'S NOT SOMETHING A COMPANY SHOULD DO WITH THEIR SUPPORTERS.

Edited by mingwin
3 hours ago, MoFo said:

Did Zvezda claim that they never announced a release date, even though they actually did, with a very public FB post, which even *starts* with the word "announcement"?

No?

Didn't think so.

Again, you are taking the sentence out of context - Sio was talking in specific about the most recent December date... Sio is claiming they never publicly announced F-14 December 2016 release date, not that they never publicly announce release year. Now, if the October 2015 list contained December 2016 release for F-14, that would be different. But it doesnt.

As Sio said, Martin asked him about a year ago (ie in middle of 2016) about F-14 release date, Sio said he hoped for December and Martin stuck with that date in September. So there was certainly miscommunication and outdated information being passed but you are completely misconstruing what Sio is saying.

The way I see it, each of us has a personal choice to make, either pre-order the kit or don't. No one is forcing anyone to do something they aren't comfortable with. Denigrating AMK over this decision or any previous failure to make percieved release dates or in fact any other decision, surely will only make AMK become much more reticent to share information with their customers going forward. Again either order the kit or don't, but whatever you do quit yer complaining. Sheesh, you guys know how to steal joy with the best of 'em.

personally, I hope that the folks that own AMK and their injection molding company keep bringing in huge contracts. That only means more money in their pockets and also allowing them to keep the price down to earth unlike some others (more than one). I paid a tick under $70 for the upgraded Mig 31 kit, and had this been a Tamigawa  (or Eduard) kit, it would have been double that at the minimum. Now they are saying $55.20 will put an F14D in my lap!! Almost too good to be true. That's almost $15 less than the Mig!!! I can live with this delivery date easily (I have way too many kits to build as it is).

A few complaints on here as usual, yet I see nothing on the other big forums (not allowed to discuss off brands I guess). That only means more for me I guess. On the otherhand, My LHS looked over my new Mig kit, and now want to stock them!  This tells me that Marten and a handful of other well placed people need to make a tour of the USA to establish a dealer network. We want the kit(s), but we can't get them! So Sio; your marketing concept can be called flawed in that area.

Another poster made the comment about a retooled 1/72 scale kit; DO IT!!!! There is a huge segment of modeling that prefers 1/72 just like some prefer 1/32 scale. Look at the response towards the new kits AMK has came out with in 1/72. They're all over them. Besides Fujimi Tomcats are getting hard to come by anymore. Few people on this board or any modeling forum have the slightest conception of what injection molding is. Sorry for calling you out, but it's the truth. I know just enough to get into big trouble. It's takes a lot of time and labor to get things right. So I'll just sit back and wait them out (besides I fish in the summer and fall).

gary

I did reach out to sprue brothers a bit ago.  their email reply (paraphrasing) was that all they know is what we do,  No one (inferred amk, or otherwise the supply chain) has reached out to sprue brothers at the moment.

15 hours ago, mingwin said:

Now, i'm more in the "i might get one in 2017" gang... if i ever get it.

as i never was a huge fan of the F-14. even less of the "D" variant...(i originally only plan to build the "A" variant...with closed wings...)

i was a fan of AMK's russian/soviet subjects (or any non-US subjects)... i was really eager to see their MiG-25 family. the three variants announced for this very year...

the fact that none of their other announced projects shows any progress (no the 1/72 kit don't count) is a big bugger for me...

and, in the same time, other manufacturer brings more and more new interesting projects (kits, completed, tooled...)...

I HONESTLY FEEL A BIT STUPID HAVING TAKEN AMK'S DEFENSE IN THE PAST, NOW THEY PROVE ME WRONG. AND IT'S NOT SOMETHING A COMPANY SHOULD DO WITH THEIR SUPPORTERS.

I'm with you bro!

After all the nice noises for almost 2 years (since they didn't actually promised anything according to some), now they're saying essentially they are too busy making money elsewhere and if we want the kit then we need to basically pony up and pay them up front like a corporate manufacturing client for an entire production run so that they will then consider slotting the kit into their schedule in Dec (show faith if that's the word), if there's not enough faith then it will happen as and when they have some slack time in the factory!

Hahaha thanks but no thanks! Really liked the Kfir but why get bother into if its only going to be a sideshow for the company? Supplementary income to pay the rent on slow days? At least don't put any timeframe on the releases or just say it up front all releases will happen at the discretion of the company!

Sorry to say but I perfectly understand AMK's position.  Sounds like someone has to go cap in hand to their own factory and beg for production time - a purely commercial decision.

I love the F-14 and always have.  Do I love it enough to take a leap of faith with 4,999 of my friends and wait 7 months to see if it pays off ? - not on your life mate!

Sorry but with two Tammy F-14s in the stash cupboard I'll take my chances if and when the kit is made - a purely commercial decision also.

AMK - all your chest beating about quality, options and so on means diddly if you can't get a kit to market.

That's exactly what's currently keeping me from committing to a preorder (and I'd gladly order more than one). But what exactly happens to my meager bugs if the LHS goes down in the time ahead or if the kit for some reason won't be produced or will be produced at a later time for a higher price because not enough preorders have been placed? Do I get a refund? Will I have to pay up to meet the regular retail price in case of a later issue? What if the owner's business is going so well (and I really do wish you well AMK!!!)  that they won't receive enough slot time even with enough preorders; won't that push the release date even further??? I'm not in a hurry, take all the time you want and need AMK but pay money up front for such a long time, I confess, I'd feel better with a little more security here.

I really want to preorder but I admit it's just a little too less information for me to commit just yet.

Edited by bushande
6 hours ago, glorystomper said:

hmm i thought AMK said we could pre-order and not have to pay..

Yeah that bit never made sense

If we don't have to pay I'll order 4000.....

Edited by a4s4eva
On ‎2017‎年‎5‎月‎8‎日 at 2:34 AM, Tomcat Trebor said:

Sio, so have the CADs been finalised and the moulds cut ?

CAD is basically finalised, but not cutting of moulds yet. All machines are full now.

On ‎2017‎年‎5‎月‎8‎日 at 3:44 AM, JeffreyK said:

Sio, you are as slow at producing as I am at designing! I'm still working away on that big black one...

So when can I preorder that MiG-25 and the SuE? :rofl:

Actually not really a Tomcat fan, but I might still bite.

Jeffrey

Hi, Jeffrey,

Now you know developing a kit, good one, is not easy. Right? Haha.

Cheers!

Sio

On ‎2017‎年‎5‎月‎8‎日 at 5:30 AM, viper730 said:

So If I understand correctly the US Pre-order is $55.20 If this is indeed the case I will buy no less than 4. That said I guess you are now 4996 away from securing 5000 pre orders.

Now all I need is the USA retailer to put in my order.

Thank you for your support!

Wait for our next Facebook post. You will know.

16 hours ago, ytsejam87 said:

I did reach out to sprue brothers a bit ago.  their email reply (paraphrasing) was that all they know is what we do,  No one (inferred amk, or otherwise the supply chain) has reached out to sprue brothers at the moment.

So, what does this mean? Are they gong to contact anyone about pre-orders? Does this mean they ARE going to have pre-orders?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Terrible business model.  ModellCollect is doing the same thing with their cold war bombers (B-52, B-2, B-1) and we're still waiting to see the slightest hint of one of them making it in to production. 

I'll buy one, but only the old fashioned way...once it's released and I'm sure I'll get a kit in exchange for my money. 

Edited by ESzczesniak